Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 PM

180 posts, read 341,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeTheRustBelt View Post
Yeah, what a pity Toledo can't charge $16 an hour for parking. I grew up in Chicagoland, I'll take getting around and parking in Toledo the way it is now, thank you very much.

And, uh, walking 7 or 8 blocks is a different business in Toledo's climate than in Orlando's, at least for about 75 percent of the year.
Sorry, the parking rate portion of my rant wasn't so much saying parking rates should go up, as much as saying a solution to parking is more difficult to find than in a bigger city. Ie, it's an easy fix in a big city where you can make a fortune from it.

And you're absolutely right about the weather for part of the year, but we don't play baseball in the dead of winter. That's when I hear the most complaining, that people don't want to have to park in the lots that are two blocks from 5/3rd.

Last edited by Johio83; 01-19-2011 at 11:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM

180 posts, read 341,610 times
Maybe I should just start a new thread for this and stop hijacking this one, but just to expound upon that parking issue a little more...
Since the city seems pretty fond of giving out huge chunks of change for people to renovate buildings around downtown, maybe they could rework their budget a little bit. Maybe instead of handing money over to developers, who aren't putting up any of their own money anyway, they could put some money towards a parking garage or two. One area I think will require one in the very near future is near Bartley/Berdan. That'll have something like 200 units between the two locations when Berdan is built out. That's a heck of a lot of parking they're going to need to provide. I'm praying there are plans for a parking garage around there soon, because if not, there are going to have to be some serious "renovations" (read "demolish buildings to create surface lots") in the immediate area.
(And to provide another disclaimer, I'm all for helping development happen, but it gets a little ridiculous when the person doing the work is only willing to put up 1/20th of the funds for it, when they're the one who will be making the profit at the end.)

Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 AM

896 posts, read 1,853,830 times
With some of those large buildings in that area, its possible to create indoor parking, at least enough for the tenants of those buildings. The Bartley Lofts already has its own indoor parking. I agree though. If they could find a good, out of the way spot for one, I think they should build a parking structure sometime soon around there. More and more people are going down there. Surface lots are not an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo