Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

Let's hope the folks moving here from other states are more of the liberal persuasion. We need more balance here in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM

398 posts, read 1,417,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Let's hope the folks moving here from other states are more of the liberal persuasion. We need more balance here in Texas.
traditional conservatism > liberalism

Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
I disagree with wanting more liberals. Liberals tend to want big government with many programs.
That ends up costing $$$$..the last thing we want right now.

Just look at California as an example of what "more liberalism" did.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:54 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I disagree with wanting more liberals. Liberals tend to want big government with many programs.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 PM

161 posts, read 489,357 times
Quote:

Amen and Amen.
Take a look at NYS too--another example of "more liberalism"

Old 02-13-2009, 03:31 AM

214 posts, read 725,125 times
The liberal persuasion sure hasnt seemed to help my old Blue state Michigan. It's one of the reasons I left.

Take your liberal persusion and the deficit/turmoil that comes with it to CA or MI where it belongs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post

Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times

Here's a comparison of what today's liberal organization is bringing to you... and, unfortunately, all of us.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:34 AM

130 posts, read 348,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

Here's a comparison of what today's liberal organization is bringing to you... and, unfortunately, all of us.
You are right... this is unfortunate and very sad. Our government is now being led by the most liberal administration in the history of our nation. Instead of singing God Bless America, we need to pray God have mercy on America...we need help!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,965 times
Quote:
Actually, there was a study a few years back on state governments that studied shifted party affiliation and spending by the new party.

State legislatures that went from DEM to REP had an average increase in budget of 7.5%
State legs that went from REP to DEM had an average increase in budget of 7.1%
States that had a REP leg and Governor had the biggest average increase in spending.
States with a DEM leg and Governor was slightly less but statistically insignificant.
States with a mixed leg & governor had significantly less spending.

The gist is the only difference between the parties is that Dems at least admit they're going to spend more while the Reps lie to you about it.

Wish I could remember the source of that study.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:32 PM

29 posts, read 106,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Actually, there was a study a few years back on state governments that studied shifted party affiliation and spending by the new party.

State legislatures that went from DEM to REP had an average increase in budget of 7.5%
State legs that went from REP to DEM had an average increase in budget of 7.1%
States that had a REP leg and Governor had the biggest average increase in spending.
States with a DEM leg and Governor was slightly less but statistically insignificant.
States with a mixed leg & governor had significantly less spending.

The gist is the only difference between the parties is that Dems at least admit they're going to spend more while the Reps lie to you about it.

Wish I could remember the source of that study.
Finally, some sense on this forum rather than slogan-spewing. I don't dislike the basis of the conservative ideology, but I must say most conservatives have an unreasonable, irrational, name-calling attitude. Perhaps following the example of Limbaugh and Hannity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas