Jasper: Gazebo on City Park
Jasper: Jasper City Park
Jasper: Jasper County Courthouse
Jasper: Rodeo Mural
Jasper: water tower
Jasper: Angelina College at Jasper
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||33.8 years|
|Texas median age:||34.5 years|
Zip codes: 75951.
Estimated per capita income in 2016: $16,521 (it was $12,997 in 2000)
Jasper city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2016: $94,048 (it was $53,200 in 2000)
Median gross rent in 2016: $732.
Races in Jasper, TX (2016)
- 4,26553.9%Black alone
- 2,64533.4%White alone
- 1101.4%Two or more races
- 720.9%Asian alone
- 70.09%American Indian alone
|Which is better: be top 5% student at Liberty High or maybe top 20% in Jasper? (71 replies)|
|Plz Suggest-Jasper HS to Liberty HS? (19 replies)|
|Clark/Plano Senior or Jasper/Plano West (8 replies)|
|Are people of color welcome in the Hill Country (Fredericksburg)? (119 replies)|
|PISD - Jasper - Housing (5 replies)|
|New to Jasper High (12 replies)|
Latest news from Jasper, TX collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: American (20.0%), English (5.0%), Ethiopian (3.2%), German (3.1%), European (2.3%), French (2.2%).
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 10.3 square miles.
Population density: 738 people per square mile(low).
For population 25 years and over in Jasper:
- High school or higher: 84.1%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 12.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 7.2%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 13.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jasper city:
- Never married: 35.5%
- Now married: 42.6%
- Separated: 2.9%
- Widowed: 8.8%
- Divorced: 10.3%
578 residents are foreign born (5.0% Latin America, 1.3% Africa).
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 76 registered sex offenders living in Jasper, Texas as of February 22, 2018.
The ratio of number of residents in Jasper to the number of sex offenders is 104 to 1.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2016: $1,933 (1.5%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2016: $1,352 (1.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Beaumont, TX (58.8 miles , pop. 113,866).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Southeast Montgomery, TX (95.2 miles , pop. 208,076).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (115.2 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Sam Rayburn, TX (3.2 miles ), Browndell, TX (3.7 miles ), Newton, TX (3.9 miles ), Kirbyville, TX (4.4 miles ), Spurger, TX (4.5 miles ), Burkeville, TX (4.5 miles ), Pineland, TX (4.8 miles ), Colmesneil, TX (5.0 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 4 buildings, average cost: $93,000
- 1998: 7 buildings, average cost: $95,800
- 1999: 16 buildings, average cost: $50,300
- 2000: 8 buildings, average cost: $71,000
- 2001: 3 buildings, average cost: $102,300
- 2002: 4 buildings, average cost: $102,300
- 2003: 4 buildings, average cost: $102,300
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $102,300
- 2005: 5 buildings, average cost: $102,300
- 2007: 12 buildings, average cost: $104,900
- 2008: 8 buildings, average cost: $139,300
- 2009: 32 buildings, average cost: $85,500
- 2010: 36 buildings, average cost: $165,100
- 2011: 2 buildings, average cost: $249,500
- 2012: 5 buildings, average cost: $62,800
- 2013: 1 building, cost: $395,000
- 2014: 6 buildings, average cost: $94,800
Number of permits per 10,000 residents
Average cost (in $1000s)
Latitude: 30.92 N, Longitude: 94.00 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +3,855 (+48.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 1,773 (63.1%)
Area code: 409
|Crime rates in Jasper by Year|
|City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 280.5)||306.1||249.6||320.0||697.3||546.1||364.2||364.8||334.5||294.8||334.6||482.0||413.8||475.4||368.0||370.9|
(click on a table row to update graph)
Crime rate in Jasper detailed stats: murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, arson
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||2.63|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: +124 (+1.5%).
- Retail trade (18%)
- Educational services (13%)
- Public administration (13%)
- Construction (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (11%)
- Manufacturing (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (7%)
- Health care and social assistance (29%)
- Retail trade (24%)
- Accommodation and food services (11%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Other services, except public administration (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Transportation occupations (17%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (12%)
- Sales and related occupations (9%)
- Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations (9%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (8%)
- Production occupations (8%)
- Education, training, and library occupations (7%)
- Sales and related occupations (24%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (16%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (8%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (7%)
- Production occupations (6%)
- Health technologists and technicians (5%)
Average climate in Jasper, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Jasper-area historical tornado activity is near Texas state average. It is 47% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 3/2/1999, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 6.1 miles away from the Jasper city center killed one person and injured 6 people and caused $750,000 in damages.
On 5/13/1982, a category F3 tornado 21.1 miles away from the city center killed one person and injured one person and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Jasper-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 312.9 miles away from the city center
On 1/21/1982 at 00:33:54, a magnitude 4.7 (4.5 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 311.6 miles away from Jasper center
On 5/4/2001 at 06:42:12, a magnitude 4.7 (4.2 MB, 4.7 LG, 4.5 LG, Depth: 6.2 mi) earthquake occurred 314.1 miles away from the city center
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML) earthquake occurred 422.9 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 294.8 miles away from Jasper center
On 3/25/1976 at 00:41:20, a magnitude 5.0 (4.9 MB, 5.0 LG) earthquake occurred 389.0 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Jasper County (20) is greater than the US average (13).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 12
Emergencies Declared: 7
Causes of natural disasters: Floods: 9, Storms: 9, Hurricanes: 6, Tornadoes: 5, Fires: 4, Winds: 2, Tropical Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: Red Bryant - Player of football, Chad Beck - Baseball player, Derick Armstrong - 2005 NFL player (Houston Texans, born: Apr 2, 1979), Joseph W. Ashy - General, Zack Bronson - 2005 NFL player (St. Louis Rams, born: Jan 28, 1974), Phil Hennigan - Baseball player, Buddy Ace - Blues singer, Eugene Seale - Football player, James Hadnot - Football player, John Davis (tight end) - Player of football.
Hospitals in Jasper:
- CHRISTUS JASPER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (Government - Hospital District or Authority, provides emergency services, 1275 MARVIN HANCOCK DRIVE)
- DICKERSON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (provides emergency services, 1001 DICKERSON DRIVE)
- LAKES AREA HOSPICE INC (254 ETHEL STREET)
- LAKES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (provides emergency services, 1001 DICKERSON DRIVE)
- WEST BAY HOUSE (46 WEST BAY)
Nursing Homes in Jasper:
- JASPER NURSING AND REHABILITATION LP (350 SPRINGHILL RD)
- RAYBURN HEALTH CARE AND REHABILITATION (144 BULLDOG AVENUE)
- TIMBERLAKE HEALTH AND REHABILITATION CENTER (315 W GIBSON)
Dialysis Facilities in Jasper:
- KIDNEY CENTER OF JASPER (930 MARVIN HANCOCK DRIVE)
- NEW CENTURY DIALYSIS CENTER OF JASPER (2014 S WHEELER STREET ,SUITE 300)
Home Health Centers in Jasper:
airports located in Jasper:
- Jasper County-Bell Field Airport (JAS) (Runways: 1, Itinerant Ops: 4,000, Local Ops: 12,000)
College/University in Jasper:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jasper:
- Angelina College (about 51 miles; Lufkin, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,478)
- Stephen F Austin State University (about 58 miles; Nacogdoches, TX; FT enrollment: 11,542)
- Lamar Institute of Technology (about 61 miles; Beaumont, TX; FT enrollment: 2,023)
- Lamar University (about 61 miles; Beaumont, TX; FT enrollment: 13,658)
- McNeese State University (about 70 miles; Lake Charles, LA; FT enrollment: 7,444)
- SOWELA Technical Community College (about 70 miles; Lake Charles, LA; FT enrollment: 2,160)
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana (about 79 miles; Natchitoches, LA; FT enrollment: 7,700)
Public high school in Jasper:
- JASPER H S (Students: 706, Location: 400 BULLDOG, Grades: 9-12)
Public elementary/middle schools in Jasper:
Private elementary/middle school in Jasper:
Notable locations in Jasper: Jasper County Sheriff's Office (A), Deep East Texas Council of Governments (B), Jasper Volunteer Fire Department Station 1 (C), Texas Forest Service Jasper Office (D), Blake-Beaty-Orton House (E). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Jasper include: Sand Hill Church (A), Lone Star Church (B), Wings of An Eagle Bible Fellowship Church (C), Nazarene Church (D), Moore Chapel Church (E), Church of Christ (F), Tanglewood Baptist Church (G), Peaceful Restaurant Baptist Church (H), Greater New Bethel Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Cole Springs Cemetery (1), Gilgal Cemetery (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lake: Flournoy Lake (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Creek: Coon Creek (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Parks in Jasper include: Kiwanis Park (1), Sandy Creek Park (2), Carridine Park (3). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Bella-Jim Hotel (160 North Austin Street), Budget Inn (Highway 190 East), Best Western Inn of Jasper (205 West Gibson), Belle-Jim Hotel - Guests (160 North Austin Street), Chateau Inn Motel Restaurant Club (612 West Gibson Street).
Court: Jasper County - Coordinator-District Court- Court Coordinator (121 North Austin Street).
(12.2% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 33.8% for Black residents, 55.0% for Hispanic or Latino residents)
|This city:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.1% of all households
People in group quarters in Jasper in 2010:
- 126 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 68 people in local jails and other municipal confinement facilities
- 45 people in other noninstitutional facilities
People in group quarters in Jasper in 2000:
- 590 people in state prisons
- 160 people in nursing homes
- 42 people in local jails and other confinement facilities (including police lockups)
- 2 people in other nonhousehold living situations
Banks with branches in Jasper (2011 data):
- First Bank & Trust East Texas: West Gibson Branch at 275 West Gibson, branch established on 2001/01/02; Jasper Branch at 204 East Lamar Street, branch established on 1937/10/28. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $800.8 mil, Deposits: $720.7 mil, headquarters in Diboll, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 18 total offices, Holding Company: Diboll State Bancshares, Inc.
- Compass Bank: Jasper Main Branch at 660 S Wheeler Street, branch established on 1974/01/01; Jasper Wal-Mart Branch at 800 West Gibson Street, branch established on 1994/10/19. Info updated 2011/02/24: Bank assets: $63,107.0 mil, Deposits: $46,232.4 mil, headquarters in Birmingham, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 720 total offices, Holding Company: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.
- CommunityBank of Texas, N.A.: Cb-Jasper Branch at 637 South Wheeler, branch established on 1994/08/15. Info updated 2009/11/17: Bank assets: $1,515.3 mil, Deposits: $1,309.1 mil, headquarters in Beaumont, TX, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 28 total offices, Holding Company: Cbfh, Inc.
- First National Bank of Jasper: First National Bank Of Jasper at 301 East Houston Street, branch established on 1960/02/06. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $222.2 mil, Deposits: $188.5 mil, local headquarters, positive income, 2 total offices, Holding Company: East Texas Bancshares, Inc.
- Sabine State Bank and Trust Company: Jasper Branch at 565 East Gibson Street, branch established on 2007/01/18. Info updated 2006/09/14: Bank assets: $683.7 mil, Deposits: $592.9 mil, headquarters in Many, LA, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 45 total offices, Holding Company: Sabine Bancshares, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%) in 2016
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2016
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Jasper city (based on Jasper County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Jasper County:||0.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.29 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jasper County:||0.87 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.11 / 10,000 pop.|
|Jasper County:||6.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.51 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
Health and Nutrition:
More about Health and Nutrition of Jasper, TX Residents
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||3||$19,009||$76,036||0||$0|
|Judicial and Legal||2||$5,422||$32,532||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||22||$86,346||$47,098||0||$0|
|Streets and Highways||7||$20,758||$35,585||0||$0|
|Solid Waste Management||6||$16,919||$33,838||0||$0|
|Parks and Recreation||1||$2,156||$25,872||0||$0|
|Other and Unallocable||33||$95,623||$34,772||1||$1,156|
|Totals for Government||113||$380,422||$40,399||4||$4,697|
Jasper government finances - Expenditure in 2002 (per resident):
- Construction - Solid Waste Management: $87,000 ($11.39)
Financial Administration: $9,000 ($1.18)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $8,858,000 ($1159.88)
Police Protection: $1,183,000 ($154.90)
Solid Waste Management: $988,000 ($129.37)
Sewerage: $537,000 ($70.32)
Water Utilities: $533,000 ($69.79)
Central Staff Services: $363,000 ($47.53)
Financial Administration: $318,000 ($41.64)
Regular Highways: $278,000 ($36.40)
Parks & Recreation: $228,000 ($29.85)
Fire Protection: $220,000 ($28.81)
Libraries: $180,000 ($23.57)
Judicial and Legal Services: $161,000 ($21.08)
General - Other: $144,000 ($18.86)
General Public Buildings: $135,000 ($17.68)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $112,000 ($14.67)
- General - Interest on Debt: $517,000 ($67.70)
- Other Capital Outlay - Solid Waste Management: $739,000 ($96.77)
General - Other: $177,000 ($23.18)
Police Protection: $77,000 ($10.08)
Libraries: $48,000 ($6.29)
Central Staff: $28,000 ($3.67)
Fire Protection: $26,000 ($3.40)
Parks & Recreation: $6,000 ($0.79)
General Public Building: $4,000 ($0.52)
Judicial: $2,000 ($0.26)
- Total Salaries & Wages: $3,083,000 ($403.69)
Jasper government finances - Revenue in 2002 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $1,071,000 ($140.24)
Sewerage: $746,000 ($97.68)
All Other: $298,000 ($39.02)
- Local Intergovernmental - Education: $10,000 ($1.31)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $563,000 ($73.72)
Interest Earnings: $42,000 ($5.50)
Rents: $25,000 ($3.27)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $9,075,000 ($1188.29)
Water Utilities: $1,015,000 ($132.91)
- State Intergovernmental - Education: $33,000 ($4.32)
- Tax - Total General Sales: $2,258,000 ($295.67)
Property: $281,000 ($36.79)
Other Selective Sales: $161,000 ($21.08)
Public Utilities: $154,000 ($20.16)
NEC: $26,000 ($3.40)
Jasper government finances - Debt in 2002 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding, NEC: $8,610,000 ($1127.41)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding - Full Faith & Credit - Other, NEC: $7,545,000 ($987.95)
- Long Term Debt Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Other, NEC: $500,000 ($65.47)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified - Other, NEC: $565,000 ($73.98)
Jasper government finances - Cash and Securities in 2002 (per resident):
- Bond Fund - Cash & Deposits: $1,336,000 ($174.94)
- Other Funds - Cash & Deposits: $4,512,000 ($590.81)
- Sinking Fund - Cash & Deposits: $409,000 ($53.56)
7.70% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($35,589 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Jefferson County, TX||1.03% ($34,403 average AGI)|
|from Hardin County, TX||0.83% ($34,042)|
|from Harris County, TX||0.67% ($24,662)|
6.82% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($37,810 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Jasper:
- KTXJ (1350 AM; 5 kW; JASPER, TX; Owner: LASTING VALUE RADIO, INC.)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KEEL (710 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWKH (1130 AM; 50 kW; SHREVEPORT, LA; Owner: CITICASTERS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KLVI (560 AM; 5 kW; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KILE (1560 AM; 50 kW; BELLAIRE, TX; Owner: THE RAFTT CORPORATION)
- KSML (1260 AM; 5 kW; DIBOLL, TX; Owner: KASA FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KJOJ (880 AM; 10 kW; CONROE, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KETX (1440 AM; 5 kW; LIVINGSTON, TX; Owner: LONE STAR NETWORK)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in Jasper:
- K225AD (92.9 FM; JASPER, TX; Owner: THE KSBJ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- KJAS (107.3 FM; JASPER, TX; Owner: JAMES M. LOUT DBA RAYBURN BROADCASTING CO.)
- KWYX (102.7 FM; JASPER, TX; Owner: LASTING VALUE RADIO, INC.)
- KRWP (97.5 FM; BEAUMONT, TX; Owner: CUMULUS LICENSING CORP.)
- KIOC (106.1 FM; ORANGE, TX; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KNUF (92.1 FM; DE RIDDER, LA; Owner: APEX BROADCASTING, INC.)
- K210CS (89.9 FM; JASPER, TX; Owner: KVLU - LAMAR UNIVERSITY)
TV broadcast stations around Jasper:
- KVHP-LP (Channel 66; JASPER, TX; Owner: SYDCOM, INC.)
- KVHP (Channel 29; LAKE CHARLES, LA; Owner: NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 40m131ftTotal length
- $220,000Total costs
- 82,190Total average daily traffic
- 13,499Total average daily truck traffic
- 112,960Total future (year 2032) average daily traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Antenna Towers: 186 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers in Jasper, TX)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers: 15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers: 1 (See the full list of FCC Registered Broadcast Land Mobile Towers)
FCC Registered Microwave Towers: 20 (See the full list of FCC Registered Microwave Towers in this town)
FCC Registered Paging Towers: 5 (See the full list of FCC Registered Paging Towers)
FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers: 3 (See the full list of FCC Registered Maritime Coast & Aviation Ground Towers)
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses: 57 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in Jasper)
FAA Registered Aircraft: 36 (See the full list of FAA Registered Aircraft in Jasper)
Drinking water stations with addresses in Jasper and their reported violations in the past:USCOE HANKS CREEK PARK (Population served: 183, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- One minor monitoring violation
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 290
- Hazardous Condition: 48
- Good Intent Call: 4
Incident types - Jasper
Fire-safe hotels and motels in Jasper, Texas:
- Super 8 Motel, 2100 N Wheeler, Jasper, Texas 75951 , Phone: (409) 384-8600, Fax: (409) 384-8608
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 501 W Gibson St, Jasper, Texas 75951 , Phone: (409) 384-8400, Fax: (409) 384-9551
- Econo Lodge, 612 W Gibson St, Jasper, Texas 75951 , Phone: (409) 384-2511, Fax: (409) 384-3503
|Most common first names in Jasper, TX among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Jasper, TX among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (65%)
- Utility gas (32%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (2%)
|Businesses in Jasper, TX|
|AT&T||1||Little Caesars Pizza||1|
|Dairy Queen||1||SONIC Drive-In||1|
|Jack In The Box||1||Walmart||1|
Jasper compared to Texas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value below state average.
- Unemployed percentage below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Jasper on our top lists:
- #35 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #54 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in industries: Other services, except public administration (population 5,000+)"
- #56 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most people below 50% of the poverty level, excluding cities with 15% or more of residents in college and with the median age below 28 (population 5,000+)"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest number of rapes per 100,000 residents, excludes tourist destinations and others with a lot of outsiders visiting based on city industries data (population 5,000+)"
- #92 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the most residents born in Ethiopia (population 500+)"
Total of 1 patent application in 2008-2018.