Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 04:25 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstickjunkie View Post
Sorry but thats creepy, I don't want a strange man groping me and my sister went to Italy alone and advised me never to go, apparently the men are extremely aggressive which your posts correlates with.
I have travelled to many places including Italy and I swear men go above and beyond to try to flirt with tourists because they know you are there to have a good time and will not be around forever so they can be very forward and will likely not have to deal with any consequences. They often tone it down a little with local women because there are more likely consequences aka like her parents/family or other local people in the community kicking his a!! for trying to pull any non-sense with her. This is one of the annoying realities of travelling as a woman. This does not mean all men in the country are like this to the same extent, just the ones that are up to no good. As another rule of thumb is to be weary of the men that do not speak English as a first language, could not string a normal sentences in English together logically, but can figure out the words needed to try and pick up a women a lot better. There are those types all over the world.

Last edited by klmrocks; 11-01-2015 at 04:41 PM..

Old 11-01-2015, 08:59 PM

800 posts, read 730,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
This initial conversation has interestingly enough turned in to so much more. I find it really funny in a sad way that the married and single people responding to this initial post are forgetting about the LOVE factor. Okay when you LOVE someone you are bound to get hurt to some extend as people are human and do make mistakes (by the way I am not talking about cheating as that for me is marriage ender). But WOW despite all my words encouraging women to be careful about being able to stay strong without someone I would NEVER advise someone to stop pursing the idea of finding LOVE (not lust.... so not the same thing).

Have any of you ever been in LOVE (like madly, wildly and completely consumed with someone else other then yourself?). If you have then you would know there is no more exciting and wonderful thing. There is no better drug or reward then being in LOVE with someone. I am just starting to wondering if some of you are just too scared to fall on your butts to submit to that sort of idea. I have been in love more then once and is it really painful when a relationship with someone you LOVE ends though choice or death, but in the end it is still usually always worth it. I am still in love with someone even though we might fight about almost everything and hardly see eye to eye on most things. The people that are closest to you do not have to cater to your every whim or you to their every whim. For me this is the problem with local men and women in this city... being indecisive and too scared to take a chance on the idea of being with ONE person forever or as long as possible. Too many people in this city are far to self involved and do not realize that being part of a life team is so much more meaningful. Being married to your job is a joke. Are you are too foolish to realized that yet? In your career/ job you are only as good as your first mistake and then you will be out on your butt. Your job or work friends will long forget you when they have their own personal lives to deal with and you no longer work with them. Get real. Your partner, friends and family are the only people likely to actually care what happens to you.

I am married (aka not single), but do not like the married title defining me because for some crazy reason people assume once a woman is married she disappears behind her husband and children, but that is just not who I am). This conversation interests me because I always wonder why people in the city take so bloody long to decide to get married to someone. There is a lack of passion ... and a huge amount of fear and self absorption. I was in a relationship with someone in this city for 3 bloody years, both knew each other's family members and spent a lot of time around each other's family members... the idea of marriage was never actually talked about and as soon as it starting to become more of a acceptably possibility the punk spit. There was this huge fear of actually being committed for real.

I have friends that literally dated someone for 10 years before getting engaged then married. Then spent 2 years saving up for a wedding to impress people that could not even stop talking during their speeches. That is the most unromantic sad situation I can think of. There are no 100% in life, you need to take chances. I met someone not from here. We hit off and instead of jerking around with me for a decade he put the cards on the table around 6 months in to the relationship and asked me to marry him. We were young and had next to nothing of our own at the moment, but we went for it. This is romance ... not people playing around with other people's hearts and intentions and being a little chicken s*** baby. You like her, she likes you ... go for it, work together and your probably make it work if you continue to try to take care of each other. You can plan things for years and years and it still might not work out. Take a chance and stop being such a chicken. Marriage is nothing but boring unless you are a boring person. As you change that person is changing and you do not have to hold hands and be doing every single thing together unless you want to. Nothing in life stands still for too long. I am not saying all single people are doomed and you must be with someone else to be complete. What I am staying is that if LOVE (rather then lust) is such a bad things there would not be millions of songs, poems, movies and stories talking about it. It might not work out, you might die tomorrow... what the heck are you waiting for... life if happening now! Aim higher then just a quick bang. There is so much more to relationships that is great.
Dude I don't think you understand op. She doesn't care for long term relationships. This is pretty much a why is it so hard to hook up on toronto. I think it's cuz most people think like you. And very few think like anna. Women are lookin for love and so are men. And it's clear as day that it's hard to hook up on toronto because both parties are simply not looking for it. For anna I think her standards are simply too high. Or toronto society doesn't breed the type of men she wants.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,721,454 times
Default I probably don't get it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post
Dude I don't think you understand op. She doesn't care for long term relationships. This is pretty much a why is it so hard to hook up on toronto. I think it's cuz most people think like you. And very few think like anna. Women are lookin for love and so are men. And it's clear as day that it's hard to hook up on toronto because both parties are simply not looking for it. For anna I think her standards are simply too high. Or toronto society doesn't breed the type of men she wants.
You know what I probably don't get it because I know better lol. Sex is sex. It can be great, okay or bad. If you have had real mind blowing LOVE you do not want to ever settle for just a bang type experience. There is something insanely special about having a deep connection to someone else. It actually makes me feel sorry for anyone who has not had this type of experience. It is scary and over powering. It makes everything else around you disappear. It is all consuming and crazy. It makes you do crazy stuff that the world around you just can't understand. When you have had a taste of that who the heck wants to settle for a random hook up. So I guess based on my own experiences ... no I probably don't get why someone would settle for a sh**ty random hook up when there is something a billion times better possible. I cannot help think that people who are just looking for random hook ups are either significantly emotionally scared, lack any emotional depth or have just not been able to connect with anyone deeply enough to know how mind blowingly amazing it is to be in LOVE!

Old 11-02-2015, 12:25 AM

178 posts, read 523,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstickjunkie View Post
I'm 25 and trust me it isn't any better for us! I don't have the world experience you do (haven't travelled much) but even going to the Montreal and US is like night and day lol. You are right in saying that guys here have almost 0 game, boring and I'll add extremely entitled. I am not as open to sex as most are and am labelled "stuck up" here. Why because I actually want to get to know you first? Everyone has a different preference! If you are more open then fine but not everyone is.

Online dating is horrible too, I agree a bunch of "heys" and "whats up" 10 seconds later asking you something you clearly addressed in your bio (ie they didnt even bother to read it) Plus a bunch of older men messaging you, the guys here are right in that older men really do think they're entitled to a younger girl. Even with an age limit they still try and reach out to you, who wants to date someone there fathers age?! Is there some kind of lie being sold on the internet that makes these older men think young women are into them

My piece of advice is move if you are able (I wish I could!!!). Also, my sister is 32 and dating and she is doing the chasing. She said she is suprised how some boring guys opened up once you are very clear/direct. Maybe you could try that? I know it sucks (I don't like doing it) but maybe putting more effort might help them open up a bit more lol
I dont understand the complening about the "hey" and "whats up" and this expectation that online dating should be a reading session. If a nice / good looking guy just says "hey" why not continue talking to him? And maybe organize to meet up a week later?

If you met that guy on the street surely you wouldn't make him read a novel about you?

Why make everything so complicated? Are people's lives not complicated enough as it is??

Old 11-02-2015, 04:13 AM

Quote:
You know what I probably don't get it because I know better lol. Sex is sex. It can be great, okay or bad. If you have had real mind blowing LOVE you do not want to ever settle for just a bang type experience. There is something insanely special about having a deep connection to someone else. It actually makes me feel sorry for anyone who has not had this type of experience. It is scary and over powering. It makes everything else around you disappear. It is all consuming and crazy. It makes you do crazy stuff that the world around you just can't understand. When you have had a taste of that who the heck wants to settle for a random hook up. So I guess based on my own experiences ... no I probably don't get why someone would settle for a sh**ty random hook up when there is something a billion times better possible. I cannot help think that people who are just looking for random hook ups are either significantly emotionally scared, lack any emotional depth or have just not been able to connect with anyone deeply enough to know how mind blowingly amazing it is to be in LOVE!
Ok that's your experience and what you want. But you are blatantly ignoring how some people just want to randomly hook up. That is what this thread is about. Not finding love. This is about how this city sucks for hooking up. And you do know random hook ups can lead to long term relationships right?

And in your experience random hooking up is shotty but I am willing to bet you have barely done it. Maybe it's not worth it if you have something special. But to say is shotty pretty shows that you definitely lack a number of sexual partners. If you are happy being monogamous fine. That is you. You pretty much the opposite of what op made the thread about and are preaching to the wrong person. She wants to fool around and not looking for love.

And everything you said about love can be said for good sex. Good sex makes people do stupid things. Throw away long term relationships, careers. Because they are feeling for that sex.

I think you are being extremely closed minded on this issue and I believe it is the case of most of toronto. Which is why many people prefer to go to other places to meet people.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:21 AM

299 posts, read 316,403 times
Quote:

This is extremely patronizing, judgmental and narrow minded. People are different and we look for different things. I was in love before, I got married when I was young, I was engaged after once too so I have experienced relationships and it's simply not for me. I'm not saying definite no but I'm way too busy and I move around a lot to be looking for love in Toronto. But yeah sure, sum me up as "emotionally scared" because I don't follow your life choices.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:17 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Give it up klmrocks; you're attempting the impossible. You are expecting the ability to discuss 'duality' with narcissists. The personality trait and concept of inclusiveness are mutually exclusive.

Attempting to engage those who cannot relate without facing a mirror is fraught with frustration. They will not attribute relevance to anything you type if they cannot see their own lips moving while reading it.

Why put yourself through that?

Old 11-02-2015, 08:18 AM

112 posts, read 141,311 times
Its frustrating how women in Toronto always want things their way, they are self-centered and rude and abrasive at times, so i'd rather go overseas where women are warm and easy to men. The women here in Toronto that i have met were absolutely boring and very emotionally depressed types, girls here are about the looks thats it, even if you have money, still girls are more about the looks, so to answer your question why guys are like this? Well they must have given up on trying to impress and initiate with women here who are obviously tough to get at and they would rather find love overseas. Long distance relationships are increasingly rising here so more people are engaging from outside this place. I find Toronto people also socially awkward and to me that is to blame for why both men and women have trouble to connect and interact due to the lack of experience of being in a non-awkward more meaningful conversation, it is something that people here need to work on. The level of shyness and insecurity is incredible here.

Last edited by ShawnAzizboii; 11-02-2015 at 08:34 AM..

Old 11-02-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Give it up klmrocks; you're attempting the impossible. You are expecting the ability to discuss 'duality' with narcissists. The personality trait and concept of inclusiveness are mutually exclusive.

Attempting to engage those who cannot relate without facing a mirror is fraught with frustration. They will not attribute relevance to anything you type if they cannot see their own lips moving while reading it.

Do you always do this when people disagree with you?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:13 AM

299 posts, read 316,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

You are calling me a narcissist because I don't want a relationship and just want to have fun?

You know you are confirming everything I have so far said about Torontonians, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto