Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 11:28 AM

638 posts, read 569,447 times

Advertisements

https://patch.com/texas/dallas-ftwor...dly-city-texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 12:31 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,747 posts, read 58,102,528 times
They should have ventured OUTSIDE the TX CITIES to find even more Christmas Spirit...(and generosity)

https://www.tripsavvy.com/texas-hill...-trail-1656925
Hill Country Christmas Lighting Trail
8 Must-see Texas Hill Country Holiday Light Trails

These small places have excellent holiday hospitality and community support / benefits to TX populace. (and visitors)

Old 12-19-2017, 01:06 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,352,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
The fact that google searches were involved tells me all I need to know.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:10 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Do you mean, friendly to the celebration of what they see as a Christian holiday? Some people in north Texas are very antagonistic about Christmas. If there is a high influx of immigrants from countries where Christianity is a minority faith, they tend to get upset about anything they see as Christmas-ey, including things that aren't really religious necessarily like Santa Claus, the Nutcracker ballet, people wearing red and green, etc.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:36 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,244,298 times
I used to see that in Houston a lot a few years ago but since the presidential election that attitude and arrogance has actually toned down quite a bit. A bit of it has left the country too. I personally don’t really care all that much because the militant Merry Christmas people are equally as annoying.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:58 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,653,691 times
My 'fundamental' Christian niece is the worst about Christmas. Most of the non-Christians I know don't really give a flip.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:40 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Its so funny that people are like "Donald Trump is president! We can say Merry Christmas again!!!". What a load of BS.

I grew up in liberal California and people said it all the time out there and still do. Same goes in Texas. Im not a Christian, but I dont care if you tell me Merry Christmas. Non-Christians very rarely care and the ones that do are morons. Then you have the people who go into conniptions if you say "happy holidays", they are equally if not more stupid.

The idea that Christianity and Christmas are somehow being targeted is ridiculous. When you cant go to church because the government bulldozed it, get back to me.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:31 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,581,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Do you mean, friendly to the celebration of what they see as a Christian holiday? Some people in north Texas are very antagonistic about Christmas. If there is a high influx of immigrants from countries where Christianity is a minority faith, they tend to get upset about anything they see as Christmas-ey, including things that aren't really religious necessarily like Santa Claus, the Nutcracker ballet, people wearing red and green, etc.
BS, I'm absolutely calling BS. Basically every non-Christian I know (mostly Hindu and Muslim people from Texas) celebrates Christmas. The Jewish people I know don't celebrate it, but they don't give a flip if you say Merry Christmas and are happy to answer questions about Hanukkah. The "war on Christmas" nonsense is used to rile up a voter base of sheltered people who don't know any better.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:20 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
BS, I'm absolutely calling BS. Basically every non-Christian I know (mostly Hindu and Muslim people from Texas) celebrates Christmas. The Jewish people I know don't celebrate it, but they don't give a flip if you say Merry Christmas and are happy to answer questions about Hanukkah. The "war on Christmas" nonsense is used to rile up a voter base of sheltered people who don't know any better.
I concur.

Im openly hostile to organized religion but if someone tells me Merry Christmas, I dont take as anything other than a well wish.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:38 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,795,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post

The idea that Christianity and Christmas are somehow being targeted is ridiculous. When you cant go to church because the government bulldozed it, get back to me.
But if you point out that the Bible says gay sex is a sin you become a social pariah. In fact, some people will hate you if you do anything aside from speaking in favor of homosexuality. I would say there is a considerable amount of persecution that Christians are made to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas