Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:43 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times

Advertisements

just get married so yall can live on post..post housing is very nice.
well...if yall wont/cant do that, i, myself would never live in the areas of Killeen that have the fourplexes. i know folks bash Killeen alot but there are VERY nice "country" rural areas, like near the airport...close to Ding Dong and Maxdale....
but i myself choose to live way out in the country in the Gatesville area..much cheaper and the rents are not jacked up high to take advantage of BAH (because i dont get BAH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex012390 View Post
My boyfriend is looking at transferring down to Fort Hood from Fort Bragg after he gets back from deployment.

We were looking at moving into some of the fourplexes around that area, but I wanted some real input about Killeen and on-post.

I was hoping to find what utlities would be, commutes, average cost of living just the general things so I can make a good guess bout the area before he puts in for the relocation.

Anything would be a big help. I've past through Killeen, but I've always lived in Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,340 times
i would get married sooner if we could but we've gotta wait another 2 years or so
so we're trying to find that in between

are there any apartments/etc that include utilities
i think that's something we might need to look into also

Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
very far and few between. check Craigs List.
the only place where utilities are free, that i know of, is on a military post.
it would be too expensive for any property owner to offer free utilities, as hot as it gets here, the electric bill could be outrageous, if tenants were given free electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex012390 View Post
i would get married sooner if we could but we've gotta wait another 2 years or so
so we're trying to find that in between

are there any apartments/etc that include utilities
i think that's something we might need to look into also

Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,570 times
hey everyone, just found out we are headed to ft hood. We have a big family. I am looking for good areas for kids and famiies. Preferably farther away from the base but within reasonable travel time. Any areas have houses for rent cheap? I mean the out of the way cheap not the high crime rate cheap. Any info would be great.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:43 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmomma123 View Post
hey everyone, just found out we are headed to ft hood. We have a big family. I am looking for good areas for kids and famiies. Preferably farther away from the base but within reasonable travel time. Any areas have houses for rent cheap? I mean the out of the way cheap not the high crime rate cheap. Any info would be great.
Try Harker Heights preferbly behind the Wal-Mart. Brand new homes that are reasonably cheap. Anywhere in Killeen will be to close to the base for you. Because I would say Southwest Killeen by the airport but that's bordered by the base.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:26 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingmomma123 View Post
What is 'farther away', what is 'reasonable travel time', and what is 'cheap'?

Take a look at a google map and search Killeen, zoom out a bit to see the area. There's military from Copperas Cove to Temple and south to Georgetown and probly some other places no one knows about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas