Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2008, 05:38 PM

779 posts, read 2,247,502 times

Advertisements

That is so cool. Pick Dallas, pick Dallas, lol. Naw, wherever you choose, I am sure you and your's will be satisfied.

But oh boy, ice storms are not fun at all. The sheets of ice on trees, roofs, power lines, roads, etc, attempting to drive in it, losing power for days. It is too much for me to handle, really. I love hot 90 degree weather, sunshine, in the summer time. Can never get sick of the sun, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 08:00 AM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
That is so cool. Pick Dallas, pick Dallas, lol. Naw, wherever you choose, I am sure you and your's will be satisfied.

But oh boy, ice storms are not fun at all. The sheets of ice on trees, roofs, power lines, roads, etc, attempting to drive in it, losing power for days. It is too much for me to handle, really. I love hot 90 degree weather, sunshine, in the summer time. Can never get sick of the sun, lol.
I can't get sick of the sun, either. That's why I love Texas. How can anyone stand living up in the cold? That must be very depressing for people constantly having to shovel snow and deal with all of the things associated with ice, including loss of power. I could never live up north.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I can't get sick of the sun, either. That's why I love Texas. How can anyone stand living up in the cold? That must be very depressing for people constantly having to shovel snow and deal with all of the things associated with ice, including loss of power. I could never live up north.
I know what you mean. But there are people that like that kind of cold. I guess it kind of makes sense because there are people who like it sunny and hot, like us. It's all good tho. To each his or her own, really.

Merry Christmas, case44 and have a wonderful new year!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 03:41 AM

194 posts, read 492,095 times
My my, this thread has been mighty busy since I last checked! Happy Christmas everyone and have a great New Year!!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoritacharlene View Post
My my, this thread has been mighty busy since I last checked! Happy Christmas everyone and have a great New Year!!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well, Charlene. How is everything going, my friend? Are you enjoying the holiday season?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well, Charlene. How is everything going, my friend? Are you enjoying the holiday season?
I am indeed my dear! You? Wish I was in Texas though! Speaking of which, I got the best Christmas present ever. Words cannot describe it with justice though so I'll take a picture and post it on here. Love to you all xxxx

Old 12-30-2008, 11:56 AM

130 posts, read 348,244 times
Smile More Texas love

Quote:
I am indeed my dear! You? Wish I was in Texas though! Speaking of which, I got the best Christmas present ever. Words cannot describe it with justice though so I'll take a picture and post it on here. Love to you all xxxx
Hey senoritacharlene, Maybe you already mentioned it earlier in this thread and I missed it, but what are you doing that you cannot move to Texas right now? Have you visited or lived in Texas before? Where do you desire to live in Texas? I have been to Texas twice to visit friends and check out the area. I love Fort Worth. It is really in my heart that I'm going to live there and like you I wish I was there TODAY. I hope 2009 is my year to move to the Lonestar state. Not just for me, but everyone on this thread who wants to move to there. Hurry up and send us the pic of your Christmas gift so we can all see. Have a blessed New Year everyone!!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happy View Post
Hey senoritacharlene, Maybe you already mentioned it earlier in this thread and I missed it, but what are you doing that you cannot move to Texas right now? Have you visited or lived in Texas before? Where do you desire to live in Texas? I have been to Texas twice to visit friends and check out the area. I love Fort Worth. It is really in my heart that I'm going to live there and like you I wish I was there TODAY. I hope 2009 is my year to move to the Lonestar state. Not just for me, but everyone on this thread who wants to move to there. Hurry up and send us the pic of your Christmas gift so we can all see. Have a blessed New Year everyone!!
Hi 2happy! Well the only reason I cant get there right away is because I need to find a job that comes with a visa sponsorship, and that's not easy! I have found a way in which I can do it, by training to become a spanish teacher. The thing is though that the training starts in june every year, and so I could start June 2009, but I need time to save up some money first, so Im aiming for June 2010. Where are you from originally 2happy? I will try and get a picture up later today. Need to find my camera first...
Have a wonderful New Year everybody. Maybe one day we'll all meet up for New Years...

Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM

Default Texas love

Quote:
Hi 2happy! Well the only reason I cant get there right away is because I need to find a job that comes with a visa sponsorship, and that's not easy! I have found a way in which I can do it, by training to become a spanish teacher. The thing is though that the training starts in june every year, and so I could start June 2009, but I need time to save up some money first, so Im aiming for June 2010. Where are you from originally 2happy? I will try and get a picture up later today. Need to find my camera first...
Have a wonderful New Year everybody. Maybe one day we'll all meet up for New Years...
Ohhh, I see, it is a process for you too. I hope and pray you are able to accomplish your dream and become a spanish teacher and get to move to Texas. I am from Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I am from Mass and except for living in Pa and D.C. for a period of time, I have always lived here in New England. I am sort of in a process as well in regards to moving to Texas. We have a home, etc. to sell first. Everything is a process I suppose. I wish you a very Blessed and Prosperous New Year Senorita.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 PM

For those who love Texas and are interested, the Travel Texas Travel Guide for 2009 is ready to be ordered. It is a great source of information about the different regions,cities and events going on in Texas. The TravelTex.com website is the place to get it and the best part is it's FREE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas