Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 12:04 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times

Advertisements

All the gun manufacturers make their "semi-automatic" weapons easily converted into automatic weapons. I suspect you can even find a U-Tube demonstration on how to do this. If you allow a manufacturor to do that, then you have in effect authorized the sale and ownership (privately) of the same.

NOW, hold the manufacturor responsible for any deaths that occur when one of its weapons is converted to automatic----that would result in creation of weapons that would have to be altered so radically that they could no longer be recognized as from that manufacturor. And don't kid yourself, they know exactly how to make that happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 12:11 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
You're wrong.

Your way of thinking is irrational

And the only answer is to eventually ban guns.

i'll never take any of your arguments seriously

your way of thinking is flawed from scratch

the statistics that you have use in this thread all over again is screwed, useless

Gun control works, no question about that.
I can't help but notice that while you claim my statistics are useless and my logic is flawed, you give absolutely nothing to back up your last claim that gun control works.

Methinks you have a problem facing reality.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
All the gun manufacturers make their "semi-automatic" weapons easily converted into automatic weapons. I suspect you can even find a U-Tube demonstration on how to do this. If you allow a manufacturor to do that, then you have in effect authorized the sale and ownership (privately) of the same.

NOW, hold the manufacturor responsible for any deaths that occur when one of its weapons is converted to automatic----that would result in creation of weapons that would have to be altered so radically that they could no longer be recognized as from that manufacturor. And don't kid yourself, they know exactly how to make that happen.
There's no evidence that the shooter in CT's Bushmaster was converted to full-auto.

I don't even see where that would have made any difference. Semi-autos kill just as effectively.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
I can't help but notice that while you claim my statistics are useless and my logic is flawed, you give absolutely nothing to back up your last claim that gun control works.

Methinks you have a problem facing reality.
Thank you for all the hard work done copying, pasting and quoting me.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

It's the time to return back to normal.
50 years ago the USA had practically NO gun laws at all.

50 years ago we didn't have people going on shooting sprees.

But somehow you blame the GUNS for the change?

Old 12-18-2012, 12:39 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,746 times
I blame Call of Duty and violent movies. Clearly they're the real problem here.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Newtown CT, kids and teachers shot dead by a kid with his Mother's guns. How ironic that she was killed by a gun that SHE bought.

How can they change this idiotic situation ?

Is there any hope for that country ?

I spent 30 years in the CF, in the military Police, so I was armed every day that I was on duty. BUT I have no need for a gun at home, and I can't see why any one needs one in Canada, except perhaps for hunters.

Are you thinking about not travelling to the USA ? I am.

Jim b

Toronto.
Almost all the mass murders in the USA, are the product of perpetrators who are mentally-ill. And that can happen in any country.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
There's a lot of people acting butthurt about which countries they happened to be born in, in this thread.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:12 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Almost all the mass murders in the USA, are the product of perpetrators who are mentally-ill. And that can happen in any country.
But it does NOT happen in any other country in THAT MULTITUDE. And I'm not talking in absolute, but in relative terms. The US clearly stands out.

In addition, mass murders is only a drop in the overall level of gun related crimes in America.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I blame Call of Duty and violent movies. Clearly they're the real problem here.
The only problem with Call of Duty is that you get spawn killed ever minute. I used to play Call of Duty, GTA all the time and i dont have any problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto