Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 06:41 PM

3,971 posts, read 5,764,113 times

Advertisements

Fingers crossed that the line opens before my next visit to Toronto, which I hope to plan for next year. Between this and Ottawa's Trillium Line, something has got to move. https://globalnews.ca/news/9655163/n...crosstown-lrt/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 03:39 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Fingers crossed that the line opens before my next visit to Toronto, which I hope to plan for next year. Between this and Ottawa's Trillium Line, something has got to move. https://globalnews.ca/news/9655163/n...crosstown-lrt/
This one is getting pretty embarrassing. Other recent projects haven't been too bad. The Toronto-York Spadina Ext was only delayed a year and took 8 years to construct - which isn't too egregious but this one is the worst i've seen. It started construction 12 years ago... It has impacted so many neighbourhoods for so long along Eglinton. People are now asking for some heads to roll which is understanding.

I mean it's shocking but the Leaf's may win the Stanley Cup before the first pax boards the Crosstown LRT

Last edited by fusion2; 05-02-2023 at 03:49 PM..

Old 05-02-2023, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
This one is getting pretty embarrassing. Other recent projects haven't been too bad. The Toronto-York Spadina Ext was only delayed a year and took 8 years to construct - which isn't too egregious but this one is the worst i've seen. It started construction 12 years ago... It has impacted so many neighbourhoods for so long along Eglinton. People are now asking for some heads to roll which is understanding.

I mean it's shocking but the Leaf's may win the Stanley Cup before the first pax boards the Crosstown LRT

Here's hoping that the Leaf's break their curse, win the Stanley Cup this year, and the Crosstown LRT opens sometime between the Grey Cup and the next Stanley Cup. The Bloor-Danforth remains my favorite Toronto subway line and probably will for years to come but I want to experience something new too.

Old 05-04-2023, 02:53 PM

1,538 posts, read 867,371 times
I'm not going to the Aga Khan museum until this line is running.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
I'm not going to the Aga Khan museum until this line is running.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I visited the Aga Khan back in 2019 taking the #34C from Eglinton to the museum and then after the museum, took the #100 to Pape. Both bus routes went around and around in almost what felt like circles from one housing complex to another and were very crowded. I was definitely on the bus for over half an hour both times because of traffic and all the stops made when an off road transit route could make much faster connections.

Old 05-07-2023, 11:43 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Here's hoping that the Leaf's break their curse, win the Stanley Cup this year, and the Crosstown LRT opens sometime between the Grey Cup and the next Stanley Cup. The Bloor-Danforth remains my favorite Toronto subway line and probably will for years to come but I want to experience something new too.
Yeah would be nice - they are now down 2-0 to the Panthers but not insurmountable. Now if they lose today well...

Yeah I hope the Crosstown is gtg when you come back. As it happens the Science Centre is going to be relocated to Ontario Place I think in 2025 so it may be that by the time Crosstown opens it will no longer be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto