Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times

Advertisements

There is still a lot we don't know about the shooter. I think the authorities have the obligation to be open and give us answers and not play down any possible religious ties this terrorist might have had. If that was our sisters or daughter that got gunned down we would want answers. Honest answers. I can't even imagine what the families of the victims are going through. That is where our allegiance should be, with the victims and not with any religion. We see muslims involved with more and more of these acts , I think it is perfectly fair for society to question them.

There is still a lot we don't know. Where did he get the gun? Where did he learn how to shoot? What were they preaching at his local mosque? These are all questions that need to be answered. IMHO.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 AM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
I do not have a Canadian mentality I’m just canadian because I was born here. Just putting that out there.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:01 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
There is still a lot we don't know about the shooter. I think the authorities have the obligation to be open and give us answers and not play down any possible religious ties this terrorist might have had. If that was our sisters or daughter that got gunned down we would want answers. Honest answers. I can't even imagine what the families of the victims are going through. That is where our allegiance should be, with the victims and not with any religion. We see muslims involved with more and more of these acts , I think it is perfectly fair for society to question them.

There is still a lot we don't know. Where did he get the gun? Where did he learn how to shoot? What were they preaching at his local mosque? These are all questions that need to be answered. IMHO.
As usual I agree with you. There is information circulating in some media outlets (but not all) that he surfed on ISIS and other extremist web sites and also may have sojourned in Afghanistan and Pakistan. He was of Pakistani origin, so that might make sense, but did he have Afghan family roots too? If not, what was he doing there?

Generally speaking, I don't understand the eagerness on the part of some of the media and some people, to "spare" ISIS from scorn and condemnation in instances like this.

I mean, even if we got it wrong and this guy had nothing to do with ISIS or was just a wanna-be, what are we gonna do? Apologize to ISIS for hurting their feelings?

Old 07-25-2018, 07:03 AM

800 posts, read 729,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
As usual I agree with you. There is information circulating in some media outlets (but not all) that he surfed on ISIS and other extremist web sites and also may have sojourned in Afghanistan and Pakistan. He was of Pakistani origin, so that might make sense, but did he have Afghan family roots too? If not, what was he doing there?

Generally speaking, I don't understand the eagerness on the part of some of the media and some people, to "spare" ISIS from scorn and condemnation in instances like this.

I mean, even if we got it wrong and this guy had nothing to do with ISIS or was just a wanna-be, what are we gonna do? Apologize to ISIS for hurting their feelings?
Well that is the Canadian thing to do. It is what it is. Just don’t condemn me for having a different view and doing what I deem necessary for myself and my family.

These events and reactions are eerily similar to me but on a bigger scale. I learned long ago not to trust authorities here. I don’t care if I’m labelled a vigilante. Sounds like a much better story anyway

Old 07-25-2018, 07:27 AM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

Here's an interesting discussion on the subect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVl3BJoEoAU

Old 07-25-2018, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 1,348 times
He shot that 18 year old girl as she fell down trying to run away in the head execution style. The media is leaving that little “detail” out. They’re making it seem as though it was just a spray of bullets by a “crazy man” instead of deliberate murder of a man in his right mind.

He also screamed Arabic stuff relating to “Allah” out that citytv news “muted” in the video that was released to the public. If you want the unedited version go to liveleak or another site. Again, the media doesn’t want backlash against Muslims so they’re trying hard on the “mental illness” thing. But you know what? I don’t think many are buying it. Not this time.

As someone else said there is the possibility of us being under attack, in the last few weeks there has been several terrorist warnings and things kept behind the scenes. They do NOT want public hysteria so they won’t say it. But there is a possibility. I don’t think our authorities even know how to deal with anymore or at all. I wish they’d just be honest though...

Old 07-25-2018, 08:04 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default ..........

Quote:

Mod cut.
Anytime someone comments violent acts like these people want to know why.
There are all sorts of possibilities why.
However creating hysteria does not benefit anyone.
It will just spark more violence.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-25-2018 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:40 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpchedder View Post
He shot that 18 year old girl as she fell down trying to run away in the head execution style. The media is leaving that little “detail” out. They’re making it seem as though it was just a spray of bullets by a “crazy man” instead of deliberate murder of a man in his right mind.

He also screamed Arabic stuff relating to “Allah” out that citytv news “muted” in the video that was released to the public. If you want the unedited version go to liveleak or another site. Again, the media doesn’t want backlash against Muslims so they’re trying hard on the “mental illness” thing. But you know what? I don’t think many are buying it. Not this time.

As someone else said there is the possibility of us being under attack, in the last few weeks there has been several terrorist warnings and things kept behind the scenes. They do NOT want public hysteria so they won’t say it. But there is a possibility. I don’t think our authorities even know how to deal with anymore or at all. I wish they’d just be honest though...
We all want some honesty. There is something seriously wrong going on here. Another thing that shocks me is how utterly cold and indifferent some people on here are towards the victims. It seems like some people seem more worried about being sympathetic to the shooter and his religion. I could care less about the shooters feelings or muslims feelings right now. WE WANT ANSWERS!!

Old 07-25-2018, 10:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
We all want some honesty. There is something seriously wrong going on here. Another thing that shocks me is how utterly cold and indifferent some people on here are towards the victims. It seems like some people seem more worried about being sympathetic to the shooter and his religion. I could care less about the shooters feelings or muslims feelings right now. WE WANT ANSWERS!!
Sine the very first post, this thread has not been about the victims but about conspiracy theories and mass dis-information supposedly taking place by all levels of authority.

No one has implied "sympathy" for the shooter. Most are suggesting he is of record as having a serious mental illness and also waiting for the facts to emerge as they are verified by the investigation.

It seems strange that a terrible event such as this has to have some underlying cause to satisfy some, even moreso if it can be occasioned to inject a little hysteria and bigotry into the mix.

It ceased being about the victims from the first post onwards.

This will play out as the facts are gathered by those responsible for investigating. We will be told what is within reasonable bounds of common sense to be informed of. More information will be coming, of that I'm positive.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default .....

Quote:
Seriously

Creating hysteria is no way to pay tribute to the victims.
People like myself need to be able to walk down that street.

Bad stuff happens too often and is never okay.

But what can we do?

Not leave our homes?

Start hating everyone?

Our police are doing their jobs. I am a super impatient person too.... but I respect them not jumping to conclusions and doing what they didwith the van attacking.... looking for facts before talking nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto