Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,475 times

Advertisements

What are the thoughts and opinions of the KKK nowadays? Is it growing or dying?

Just a thought, as I like to study social issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
It's definitely dying but they are around, quietly.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Their ilk would be found more in the likes of Mississippi or possibly Alabama than in Texas.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post

Raven? Why the hell are you asking a silly question like this other than to start a fight? The KKK is no more active in Texas/South, than it is any where else. And you know this, full well.

But really, all BS, aside, what is your point and purpose for starting a thread like this? And spare the BS...cos not many believe it...

Old 01-26-2013, 06:08 PM

194 posts, read 524,643 times
It's dying. Texas is becoming increasingly more diverse. I've lived in Texas for a long time, and I've never encountered or have had any problems with the KKK.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Raven? Why the hell are you asking a silly question like this other than to start a fight? The KKK is no more active in Texas/South, than it is any where else. And you know this, full well.

But really, all BS, aside, what is your point and purpose for starting a thread like this? And spare the BS...cos not many believe it...
I ended up in an area of NJ that has a KKK presence one day while I was going to a festival and it wasn't very pleasant. I didn't think we had them in NJ and it made me wonder where else they were still active and someone suggested Texas. Now I'm a person that doesn't like rumors so I want to know straight from the > Texans.

There is nothing silly about my question. It's a concern, being that I'm latina and thinking about taking a roadtrip through Texas

Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
I ended up in an area of NJ that has a KKK presence one day while I was going to a festival and it wasn't very pleasant. I didn't think we had them in NJ and it made me wonder where else they were still active and someone suggested Texas. Now I'm a person that doesn't like rumors so I want to know straight from the > Texans.

There is nothing silly about my question. It's a concern, being that I'm latina and thinking about taking a roadtrip through Texas
You have zero, zilch, zip, nada to worry about on your road trip or even if you lived here.

Texas is home to two of the most diverse metro areas of the US (Houston and Dallas), one of the most progressive cities in the US (Austin), and two Latino cultural centers (San Antonio and El Paso).

Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:

Yeah, there is...but ok...fair enough. I will meet you half-way. Let's engage. Who suggested that they were still very active in Texas? Your chances of encountering the KKK in Texas are roughly those of being attacked by a shark in the Gulf of Mexico.

What are your road trip plans? What route to you plan to take? Since you have active plans to take a road trip thru Texas, you should be able to answer that, right?

To be honest, Raven? My BS detector is going off BIG TIME. But ok, to be fair? Again. When are you planning this road trip and what route and thru what areas?

Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Yeah, there is...but ok...fair enough. I will meet you half-way. Let's engage. Who suggested that they were still very active in Texas? Your chances of encountering the KKK in Texas are roughly those of being attacked by a shark in the Gulf of Mexico.

What are your road trip plans? What route to you plan to take? Since you have active plans to take a road trip thru Texas, you should be able to answer that, right?

To be honest, Raven? My BS detector is going off BIG TIME. But ok, to be fair? Again. When are you planning this road trip and what route and thru what areas?

I was discussing the experience I had in the town in NJ and sharing the idea of a job with a colleague. She pretty much said not to go to Texas, especially southern Texas or anywhere in the south.

I haven't been to Texas since 2003 and that was to Houston so I have no ideas about roads or what to expect.

I want to fly from Newark to Houston and then visit the cities of Dallas, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. I have a friend in Houston and also want to investigate a possible teaching position in San Antonio, which seems to have a positive attitude towards preschool teachers with their newly passed prek4 initiative.

I have all summer off since I'm a teacher so I want to explore Texas, as I'm sick of the east coast. I also have family in Mexico so I'd like to drive through all of those cities and then take a flight to Guadalajara, Mexico. My plan is pretty simple and I will be with my husband, but we still wouldn't want to end up on the wrong road.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:59 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:

What are our thoughts and opinions of the KKK? Really? Since you asked, they make for humorous guests on Jerry Springer. That's about it.

Seriously, though, as a northern transplant, I have yet to see or hear from them in the seven years I have been in this great state. In my eyes, it's as if they really do not exist, at least here in Bexar County, although I have heard they are still in every state. Non Hispanic whites are a minority here, yet everyone seems to get along. By 2020, Latinos will be a majority in the entire state, not just South Texas.

Call me sheltered but I have never seen or heard of any KKK activity in MA, and my experience has been the same here in Texas. I have no real experience to dictate whether it is growing or dying.

You really have nothing to worry about coming here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas