Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:16 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,239,653 times

Advertisements

It's just a couple of hours, and not a bad drive at all.....DFW airport is on the NW side of Dallas so you can just rent a car and head NW to WF. Love Field is in Dallas proper but really isn't much farther, just a little more city traffic to contend with til yu get out of the edge of the city. Then it's wide open all the way. IMO the rental car situation is easier to handle at Love than DFW and Southwest Airlines (Love Field only) is less expensive than the airlines at DFW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,250 times
Smile Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRISTIAN_COWBOY24 View Post
Wichita Falls isn't Dallas.. "THANK GOD!" I don't know of anyone around the area that ever wants Wichita Falls to be like the big city of Dallas or Houston, so as far as night life goes, if you have a good book, or cable television at home then you have the perfect "Night Life" .. Go to work during the day, leave work, go home, read God's word, or watch a little television, eat some dinner, then go to bed..

What more of a "NIGHT LIFE" can anyone ask for than that?
This is very helpful to me, Thank you! We love reading the Bible at night, it is the perfect night life for us. We love quiet, and Dallas it's to busy and noisy for us. Is it true what they say about crime? And, How about raising chickens, and having farm animals? Is there a specific place for that? Thank you!

Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 AM

3 posts, read 11,456 times
Wichita Falls is about 2 hours from Dallas. I'd check the flights into Wichita Falls, just in case. Sometimes they happent to be less expensive, but you have to catch it at the right time, so don't count it out!

Also, I normally check out airbnb.com for a place to stay-like it way more than a hotel and it less expensive than any comparable hotel.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,032 times
I typed in I hate Wichita Falls , and this link popped up . I have lived here all of my life , there are no descent jobs here , this is the last place you want to get trapped. Ever city official is crooked, they meet every Tuesday morning when they no one can attend, while they plot ways to increase their pockets while you are working 3 jobs. The water bill is the highest in the State of Texas , Property taxes are outrageous when , " when your here your trapped" the police are traffic cops, so unless you have out of town license plates , run a red light, speed you will never be able to get a hold of a police officer. "well they hang out at places like McDonalds" where they can get freebies, I was always taught this is extortion ! the only jobs that are in this town are minimum wage and it takes both households working at least 2 of them to make it. So if your reading run save your self .

Old 06-03-2016, 08:11 PM

135 posts, read 226,143 times
Hey Wichita Witch.......troll much? First post and that is what you post. I have only lived here since October and really enjoy WF.....yes I am military (bash all you want), but my wife and I really enjoy it here. Why don't you be a little more outgoing and make something of your life. I work one job and my wife works one job, were doing just fine. Go be a negative Nancy somewhere else. Thanks.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,032 times
Exclamation Crew22

As I was saying there are no jobs ! Enlisted in the Air force does not mean you live here, means that you are stationed here. And while living on base, your wife still has to work ? " I do not want to see people get stuck here ." Texas is a great state , just Wichita Falls and the surrounding counties are not what they should be. And you can do your own research, I have not once said rely totally on my words, the words of a stranger.
Please by all means google buying a home here, water rates, You will see drug bust's but, the money disappears ( shrugging shoulders) no one here talks about it. And all of our big crimes , yes a traffic stop, which shows you just how honest the police are here. I am just here to warn you, before you get in an can't get out.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:43 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,990,745 times
I've lived in WF almost 50 years. Obviously it works for me. Spending the last 21+ years driving a truck around major metropolitan areas I certainly appreciate WF's traffic density. I cannot see how anyone could put up with DFW traffic 24/7/365. I don't mind visiting if I need something I can't get here, but can't imagine living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas