Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2023, 04:41 PM

285 posts, read 132,000 times

Advertisements

That post should be embarassing for Dallas. It's the plain truth. Here is a cross reference from Reddit (a younger crowd) about the exact same thing. This sentiment is all over the internet. The Dallasites spread negative propaganda about Houston. They think their town is somehow Supreme I guess they are "Dallas Supremacists" most people would prefer Fort Worth more than Dallas. A lot of people are getting fed up with it. They are ready to take down the Dallas Morning News. >>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/com...t=share_button

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You posts are just embarrassing.

Last edited by Texas100; 06-29-2023 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2023, 04:43 PM

15,567 posts, read 10,563,361 times
I haven't found that people in Dallas care what Houston thinks. That's not to be rude or anything, it just never crosses their mind.

Old 06-29-2023, 05:07 PM

6,301 posts, read 7,532,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I haven't found that people in Dallas care what Houston thinks. That's not to be rude or anything, it just never crosses their mind.
Same in Houston, the vast majority of people in Houston never give any other city that much thought unless they expect to be moving soon. But this is City-Data and the whole basis of the website is comparisons between and what to expect in another potential city. There is even a forum on City-Data called city vs city. So even though your average Houstonian or North Texans never give these things another thought people on this forum do.

Also keep in mind that just because somebody represents that they are from a particular place it is impossible to determine their veracity or their motivations.

To a previous post the heat index does account for the dew point which is a measurment of relative humidy. You cannot say the heat index in one place is higher than another then say but the humidity(dew point) is higher in the location with the lower heat index which makes it more uncomfortable. Please learn what a heat index is....

Old 06-29-2023, 05:07 PM

Default Ask some people

Ask a few people. Make sure they are locals from the North Side. Get a few with that strong Dallas accent. I know the type well and they usually give a similar response.

Quote:

Old 06-29-2023, 05:14 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,841,434 times
Quote:
The ones on this board sure seemed to be interested.

Just earlier in thus very thread one made a long post about how he thought Houston was dirty, and let's not forget thus gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I Used to Hate washing clothes down there....the water never seemed clean.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
It would be a truce but the Dallas folks continue to spread propaganda about Houston. I'm not kidding I know many people who are Dallasites. If you ask their opinion about Houston they always roll their eyes and say "YUCK, I HATE HOUSTON, I WOULD NEVER LIVE THERE, THE HUMIDITY, THE DIVERSITY (YES THEY ARE RACIST) THEY SAY ITS GHETTO AND ITS JUST UGLY". This cones from talking to many, many folks from up there.
Then they go on and on glorifying and worshiping the place like it's some kind of Utopia. They generate excitement and talk about how much money is being spent on all the developments and how many people move there.
Yes its growing. Houston also had 170k new people a year from 2012-2015 and from '08 to'15 Houston was far outperforming Dallas in investment and development the economy and job growth were all ahead of DFW. Over the last 20 years Houston is still to this day ahead of DFW. but the locals arent Bragging and spreading negative propaganda snubbing Dallas. That is an indication that Dallas has more of an inferiority complex.

This blatant propaganda campaign that they have been launching for decades has infected every corner of the metroplex. There I guess Houstonians are justified for fighting back. Trust me Dallas has plenty of ghetto to worry about If we told folks here in Houston about how GHETTO Pleasant Grove and Ceder Crest are and then they go to Dallas and see the huge GHETTO that it really is of course their going to get a bad impression. That is exactly and precisely what they do to Houston. I will say though that Dallas has a lot of generous, caring and giving people it is blessed and many came from Dallas to help after Hurricane Harvey so there is a bright spot.
I mean, I agree with the earlier post about Dallas having some people that are pretentious or snobby (only mostly in affluent areas). Mostly because I have personally experienced it many times and Dallas kinda built a rep for that lol. But I haven't really experienced the overwhelming negative commentary that you've gotten from Dallasites about Houston. I often hear more positives (in real life) than the negative. People may say that Houston is humid or looks kinda weird due to lack of zoning. But that's not really a knock on the city itself. It is true when you compare it to Dallas. There's also some things that are true about Dallas that Houstonians might notice. I can think of one right off top, Dallas isn't as racially integrated as Houston even with a very diverse population. I take it as purely as an observation and not as a way for me to feel or get offended.

Old 06-29-2023, 06:19 PM

Default Well said

[
I rep this post. This is well said and helps to level out the sentiment. Perhaps most of the people I spoke to were more of the snobby type. I suppose that Dallas like Houston is changing. It has a bit of a dark past that still lingers though. Look at the history of Hamilton Park for example.

QUOTE=Dallaz;65485204]I mean, I agree with the earlier post about Dallas having some people that are pretentious or snobby (only mostly in affluent areas). Mostly because I have personally experienced it many times and Dallas kinda built a rep for that lol. But I haven't really experienced the overwhelming negative commentary that you've gotten from Dallasites about Houston. I often hear more positives (in real life) than the negative. People may say that Houston is humid or looks kinda weird due to lack of zoning. But that's not really a knock on the city itself. It is true when you compare it to Dallas. There's also some things that are true about Dallas that Houstonians might notice. I can think of one right off top, Dallas isn't as racially integrated as Houston even with a very diverse population. I take it as purely as an observation and not as a way for me to feel or get offended.[/quote]

Old 06-29-2023, 07:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,390 times
Quote:
[
I rep this post. This is well said and helps to level out the sentiment. Perhaps most of the people I spoke to were more of the snobby type. I suppose that Dallas like Houston is changing. It has a bit of a dark past that still lingers though. Look at the history of Hamilton Park for example.

QUOTE=Dallaz;65485204]I mean, I agree with the earlier post about Dallas having some people that are pretentious or snobby (only mostly in affluent areas). Mostly because I have personally experienced it many times and Dallas kinda built a rep for that lol. But I haven't really experienced the overwhelming negative commentary that you've gotten from Dallasites about Houston. I often hear more positives (in real life) than the negative. People may say that Houston is humid or looks kinda weird due to lack of zoning. But that's not really a knock on the city itself. It is true when you compare it to Dallas. There's also some things that are true about Dallas that Houstonians might notice. I can think of one right off top, Dallas isn't as racially integrated as Houston even with a very diverse population. I take it as purely as an observation and not as a way for me to feel or get offended.
Trust me, I know Dallas when it comes to race. Dallas has a very dark history that was covered up by the Dallas Citizens Council (and other political and business leadership). Jim Schutze wrote a book about it called The Accommodation in the 80s and was recently re-released. The Dallas Citizens Council (the organization that really runs Dallas) then was an organization headed by white businessmen who were credited for transforming Dallas from a nondescript city on the Blackland prairie, to what it is today. The Dallas Citizens Council cancelled him before there was ever a thing called "cancel culture". They literally killed his book while it was on the presses. Jim Schutze said he called the president of the Dallas Citizens Council and asked "Did you kill my book?", he replied and blew his finger like he shot from a smoking gun and said "Damn straight". He said "You want our colored people to read this and have a riot". I know I probably annoy other Dallasites on reddit when I bring up relevant information like this but it really gives a clear cut reason why most of the wealth, money, power, and majority of whites lives north of I-30 and why lower income and middle income minorities were shoved to the south of 30. There is always a reason for everything and many blacks in Dallas already knew some of what was in the book due to living through it. I was one of those people who knew what happened but didn't know everything, after reading it all made sense.

What scared the Dallas Citizens Council is that a lot of white Dallasites had no idea what was done to structure the city as it is today. Dallas still struggles from that to this day and areas south of 30 tend to lack the infrastructure and other things needed for growth due to the decades long pattern of economic exclusion. Many of the commercial areas in Southern Dallas are now bare in comparison to where they once was, as a big chunk of the black middle class moved out of the city in the 2000s into the southern suburbs because of the area historically being ignored and underfunded. Many being replaced by first gen Hispanics. It's also a reason why Dallas has captured little of the growth as the region is going through its biggest growth spurt. North Dallas is basically built out and the natural progression would’ve been Southern Dallas. But since it’s so historically underfunded, underdeveloped, with higher concentrated poverty in certain areas, and often deals with a perception issue… it made it easy for transplants and investors to not touch the area. The growth simply moved further and further north as a result. Just putting this out here, 208 sq mi that make up Southern Dallas is viewed as a “no investment zone” by many in the business community. That’s not good if the city is trying to increase its tax base and capture the growth it really needs. The only real areas that's seeing hella development south of 30 is the North Oak Cliff section of Oak Cliff (including Bishop Arts). That's why I say racism makes you stupid and shortsighted. I am sure they will be surprised how their actions negatively impacted the city and as to why Dallas is losing out to the 'burbs.

Don't get me wrong, things are changing, but to undo decades of disinvestment will take a longgggggggg time (if ever).

Last edited by Dallaz; 06-29-2023 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-29-2023, 10:35 PM

19,958 posts, read 18,257,924 times
Quote:
That post should be embarassing for Dallas. It's the plain truth. Here is a cross reference from Reddit (a younger crowd) about the exact same thing. This sentiment is all over the internet. The Dallasites spread negative propaganda about Houston. They think their town is somehow Supreme I guess they are "Dallas Supremacists" most people would prefer Fort Worth more than Dallas. A lot of people are getting fed up with it. They are ready to take down the Dallas Morning News. >>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/com...t=share_button
With scant exceptions Reddit is cesspool of bad information.

No-one except kids jokers puts much stock into this Houston v. Dallas beef beyond clowning around. Both are great cities poised to improve into the future.

Old 07-02-2023, 09:13 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,477,773 times
...Well.....I guess this says it all!!!!!......You can take it with a grain of salt but I've personally believed this for a long time......... And probably is the reason why my pride seems larger than the typical dallasite............. I don't just be talking out of my a**.........

https://youtu.be/sSfBlMNERo8

... Now let me grab this popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas