Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2023, 08:58 AM

869 posts, read 319,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Oddly....I understand and AGREE with both of these reasons...And I think this really explains the amount of PRIDE that exists amongst BOTH groups.

...I also think the PRIDE is what keeps being mistaken as an Inferiority Complex.

Me: Chat GPT....Explain the justification of Dallasites having a Superiority complex over Houston

Me: Chat GPT......Explain the justification of Houstonians having a Superiority complex over Dallas.

....So.........NEITHER SIDE IS OVERREACTING........NEITHER SIDE IS INFERIOR

Dallas Is "Stanley Korshack"https://stanleykorshak.com/collections/men-s
Houston Is "BILL WALKER Houston's leading men's clothing: men's custom suits, shirts & casual luxury clothing | Best Men's Clothing Store | Bespoke | Business Casual | Bill Walker Clothier

Dallas is "Dallas Blonde" https://beermetal.net/2013/07/16/rev...dallas-blonde/
Houston is "Karbach Hopadillo" https://beermetal.net/2013/05/15/rev...burner-saison/

Dallas is "ST.JOHN" https://www.stjohnknits.com/stores/s...ique-dallas-tx
Houston is "Saint Lo" https://www.heightsmercantile.com/saint-lo-boutique

Dallas is "Neiman Marcus" https://www.neimanmarcus.com/?ecid=N...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Houston is"Macy's" https://www.macys.com/?trackingid=48...BoC128QAvD_BwE

Dallas is "Forty Five Ten" https://fortyfiveten.com/
Houston is "KUHL-LINSCOMB" https://www.kuhl-linscomb.com/

Dallas is "Ocean Prime" https://www.ocean-prime.com/locations-menus/dallas/
Houston is "Eddie V's" https://www.eddiev.com/locations/tx/...locurl_rd:1006

Ending Statement:

Houstonians...Dallas is TOP DOG in a lot of categories Houston can't Touch...So EAT IT!!

Dallasites......Houston is TOP DOG in a lot of categories that Dallas will NEVER be in....So EAT IT!!

Lol...I've ALWAYS said this. You're the one who throws a tantrum when the slightest criticism of Dallas is thrown out there. Get a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2023, 09:17 AM

869 posts, read 319,779 times
Quote:
....Im waiting for your response...

Lol...it's apparent that you didn't read the comments. In fact, ALL of the comments about NRG are positive, but THIS one that I've attached just confirmed everything I've been telling you about AT&T's rip-off and how NRG is the ORIGINAL.

Be careful about what you post next time...this just backfired on you BIG TIME

"Inferiority Complex"-nrgz.png

Old 06-23-2023, 10:56 AM

279 posts, read 122,588 times
Default Dallas snobbyness

Tell them the truth. Most Dallas folks dislike Houston. They look down on Houston like it's trashy. When I ask the North Dallas snobs why they don't like Houston "THEY POINT TO THE SKIN ON THEIR FOREARM" That is the real truth. IT has nothing to do with the humidity. Now listen, the whole Snobby North Dallas "I'm better than you are because I live in North Dallas and I shop at the North Park Mall and wear classy clothes and drive a nice car" THEY think they live in the best place in the world and that the Cowboys are America's team. They Bragg about everything. "We've got this" and "We've got that" and "blah, blah, blah"
These folks are so snobby that when I tried to get someone to buy a house in Little Elm because it was cheaper than Frisco they stuck their nose up and said EEW, I don't want to live over there that's Denton county, yuck. The schools are only 8 out of 10 I want 10 out of 10.
In other words these snobby people are DISGHUSTED EVEN WITH OTHER PARTS OF THEIR OWN METRO AREA. it's not just Houston that they don't like. They snub at Garland, Anything East of the 75, Even folks in Plano will tell you to stay west of Coit Rd. In the same City. One dude told me that the ONLY time he ever goes south of the 30 is to go to a Cowboys game.
I've worked in Houston and Dallas and I rest assure you that the Dallas folks are way more snobby and well I don't want to bring up race but it's a problem.

Last edited by Texas100; 06-23-2023 at 11:05 AM..

Old 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
Tell them the truth. Most Dallas folks dislike Houston. They look down on Houston like it's trashy. When I ask the North Dallas snobs why they don't like Houston "THEY POINT TO THE SKIN ON THEIR FOREARM" That is the real truth. IT has nothing to do with the humidity. Now listen, the whole Snobby North Dallas "I'm better than you are because I live in North Dallas and I shop at the North Park Mall and wear classy clothes and drive a nice car" THEY think they live in the best place in the world and that the Cowboys are America's team. They Bragg about everything. "We've got this" and "We've got that" and "blah, blah, blah"
These folks are so snobby that when I tried to get someone to buy a house in Little Elm because it was cheaper than Frisco they stuck their nose up and said EEW, I don't want to live over there that's Denton county, yuck. The schools are only 8 out of 10 I want 10 out of 10.
In other words these snobby people are DISGHUSTED EVEN WITH OTHER PARTS OF THEIR OWN METRO AREA. it's not just Houston that they don't like. They snub at Garland, Anything East of the 75, Even folks in Plano will tell you to stay west of Coit Rd. In the same City. One dude told me that the ONLY time he ever goes south of the 30 is to go to a Cowboys game.
I've worked in Houston and Dallas and I rest assure you that the Dallas folks are way more snobby and well I don't want to bring up race but it's a problem.
I've got no problem saying what I like better about both cities. I wish we had Dallas' rail system, I like how Dallas neighborhoods are more cohesive, Dallas has a better set of suburbs, and I still maintain Dallas has better shopping. Other things like Dallas have a much bigger/better LGBTQ nightlife are noticeable too.

But it is undeniable that people in Dallas are not of the laid back or friendly variety. They turn their nose up at other cities in the state. Bear in mind Im only referring to Dallas. I lived in Plano and I actually found the people there to be very nice and welcoming. But that wasn't as much the case in Dallas. Fort Worth is a TRUE GEM. For the 2nd biggest primary city in a metro area, it wipes the floor with Galveston.

The mentality of “I only want 10 out of 10 schools” however is very much just as alive and well in the suburbs of Houston though.

Dallas is a great city. I loved living there. But I do like the people a lot more in Houston. Way more laid back and a much more "come as you are" vibe.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:02 PM

279 posts, read 122,588 times
Default These nice areas of Dallas

The areas you describe are all north of the 183 and north of the 30 in Dallas. So that's about 1/2 of the Dallas area or guess the North Dallas suburbs. Yes those areas are very nice for the most part. I think the second City in Houston is probably The Woodlands. But Galveston County is also very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I've got no problem saying what I like better about both cities. I wish we had Dallas' rail system, I like how Dallas neighborhoods are more cohesive, Dallas has a better set of suburbs, and I still maintain Dallas has better shopping. Other things like Dallas have a much bigger/better LGBTQ nightlife are noticeable too.

But it is undeniable that people in Dallas are not of the laid back or friendly variety. They turn their nose up at other cities in the state. Bear in mind Im only referring to Dallas. I lived in Plano and I actually found the people there to be very nice and welcoming. But that wasn't as much the case in Dallas. Fort Worth is a TRUE GEM. For the 2nd biggest primary city in a metro area, it wipes the floor with Galveston.

The mentality of “I only want 10 out of 10 schools” however is very much just as alive and well in the suburbs of Houston though.

Dallas is a great city. I loved living there. But I do like the people a lot more in Houston. Way more laid back and a much more "come as you are" vibe.

Old 06-23-2023, 01:18 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,502,540 times
Quote:

I'm guessing you brought Galveston into the conversation because it's the closest thing we have to a second anchor city in Greater Houston? With that said I think Galveston is actually a superior amenity to Fort Worth simply because it has a geographic feature that Houston does not whereas Fort Worth is just more of the same geographically in the Metroplex.

**** and moan all you guys want but when you see the open Gulf for the first time in a long time it is spectacular in how vast it appears, and all you have in Fort Worth are more of those poorly constructed reservoirs that Spacecity was talking about.

So you are right about the people and the food and possibly even the shopping, but you are dead wrong implying that Fort Worth is a superior companion city than Galveston. Fort Worth is still a competitor with Dallas whereas Galveston has accepted it's position as Houston's beach.

Old 06-23-2023, 06:09 PM

6,696 posts, read 9,950,228 times
Quote:

NGL Some Dallas residents are snobby as hell. That's one thing I clearly can't deny. But that's generally only really in the upscale/more affluent areas. You should ask them what they think about parts of Dallas (ie South Dallas, Oak Cliff, etc.) lol. I'm sure you'd get the same reaction. They'll hit you with "ohhhhh ok", a brief pause, and then frantically try to think of something nice to say. Meanwhile, in their head they're saying "oh my, they’re from the effin ghetto" (I have experienced this). So, I don't think it has totally to do with not liking Houston. Some just think that their s**t don't stink and we have a proliferation of that in parts of Dallas. You just don't know how much I had to deal with that growing up in Dallas. It is absolutely hilarious when wealthy people give you that look as to why you're in their neighborhood. My best friend and I use to talk about it a lot. We just joke and laugh about it now. That's all you really can do, instead of getting mad, annoyed, or upset.

Edit: I remember when the city said they wanted to increase affordable housing around the city and not just in inner city areas, where it has been concentrated for years. They told Mayor Pro Tem Carolyn King Arnold (who represents District 4 - which is a portion of Oak Cliff) take that to Cedar Crest (which is in her district in Oak Cliff). If that's any indicator of how they feel, IDK what is.

Last edited by Dallaz; 06-23-2023 at 07:14 PM..

Old 06-23-2023, 07:42 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Lol...it's apparent that you didn't read the comments. In fact, ALL of the comments about NRG are positive, but THIS one that I've attached just confirmed everything I've been telling you about AT&T's rip-off and how NRG is the ORIGINAL.

Be careful about what you post next time...this just backfired on you BIG TIME

Attachment 244100
You never have good responses!!!!....... WTH is that attachment and what does it prove or SAY?......NRG is rip-off to Houston.

Old 06-23-2023, 08:21 PM

Quote:

How I take the difference is the visuals of each.

If you walk into a clean well-kept house with everything in place and perfect..You would feel out of place and you would tip-toe around making sure you don't touch anything or break anything...You then have to Fake-smile at the owners of the house to seem like your comfortable......And even though the house is spick and span they still encourage you to get comfortable the whole time you are there.

Most people would leave and instead of complimenting how nice and clean the house was they would rant on how Bougie they were and they think they're all that because they have sparkling WHITE leather couches that no one sits on.

People react like that because most of the time their house is more relaxed and welcoming.....Meaning not as clean and well kept...and there's no tip toeing needed or white couches not to sit on..

The couple in the clean house were just as welcoming as you are in your "Relaxed" house and enviroment.

Your house just justifies laying around all day comfortable and freely lounging with a beer in your hand.

The same with Dallas and Houston....Houstonians are USED to looking at Houston all day everyday...Its the NORM for them.....So when they come to Dallas..(The couple in the clean house) they mistake the orderly aesthetics and flash with Bougie uptight people....and EXPECT people to look down on them because they feel out of place...And they shouldn't!!!....The couple in the clean house have been retired for 15 years...they lounge around all-day with a beer in their hand...They just do it on the back patio in the Hot-Tub instead of on the 5000 dollar white couches.

Old 06-24-2023, 06:15 AM

Quote:
How I take the difference is the visuals of each.

If you walk into a clean well-kept house with everything in place and perfect..You would feel out of place and you would tip-toe around making sure you don't touch anything or break anything...You then have to Fake-smile at the owners of the house to seem like your comfortable......And even though the house is spick and span they still encourage you to get comfortable the whole time you are there.

Most people would leave and instead of complimenting how nice and clean the house was they would rant on how Bougie they were and they think they're all that because they have sparkling WHITE leather couches that no one sits on.

People react like that because most of the time their house is more relaxed and welcoming.....Meaning not as clean and well kept...and there's no tip toeing needed or white couches not to sit on..

The couple in the clean house were just as welcoming as you are in your "Relaxed" house and enviroment.

Your house just justifies laying around all day comfortable and freely lounging with a beer in your hand.

The same with Dallas and Houston....Houstonians are USED to looking at Houston all day everyday...Its the NORM for them.....So when they come to Dallas..(The couple in the clean house) they mistake the orderly aesthetics and flash with Bougie uptight people....and EXPECT people to look down on them because they feel out of place...And they shouldn't!!!....The couple in the clean house have been retired for 15 years...they lounge around all-day with a beer in their hand...They just do it on the back patio in the Hot-Tub instead of on the 5000 dollar white couches.
...NOW!.......Do you see How BORING my previous post looks?!!

...........I'm going back!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas