Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 08:37 PM

378 posts, read 1,442,216 times

Advertisements

I read on a article that FT Worth hit the 700K mark and with Dallas flirting with 1 mil in the 900K area, my question is do you think FT Worth might out pace Dallas?
And if so will it be another San Jose were it will still be less important then Dallas? or will the tides turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Default Dallas Population

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
I read on a article that FT Worth hit the 700K mark and with Dallas flirting with 1 mil in the 900K area, my question is do you think FT Worth might out pace Dallas?
And if so will it be another San Jose were it will still be less important then Dallas? or will the tides turn.
The Fort Worth population info may be correct, but I don't know where you got your Dallas info. Dallas has had more than 1 million people for quite some time, and they are jockeying with San Antonio for the second-most populous city in Texas. It's possible that Ft Worth could surpass Dallas in population and land mass, but right now, it's a little early to tell. Dallas will certainly be building on empty spots of land that they have now, with the exception of the flood plains. FW would have to do a lot of catching up before they surpass Dallas in city population. As for your 'San Jose' inquiry, you could say Ft Worth is in the shadow of Dallas, but keep in mind that these are two completely different cities and two distinct personalities.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 PM

808 posts, read 3,647,825 times
I think I saw the Dallas city population estimated at 1.3 million by North Texas Council of Governments the other day...

Old 06-28-2008, 08:52 AM

378 posts, read 1,442,216 times
My bad about the population.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:35 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Default Fort Worth should past Dallas

In the next 20-30 years. Dallas has long been "land locked" cities completely surround Dallas. Fort Worth has annexed many square miles in recent years - has plenty of room to fill-in with population - probably will annex more - The Census will come out with new city figures soon this July with estimates for July 1, 2007. The Texas State Data Center in Austin comes out with new figures for July 1st this year in December - currently they have figures for January 1 2008. Both sources of estimates have been very close the last twenty years to the offical 10 year actual census count.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:57 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Tyler is Special View Post
In the next 20-30 years. Dallas has long been "land locked" cities completely surround Dallas. Fort Worth has annexed many square miles in recent years - has plenty of room to fill-in with population - probably will annex more - The Census will come out with new city figures soon this July with estimates for July 1, 2007. The Texas State Data Center in Austin comes out with new figures for July 1st this year in December - currently they have figures for January 1 2008. Both sources of estimates have been very close the last twenty years to the offical 10 year actual census count.
Yes, I'm very much aware of the landlock situation in Dallas, but there is still some empty space. And I think we will see some new high-rise condos in some places. But Ft Worth does have some room, so it will be interesting to watch what happens. But let us also see what the suburbs around Ft Worth decide to do, too.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:36 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Default I'm very,very wrong

Fort Worth will not likely past Dallas, if ever, for who knows how many years - can't believe I didn't look at that current figures - I knew Fort Worth was approaching 700,000 but failed to remember Dallas was way over a million - so that 500 -600,000 differecnce for Fort Worth to make up is going to take some many, many years - my, big mistake. !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas