Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 06:47 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I don't think I said anywhere that Canada isn't worth visiting. I said it isn't part of a normal conversation in a public place in America, and it just isn't. I happen to live around 4 1/2 hours from our northern border. I've been in Canada maybe 5 times in my 77 years of life. I don't have anything against Canada or Canadians. They just aren't much involved with my life. I assure you, when I was there, I tried to be polite and respectful as any visitor should be when visiting some place. I'm not going to say most people were rude, although one definitely was rude to the extreme, but they were not especially friendly or welcoming, and there was not the customary sort of social interaction I am used to seeing.

There were, however, unfriendly comments about America and Americans in those interactions. I found that beyond bizarre. We don't talk about you Canadians like that down here, and frankly, I've never seen anybody be unfriendly to you guys. We see a lot more of you than you might think since a lot of you seem to winter over in or southern climates.
I VERY rarely have come across unfriendly citizens when I travel to the US, and we've done our fair share. They are no more rude than most other country's citizens, and quite often, nicer.

I have run across US visitors to Canada who can be overbearing or braggards, comparing what they have better (whatever) than what we have.

Maybe they think they are being patriotic to their country, but I find it obnoxious when one toots one's horn too much.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto