Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 AM

124 posts, read 283,873 times

Advertisements

We were out there the last 4 days - Boy, I had forgotten how beautiful that area of the country is. Stopped by Mays on Sat and Sun and noticed it had been cleaned up. I can only think that a place like that would do wonders. We also stopped at the little store at the Dell City junction (RT 62/180 and FM1437) and what a dump sadly. That place could also be a goldmine if done right. I did see somebody out at Wallacetown all day Sunday - couldnt see what they were doing but some signs of activity.
It was a great trip - I will post some pics soon - the wife just fell in love with the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:29 AM

262 posts, read 781,867 times
You should have called me on my cell and come over, we would have burned a couple of steaks. Next time you come out call me on my cell phone, the number is (915) 449-1016. Brie

Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 AM

14 posts, read 35,897 times
Default B-Bar surveying

does anyone know how to get ahold of B-Bar surveying i seen you guys were talking about him in here early...the number i have doesnt work

thank you

Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,257 times
The telephone number for B-Bar Surveying is (575) 443-4111.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:25 AM

5 posts, read 13,312 times
Exclamation I need information

I have enjoyed reading so much about the area. We are considering purchasing land from Mike Stephens with Stephens Properties, LP. We are coming out to see the land in July and are very excited. We currently live in the middle of the red desert in Wyoming so think we will really like the area. My question is does anyone know anything about Mike Stephens out of Pennsylvania? Is he a legitimate seller on ebay? Has anyone else dealt with them?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:17 AM

25 posts, read 67,511 times
I purchased my 25 acres from Mike and he is very nice to deal with. my property is off the sparks rd about 1.5 miles north of 62/180. Can't wait for august, as my son and i are flying out to see the area.
Good luck with your purchase.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM

4 posts, read 8,524 times
You may indeed like living in the area, given the place you live now.
It takes a special breed to see the beauty of the living desert. Those that see the glass as "half empty" probably wouldn't be happy in this area.
When dealing with real estate companies that sell tracts of land I have this advice:

Make sure the land is surveyed.
It needs access. Does it have it?

How far away are utilities? If they are not on the land, then check the cost of having them installed with the local utility companies.

Does the land meet the subdivision laws?
Recently the Texas Atty General has been involved in land division & sales as they pertain to several subdivisions in Hudspeth County.

The laws need to be adhered to. They are there to protect you as a consumer.
Check with officials at the local level to see if any problems have occured from someone selling land, espcially those on E-Bay.
You may end up paying more to find out where your land is and getting electricity to it than you paid for the land itself.

Just my advice. Your milage may vary.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:55 AM

262 posts, read 781,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma12700 View Post
I have enjoyed reading so much about the area. We are considering purchasing land from Mike Stephens with Stephens Properties, LP. We are coming out to see the land in July and are very excited. We currently live in the middle of the red desert in Wyoming so think we will really like the area. My question is does anyone know anything about Mike Stephens out of Pennsylvania? Is he a legitimate seller on ebay? Has anyone else dealt with them?
Mike and I are good friends, he comes over to about half my cook-outs throughout the year. He is a former Special Forces First Sergeant, And he could cover my back any time. What that man says, you can take to the bank. He is in charge of the Emergency Response for the northern half of Hudspeth County.
Brie

Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 PM

5 posts, read 13,312 times
Thank you all for your comments. We are planning on using solar and wind energy as well as composting toilets. After reading several comments from Brie we will most likely have our water delivered.I do have another few question about things I have read about. The land we bought were on the gunsite ranch. Where is the blue origin located as well as the ranch in which the toxic sludge was dumped. I'm just curious.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 8,524 times
Grandma, the sludge dump site is south of Gunsite a few miles.

Blue Origin is East of RR 1111 by several miles, beyond the first ranches on the east side of 1111. From there it goes East & South towards Van Horn. Niether should pose a problem for you.

The sludge ranch was bought by the State of Texas, and is now leased out for grazing.
Blue Origin is HUGE! The perimeter is strictly off limits to trespassers, and the facility itself is within the center of the ranches that were purchased. We spend lots of time around the area, even on an adjoining ranch & have seen no activity whatsoever on the place, but of course we can't see the facility of the spaceport.

Last edited by Tallinthesaddle; 05-11-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas