Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:01 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Sine the very first post, this thread has not been about the victims but about conspiracy theories and mass dis-information supposedly taking place by all levels of authority.

No one has implied "sympathy" for the shooter. Most are suggesting he is of record as having a serious mental illness and also waiting for the facts to emerge as they are verified by the investigation.

It seems strange that a terrible event such as this has to have some underlying cause to satisfy some, even moreso if it can be occasioned to inject a little hysteria and bigotry into the mix.

It ceased being about the victims from the first post onwards.

This will play out as the facts are gathered by those responsible for investigating. We will be told what is within reasonable bounds of common sense to be informed of. More information will be coming, of that I'm positive.
The shooter is dead.

The victims are being treated or are dead.

There is no justice to compensate for this. The person to be punished regardless of his sanity is dead.

Now what? We want to look for someone to blame on his behlaf? No one wins in this situation. You can not replace the lives of those girls lost. The victims that survived will be supported but the entire city and country getting in to a cat fights will make no difference so why go there.

Last edited by klmrocks; 07-25-2018 at 12:52 PM..

Old 07-25-2018, 12:12 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
The shooter is dead.

The victims are being treated or are dead.

There is no justice to compensate for this. The person to be punished regardless of his sanity it dead.

Now what? We want to look for someone to blame on his behlaf? No one wins in this situation. You can replace the lives of those girls lost. The victims that survived will be supported but the entire city and country getting in to a cat fights will make no difference so why go there.
Did you mean to say that you can't replace the lives of the victims? Otherwise excellent post. I am more interested in finding out the facts correctly than quickly.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Did you mean to say that you can't replace the lives of the victims? Otherwise excellent post. I am more interested in finding out the facts correctly than quickly.
Yes. Sorry. I am very tired... if I botched thst it was a mistake.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:04 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Yes. Sorry. I am very tired... if I botched thst it was a mistake.
Klmrocks I can't take any of your post on this topic seriously and you know exactly what I am talking about. Trying be honest for a change

Old 07-25-2018, 01:12 PM

I hear what you are saying Brusan. I agree. But people are getting mixed messages form the media. Some outlets are really focusing on the mental health issue and others are not. Who is telling the truth who is playing things down? Can you blame people for being upset? It is not the first time we have seen Muslims involved with this type of thing. Hurting the softest targets as possible. I don't think anyone wants to see more problems but how do we deal with this? The attack in Ottawa the same thing happened, some people wanted to play it down as a mental health issue. Are these attacks something we just have to accept now?

Quote:
Sine the very first post, this thread has not been about the victims but about conspiracy theories and mass dis-information supposedly taking place by all levels of authority.

No one has implied "sympathy" for the shooter. Most are suggesting he is of record as having a serious mental illness and also waiting for the facts to emerge as they are verified by the investigation.

It seems strange that a terrible event such as this has to have some underlying cause to satisfy some, even moreso if it can be occasioned to inject a little hysteria and bigotry into the mix.

It ceased being about the victims from the first post onwards.

This will play out as the facts are gathered by those responsible for investigating. We will be told what is within reasonable bounds of common sense to be informed of. More information will be coming, of that I'm positive.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:28 PM

287 posts, read 306,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Klmrocks I can't take any of your post on this topic seriously and you know exactly what I am talking about. Trying be honest for a change
Lol! I completely understand though , she must have been really tired from, in her own words, tolerating diversity

Old 07-25-2018, 01:46 PM

Default ......

Quote:
Really?

I am lying about being tired?

Do you think I am not sympathetic to the victims?

Do you think I am trying to protect the shooter? I am not saying oh poor guy he was crazy..... what I am trying to say as YES it is possible he was severely mentally ill and it tgat is scary for all of us as people like this are always around and you never know when they are going to snap.

I have already stated I have Muslim family if you are trying to say that is the reason for my comments.

As someone in a multi faith family I am not going to wait until someone in my family or that I know gets harassed or attacked in relational for a disgusting crime they did not committe.
Would it solve the delema if someone shot me to the head if I was Muslim or Pakistani because a person I don't know did something wrong?

If anyone answers yes to this please know it is people like you that are the problem.

The rest of us, the vast majority from any faith or ethic background just want to live in peace... we out on patios eating ice cream and walking the streets of the city enjoying the nice weather.

All this talk stirring up hate obly results increasing victim count increasing.

Last edited by klmrocks; 07-25-2018 at 03:15 PM..

Old 07-25-2018, 01:58 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
I hear what you are saying Brusan. I agree. But people are getting mixed messages form the media. Some outlets are really focusing on the mental health issue and others are not. Who is telling the truth who is playing things down? Can you blame people for being upset? It is not the first time we have seen Muslims involved with this type of thing. Hurting the softest targets as possible. I don't think anyone wants to see more problems but how do we deal with this? The attack in Ottawa the same thing happened, some people wanted to play it down as a mental health issue. Are these attacks something we just have to accept now?
I'm old enough to remember when news of any kind was not an instantaneous item. Days, sometimes weeks would go by before you'd get clarification or additional facts to explain an event such as this one.

Perhaps those times were better, if only for the patience required in our daily lives. Instant gratification as to all things seems the order of the day now.

A question I would ask is; if we knew for certain within five minutes that indeed the killer was affiliated in a more formal manner with some radical Mosque, ISIS, Al-Queda, or Hell's Angels what is it about that information getting to us sooner would assuage our angst or change the outcome as to policy of our various authorities or governments.

Surely everyone should realize that investigations of this scope require time to fulfill to any degree of verification of "yes he was or, no he was not". Once gaining that verification; just what is it all these "upset people" propose to do about either scenario? March on Ottawa or go back to their BBQ's and brewskis and whining over the fence about it to their neighbour similarly outraged at having to "wait for news".

Old 07-25-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Really?

I am lying about being tired?

Do you think I am not sympathetic to the victims?

Do you think I am trying to protect the shooter? I am not saying oh poor guy he was crazy..... what I am trying to say as YES it is possible he was severely mentally ill and it tgat is scary for all of us as people like this are always around and you never know when they are going to snap.

I have already stated I have Muslim family if you are trying to say that is the reason for my comments.

As someone in a multi faith family I am not going to wait until someone in my family or that I know gets harassed or attacked in relational for a disgusting crime they did not committe.
Would it solve the delema if someone shot me to the head if I was Muslim or Pakistani and this persin I don't know did something wrong?

If anyone answers yes to this please know it is people like you that are the problem.

The rest of us, the vast majority from any faith or ethic background just want to live in peace... we out on patios eating ice cream and walking the streets of the city enjoying the nice weather.

All this talk stirring up hate obly results increasing victim count increasing.
You have really gone of the rails now. You know what I was talking about.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:12 PM

I respect your opinion and your experience Brusan. Thank you for the reply.

Quote:
I'm old enough to remember when news of any kind was not an instantaneous item. Days, sometimes weeks would go by before you'd get clarification or additional facts to explain an event such as this one.

Perhaps those times were better, if only for the patience required in our daily lives. Instant gratification as to all things seems the order of the day now.

A question I would ask is; if we knew for certain within five minutes that indeed the killer was affiliated in a more formal manner with some radical Mosque, ISIS, Al-Queda, or Hell's Angels what is it about that information getting to us sooner would assuage our angst or change the outcome as to policy of our various authorities or governments.

Surely everyone should realize that investigations of this scope require time to fulfill to any degree of verification of "yes he was or, no he was not". Once gaining that verification; just what is it all these "upset people" propose to do about either scenario? March on Ottawa or go back to their BBQ's and brewskis and whining over the fence about it to their neighbour similarly outraged at having to "wait for news".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto