Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:26 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Houston-Austin-SA and south should be fine. Mixing going on here for multiple generations now.

In North Texas there is some blatant anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Can't speak for the rest of the state.
Cant speak for the rest of North Texas, but theres really nothing of the sort in the Metroplex.

There are more Mexicans in Dallas than any other race. People up here dont seem to care at all. I imagine what tension there is comes out more in the smaller towns. But again, I didnt see it at all in my time in Fort Worth or in Dallas.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 PM

277 posts, read 577,284 times
Latina chicks are pretty hot. That's my view on race relations.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I agree that relations are very good from what I see. I am a cross of Czech and Irish and my wife is Mexican, actually born in Mexico and legally immigrated to Texas.

Overall Anglo-Hispanic relations are better in Texas than most parts of the U.S.

I was born here in the US and am of Italian descent. My wife also legally emigrated here from Mexico after we married. Couldn't be happier.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:13 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,171 times
I'm not even sure Anglo-Hispanic relationships are even viewed as interracial by many people in most of the state.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 PM

85 posts, read 329,748 times
Well I was born in Mexico. My parents decided to try out the US so they moved when I was just 5 moths old. Im now a us citizen. In LA I didn't have much interaction with Anglos because they weren't any where I used to live. I moved to San Antonio four years ago and let me tell you I prefer to hang with my Anglo friends than with my friends that are from mexican decent.I think I see more problems with the people that have been here and are second or third generation Americans, not a whole lot of Mexican, towards the Mexicans that just immigrated from Mexico.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:24 PM

384 posts, read 1,413,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post

In North Texas there is some blatant anti-Hispanic sentiment.

maybe some isolated cases but not enough to develop such a description. I would counter that by saying that the places around jasper or vidor are more anti-hispanic then some places in north texas and im well aware of their damaged past in regards to the black community.. but i could be wrong since i would just be operating out of stereotypes or word of mouth (i havent visited or lived there thank God) . places around crowley, tx (which is near fort worth) could very well see anti-hispanic sentiments... but im not too sure.

by in large no anti-hispanic sentiment at all in Denton... none more than usual at least. Tons of migrant workers and or mexicans and their culture up here who are welcomed and embraced by the community.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:50 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,574 times
It's overall pretty good.
It's of mixed minds though.
There some Hispanics here who have the most Texas drawl, and are probably more Texan than Texas itself.
But a good chunk of Hispanic have been here for god knows how long.
Moderator cut: Off-Topic for Forum
You can't exist without them, I mean they're almost half of the freaking state.
Moderator cut: Off-Topic for Forum
But generally speaking the Hispanic-Anglo relations are better then the Black-Anglo ones.
and then the Blacks and Hispanics have a resentment towards each other, so let's not go there.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-09-2012 at 05:29 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,955 times
Glad to hear that things are amiable & friendly in Texas, wish I was there.
I live in California, don't like California, but I'm stuck here.

Amazingly I have several cousins that are like me, that is, half Anglo & half Latino;
this is so unusual, I know. I only knew them (2male & 1female) when I was young (like 12 years old),
they were very bright, from well off families, all born in America, sweet bilingual kids.

They did well in life, can be mistaken for mainstream White.
I on the other hand, turned out to be a depressed slacker.

Except for my unusual family & relatives, I can't say that I've seen much interaction
between Hispanics and others in California because there virtually is none. What interaction? Show me it.

I do have a small group of friends, two Muslims, and two Jewish friends. (They two groups have never met.)

I look Middle-Eastern, so I ended up like this. What's your excuse?

Last edited by Eng_Latin_1; 09-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: I decided to edit.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,976,996 times
Despite having been part of the Spanish empire and then a territory of Mexico, CA realy didn't have much hispanic population before well into the 20th Century. Texas OTOH has always had an hispanic population, which is deeply rooted in the state. It makes a real difference in the extent to which hispanics are integrated overall into the society of the respective states. Only the area of New Mexico around Santa Fe and the Sangre de Cristo mountains/high road has an older and more deeply rooted hispanic population.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:57 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,627,381 times
Quote:
I'm not even sure Anglo-Hispanic relationships are even viewed as interracial by many people in most of the state.
I would have to agree with this entirely. I am sitting here thinking of how many 'interracial' couples I know, and am just now realizing how many there are. I would also have to sit and think about how many co-workers or friends that I have that are hispanic... I have no idea and it is not part of my 'classifcation' system, which is mainly 'volleyball friends', 'work friends', 'wife's friends', etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas