Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2023, 09:08 AM

679 posts, read 273,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
I thought we already settled the weather debate and concluded that they are even and neither has any advantage at all pertaining to weather. We're still kicking the dead horse. It's a tie. Game over. Just shake hands and agree that you are evenly matched when it comes to weather.
The more important question is: Who is willing to let it go and accept the tie??
If the Dallas folks aren't willing to let it go because of some irrational pride problem then they have a problem. The same goes for Houston folks. Now can you just agree?

Who agreed to that fantasy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2023, 01:43 PM

272 posts, read 118,587 times
Default OK you disagree then explain why

Please take the floor and give a compelling argument for why exactly you think one city has better weather than the other??
I'd like to hear this.

Does it have anything to do with this
>> https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/c...-dome-weather/

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Who agreed to that fantasy?

Last edited by Texas100; 06-28-2023 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-28-2023, 01:55 PM

679 posts, read 273,371 times
Quote:
Please take the floor and give a compelling argument for why exactly you think one city has better weather than the other??
I'd like to hear this.

There's been a pretty solid consensus Houston has better weather in the winters. At best, DFW can claim to have similar weather in the summer, when RealFeel is used. Interestingly it seems that high actual temperatures (which are typically significantly hotter in DFW in the summer) is more dangerous than high RealFeel temps. Dallas has been under an Excessive Heat Warning since early Monday evening, while Houston has only been under a Heat Advisory, despite the RealFeels being fairly similar. As someone said upthread, "Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which is worse."

DFW is already under a heat advisory for tomorrow. Not so for Houston.

Old 06-28-2023, 02:04 PM

Default Good points

I agree winter is always overlooked. Dallas has colder weather and IS VERY WINDY, the cold and WIND make for uncomfortable winters. WIND is a factor and they get a lot of WIND chill in Dallas during Winter and early Spring. Thank you for pointing that out. Please try to change the argument from being an argument about Sumner Humidity which is just Dallas propaganda and argue instead about how the cold WINDY winters of Dallas are much more uncomfortable.

Old 06-28-2023, 02:16 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,448,551 times
..Ok!!! Houstonians.......Your complex is showing again.....you win...pat yourselves on the back because you can FINALLY say Dallas is hotter.....No awards given.....NEXT

Old 06-28-2023, 02:32 PM

Default It's not the hotter issue

Now the issue is winter weather and the WIND up In Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
..Ok!!! Houstonians.......Your complex is showing again.....you win...pat yourselves on the back because you can FINALLY say Dallas is hotter.....No awards given.....NEXT

Old 06-28-2023, 05:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Oh brother. Dallas and Houston are both hot. HOT. So is Austin. So is San Antonio. Heck, Texas is hot this time of year, and hotter this year than many years in the past. Perhaps because of El Nino but who knows for sure?

Most winters in most of Texas are pretty mild.

Old 06-28-2023, 06:40 PM

Default I tried to call it even.

It would be a truce but the Dallas folks continue to spread propaganda about Houston. I'm not kidding I know many people who are Dallasites. If you ask their opinion about Houston they always roll their eyes and say "YUCK, I HATE HOUSTON, I WOULD NEVER LIVE THERE, THE HUMIDITY, THE DIVERSITY (YES THEY ARE RACIST) THEY SAY ITS GHETTO AND ITS JUST UGLY". This cones from talking to many, many folks from up there.
Then they go on and on glorifying and worshiping the place like it's some kind of Utopia. They generate excitement and talk about how much money is being spent on all the developments and how many people move there.
Yes its growing. Houston also had 170k new people a year from 2012-2015 and from '08 to'15 Houston was far outperforming Dallas in investment and development the economy and job growth were all ahead of DFW. Over the last 20 years Houston is still to this day ahead of DFW. but the locals arent Bragging and spreading negative propaganda snubbing Dallas. That is an indication that Dallas has more of an inferiority complex.

This blatant propaganda campaign that they have been launching for decades has infected every corner of the metroplex. There I guess Houstonians are justified for fighting back. Trust me Dallas has plenty of ghetto to worry about If we told folks here in Houston about how GHETTO Pleasant Grove and Ceder Crest are and then they go to Dallas and see the huge GHETTO that it really is of course their going to get a bad impression. That is exactly and precisely what they do to Houston. I will say though that Dallas has a lot of generous, caring and giving people it is blessed and many came from Dallas to help after Hurricane Harvey so there is a bright spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh brother. Dallas and Houston are both hot. HOT. So is Austin. So is San Antonio. Heck, Texas is hot this time of year, and hotter this year than many years in the past. Perhaps because of El Nino but who knows for sure?

Most winters in most of Texas are pretty mild.

Old 06-29-2023, 03:53 PM

19,776 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
There's been a pretty solid consensus Houston has better weather in the winters. At best, DFW can claim to have similar weather in the summer, when RealFeel is used. Interestingly it seems that high actual temperatures (which are typically significantly hotter in DFW in the summer) is more dangerous than high RealFeel temps. Dallas has been under an Excessive Heat Warning since early Monday evening, while Houston has only been under a Heat Advisory, despite the RealFeels being fairly similar. As someone said upthread, "Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which is worse."

DFW is already under a heat advisory for tomorrow. Not so for Houston.
Sorry but no, well I'll grant you DFW winters are colder and windier that Houston but silly mild compared to most of the rest of The US.

1. Scroll down to the chances of muggy conditions/dewpoint over 65 chart about 5 graphs down.

https://weatherspark.com/compare/y/9...tin-and-Dallas

2. Dallas has hit 80 degree dew points, apparently never higher, 6, possibly 7 times, over the last 75ish years.

Houston hit 82 several days ago.

3. If I saw the chart right Houston is at 79 dew point temp. right now. Dallas 71.

Old 06-29-2023, 03:55 PM

19,776 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
It would be a truce but the Dallas folks continue to spread propaganda about Houston. I'm not kidding I know many people who are Dallasites. If you ask their opinion about Houston they always roll their eyes and say "YUCK, I HATE HOUSTON, I WOULD NEVER LIVE THERE, THE HUMIDITY, THE DIVERSITY (YES THEY ARE RACIST) THEY SAY ITS GHETTO AND ITS JUST UGLY". This cones from talking to many, many folks from up there.
Then they go on and on glorifying and worshiping the place like it's some kind of Utopia. They generate excitement and talk about how much money is being spent on all the developments and how many people move there.
Yes its growing. Houston also had 170k new people a year from 2012-2015 and from '08 to'15 Houston was far outperforming Dallas in investment and development the economy and job growth were all ahead of DFW. Over the last 20 years Houston is still to this day ahead of DFW. but the locals arent Bragging and spreading negative propaganda snubbing Dallas. That is an indication that Dallas has more of an inferiority complex.

This blatant propaganda campaign that they have been launching for decades has infected every corner of the metroplex. There I guess Houstonians are justified for fighting back. Trust me Dallas has plenty of ghetto to worry about If we told folks here in Houston about how GHETTO Pleasant Grove and Ceder Crest are and then they go to Dallas and see the huge GHETTO that it really is of course their going to get a bad impression. That is exactly and precisely what they do to Houston. I will say though that Dallas has a lot of generous, caring and giving people it is blessed and many came from Dallas to help after Hurricane Harvey so there is a bright spot.
You posts are just embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas