Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 AM

262 posts, read 782,242 times

Advertisements

Hey folks,
I have been "gone" for the past three months helping several friends, both in, and out of town. Check out the thread "need info about the Spikes ranch in Hudspeth county for the latest info, (that I'm too lazy right now to re-type here). It seems that there is a new real estate company that is selling tracts on the land to the north of 62-180, in between Cornudas and the rock house at the top of the hill. Go to the above mentioned thread to see what I wrote.
I'll just say that this is a lot of the same land that Jerry Wallace was involved in for his "Wallacetown" debacle. I can't help but wonder if he is trying to re-enter via the "side door". Your comments Muhnay? Brie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 12:04 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
Hey folks,
I have been "gone" for the past three months helping several friends, both in, and out of town. Check out the thread "need info about the Spikes ranch in Hudspeth county for the latest info, (that I'm too lazy right now to re-type here). It seems that there is a new real estate company that is selling tracts on the land to the north of 62-180, in between Cornudas and the rock house at the top of the hill. Go to the above mentioned thread to see what I wrote.
I'll just say that this is a lot of the same land that Jerry Wallace was involved in for his "Wallacetown" debacle. I can't help but wonder if he is trying to re-enter via the "side door". Your comments Muhnay? Brie
I bet that he is using a pseudo company to get back in.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:57 PM

25 posts, read 67,537 times
Default surveyor?

Hey Bones: any luck finding a surveyor? I tried contacting B-Bar, but the number was out of service. Am waiting to hear back from a couple of firms that supposedly do surveys in Hudspeth county. Will keep you posted.
Seth

Old 09-25-2008, 04:06 PM

Hey Brie: good to have you back, hope all is well.
Seth

Old 09-26-2008, 10:24 AM

245 posts, read 698,441 times
Looks like even those of us here in the midwest could not escape the clutches of Ike. The storms spawned by Ike produced more rainfall than the banks of the Kishwaukee River could contain. For a second year, we found our home under water again. This is the first time on record for back to back years of flooding of this magnatude.

Last year at the end of August we had to evacuate our home for 4 days. We watched the storms Texas was having at that time and were thankful that all we had to do was walk away for a few days. The folks in Texas were being evacuated with helicopters. Here is a picture of last year http://www.aerialimages-photo.com/2007ChicagoFlooding/2007-08-26_216.jpg (broken link).

I know, don't live in a trailer park located on a flood plain (que the banjos). We were standing out on the road looking at sunk cars and trailers and my neighbor said she now understands why we are moving to the desert. So much for flooding every 10 years like the good ol days.

This year, even more so, we have much to be thankful for after seeing the devastation on the Gulf coast. For 4 days we "lived in a van down by the river" but at least have something to return home to. We have a big mess to clean up but nothing some elbow grease can't fix. Our thoughts are with those who have lost everything. Our losses were were not bad this year since once the water started rising, we put everything we owned up on milk crates. Having dealt with a flood last year made us way smarter on what needed to be done to save our property.

Seth, I did talk to someone in the Dell City area who could do a survey but at the moment I don't know where the info is at. Everything is still in disarray around here but as soon as I find the guy's number, I'll pass it along. For now it's back to stacking concrete blocks. Ain't no way no how I'm doing this again, this trailer is going up 5 feet. We're not smart enough to move yet. To quote Lt. Dan....."you'll never sink this ship!

Hope all is well with everyone and stay safe. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM

Hey Bones,
What we got out of the hurricane was two days of 78 to 80 degree cloudy light rain. The grass on my runway now needs to be mowed again, I'll do that this weekend.
Sorry to hear that you got hammered with floods again. Come on out here, and that, along with blizzards, will be a distant memory before long. Brie

Old 09-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Hey Bones....sorry to hear about the flooding, i know it can be a mess.
Have been thru a number of hurricanes and it ain't fun. We haven't had any direct impacts so far this year, but we did get over a foot of rain in less that 24 hours. Now the flat roof on my house has developed a couple of minor leaks, have got to figure out a way to seal this roof.
Anyway, hope everything turns out OK for you guys.
Seth

Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 8,267 times
Hey Bones,

Glad to hear you are coming out of the flooding alright there. We had some flooding here also but i am high and dry where i am. Good luck with the blocking project. That can be a real chore.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:09 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,968,601 times
What would it take to make a small city out of whats there? There is interest and people seem to be looking forward to such an endeavor. What would it take?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Muhnay,
By "out there", do you mean out hear in Cornudas/ Salt Flats/ Dell City? I thnk that most of us want it to stay rural, with most people owning ten to eighty acre tracts, a few farm animals that are more pets than anything else, and most of us retired military, and in no need of a job.
We all realize that for EVERY "convenience" that we garner, we lose our precious independence, and privacy. Brie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas