Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:25 AM

271 posts, read 532,419 times

Advertisements

It's a crime prevention technique, not a crime solving technique.

The reality that people need to face is that people who look a certain way and subscribe to modern black culture-- this includes white guys and Asians-- are committing the bulk of the crime in this city. If you make it uncomfortable for these people to exist in their criminal underground, crime will go down. No one will be carrying weapons if police are allowed to stop and frisk and illegal gun possession gets you 25 years. If you want to prevent crime, you need to start picking out the people who are more likely to be committing crime. Don't want to get stopped by police? Don't roll up with three of your boys wearing du rags on a street corner and eyefk people. That's not normal behavior and that will and should get you stopped, no matter where you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,047,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcosby View Post
Heads, meet sand.
Ah yes. Aurora, Colorado: white shooter, mostly white victims, and yet right-minded white people need not be concerned about violent crime. And all they were doing was watching a friggin' movie.

Who is it that has one's head buried in the sand?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 AM

Block party on Danzig = knew there'd be trouble
Kids going to a movie theatre in suburban Denver = zero expectation of trouble

I'm not going to stop eating in a restaurant because the remote possibility of some guy coming in and robbing us all and killing us exists. But I am going to point fingers at a community that claims to abhor the frequent violence it's plagued with, yet continues to do nothing about the internal root causes. One can be predicted, the other cannot.

Freak violent incidents versus perpetual cycle of violence. Which one can you predict?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Don't want to get stopped by police? Don't roll up with three of your boys wearing du rags on a street corner and eyefk people. That's not normal behavior and that will and should get you stopped, no matter where you are.
As if everybody the police stops to check out is dressed or acting like this. I know people who looked like Carlton from the Fresh Prince and were walking with science books under their arm who would get stopped by the cops for ''routine checks''.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:44 AM

As if white people don't ever get stopped for routine checks either. Hang out on Richmond St on a Saturday and see who gets pulled over.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:

The reality that people need to face is that people who look a certain way and subscribe to modern black culture-- this includes white guys and Asians-- are committing the bulk of the crime in this city. If you make it uncomfortable for these people to exist in their criminal underground, crime will go down. No one will be carrying weapons if police are allowed to stop and frisk and illegal gun possession gets you 25 years. If you want to prevent crime, you need to start picking out the people who are more likely to be committing crime. .
Except that none of this will ever lead to one of the most critical elements for success: for the community in question to have a healthy relationship with the police and law enforcement.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 AM

The community in question doesn't have a healthy relationship with anyone, not even amongst themselves, and has absolutely zero interest in changing that.

Again, heads, meet sand.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
As if white people don't ever get stopped for routine checks either. Hang out on Richmond St on a Saturday and see who gets pulled over.
I am what you could call a white guy and closing in on four decades on this planet and I have never been stopped by police for a routine check except for RIDE-type checkpoints. From the ages of about 16 to 30 I did plenty of late night partying followed by walking around or driving all over Canada, the US, Europe and beyond. I also worked nights for several years which required me to drive or walk home through districts that were party central or hooker central at 2 or 3 am. And yet still no police officer ever asked me for my ID just out of the blue.

I have had this discussion with my friends and pretty much all of my white friends say the same, whereas my black and arab friends all report having being checked out on occasion (some more than others).

Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:

The reality that people need to face is that people who look a certain way and subscribe to modern black culture-- this includes white guys and Asians-- are committing the bulk of the crime in this city. If you make it uncomfortable for these people to exist in their criminal underground, crime will go down. No one will be carrying weapons if police are allowed to stop and frisk and illegal gun possession gets you 25 years. If you want to prevent crime, you need to start picking out the people who are more likely to be committing crime. Don't want to get stopped by police? Don't roll up with three of your boys wearing du rags on a street corner and eyefk people. That's not normal behavior and that will and should get you stopped, no matter where you are.
Then explain this. How do you explain Blacks who DON'T exhibit those behaviors getting pulled over for no apparent reason?

Old 07-20-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
The community in question doesn't have a healthy relationship with anyone, not even amongst themselves, and has absolutely zero interest in changing that.

Again, heads, meet sand.
sarcasm on

Then certain nations of the world must have sent all of their bad apples to Toronto since they seem to have done OK in a few other places they have settled...

sarcasm off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto