Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 06:30 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

This is the creators of South Park on why they created the famous "Smug Alert" episodes. It's also why some of us have hatred of these types of hybrid drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM

SMUG ALERT SMUG ALERT SMUG ALERT! It's because of people like you that some of us hate the Prius. I wouldn't mind a Fusion hybrid or a Sonata Hybrid. I could drive around without being a smug producing Massengill like so many Prius drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
I completely agree. The reason why I believe people in this board dislike the Prius is that they are afraid of change. Most people in certain parts of this country refuse to open there minds. So they complain, make excuses, and try to make anything up so they can hold on to whatever obsolete myth they cherish. They are afraid to change the way live. This just does not go with automobiles, but in some aspects of life as well.

Race relations is still a huge problem because of stereotypes. Most people who hold onto these beliefs they are not willing to open there minds and mingle with different ethnic backgrounds. This is why our current president place still has a problem with some people. Most people in this country do not like change, but being able to change and adapt is apart of survival.

They know the Prius is a great vehicles, and rated well in every safety category, gets great MPG, and runs smooth on the road and almost every single owner has given the car positive feedback. How many vehicles can give an average 47 + mpg while driving over 70 MPH?? They are just in denial because they are afraid that the Prius and similar vehicles like it, might replace those gas guzzlers most of these Americans like so much for some odd reason.

The Prius is a bad car because it does not look good on the outside??? If you take that mentality that is like discriminating against people who do not look good. As a matter of fact I think the Prius looks just fine, but hey I do consider myself an open minded individual and many others as well share my opinion.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:41 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

This is the creators of South Park on why they created the famous "Smug Alert" episodes. It's also why some of us have hatred of these types of hybrid drivers.
haha matt and trey are awsome

Old 04-24-2011, 06:43 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
LOL, I guess you don't realise that some drivers of big gas guzzling trucks and suv's who look down upon those who drive fuel efficent cars are even more smug than Prius owners. I bet some prius haters on here are just like that. I have seen said drivers look down their noses at those who drive cars.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:46 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Quote:
I completely agree. The reason why I believe people in this board dislike the Prius is that they are afraid of change. Most people in certain parts of this country refuse to open there minds. So they complain, make excuses, and try to make anything up so they can hold on to whatever obsolete myth they cherish. They are afraid to change the way live. This just does not go with automobiles, but in some aspects of life as well.

Race relations is still a huge problem because of stereotypes. Most people who hold onto these beliefs they are not willing to open there minds and mingle with different ethnic backgrounds. This is why our current president place still has a problem with some people. Most people in this country do not like change, but being able to change and adapt is apart of survival.

They know the Prius is a great vehicles, and rated well in every safety category, gets great MPG, and runs smooth on the road and almost every single owner has given the car positive feedback. How many vehicles can give an average 47 + mpg while driving over 70 MPH?? They are just in denial because they are afraid that the Prius and similar vehicles like it, might replace those gas guzzlers most of these Americans like so much for some odd reason.

The Prius is a bad car because it does not look good on the outside??? If you take that mentality that is like discriminating against people who do not look good. As a matter of fact I think the Prius looks just fine, but hey I do consider myself an open minded individual and many others as well share my opinion.
I for one, don't hate the Prius, I can't muster up feelings that strong for any type of car.

I think the reason some people are repelled by the Prius is that it's so hyped.

How many vehicles can give an average of 47+ Mpg at 70Mph? Many, how about I up the ante and say 60 Mpg at 70 Mph, like the BMW 320d manages with ease?

I simply think that it isn't as good as some think it is, especially when the CEO of Toyota himself openly says that Hybrid technology won't be a fully viable option until it can be coupled with a small diesel engine.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LOL, I guess you don't realise that some drivers of big gas guzzling trucks and suv's who look down upon those who drive fuel efficent cars are even more smug than Prius owners. I bet some prius haters on here are just like that. I have seen said drivers look down their noses at those who drive cars.
I don't hate the car, I hate the literally smug attitude displayed by some "I'm better than you cause I drive a Prius" drivers. The worst of the bunch is the Hollywood environmentalist who drive a prius to their award show or movie premier before flying off on their private jet, or going to their huge energy hog mansion, or parking their Prius and getting into a 10mpg sports car or SUV. There are thousands of hybrid drivers on the road who don't have this smug attitude. Why don't you try to be more like them. If you told someone, "price of gas was just too much for me so I had to buy something more fuel efficient" then that would be fine because it wouldn't be smug.

Oh, and for the record, I never owned an SUV. I drive a 2003 Chevrolet Malibu with a 3.1L V6 engine and average 22 MPG city with the AC running.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 PM

3,044 posts, read 5,002,336 times
Hatred? How about 'environmentalists enjoying the higher gas prices' -- so your happiness stems from seeing others suffer financially; the origin, implicitly being, your hatred of those who don't drive a hybrid?

Drive what you want. My bike gets 60-70mpg. Who's the one full of hate?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:32 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
I've seen some dumb and hateful posts on here but this thread takes the cake. I pray some of you don't drive around me.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:34 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I think until the enviromental disaster of disposing of these cars can be done in a safe manner, they should be banned from the market and especially if anyone in the USA gives a crap about the injury to the US economy, then they in their right mind would never consider the pos prius.
Funny thing to me how silly the buy the prius types seem to be. It's ok to buy this thing that the parts involved in making the car are so enviromentally unfriendly both in production and after the cars useable life, it legally under epa regulations could never be made in the USA or scraped in the USA, yet it's hailed as a great thing now.
Unless you have at least 8k to scrap it, why buy be silly enough to buy it?
Dumbest post ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It's amazing the hatred that is displayed in here for the Prius. So what if you don't like the way that it looks or that it is slow compared to the V8's that you drive. People like it and if thats the way they wish to spend their money, so be it.
Bing.

Quote:

No its because they are idiots. They probably think you plug it in your living room. They rather support bailed out companies with taxpayer money and/or drive 30 years old cars and explain how they get 30 MPG.

Then its a Toyota which is the most hated brand on here.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Dumbest post ever.

Bing.

No its because they are idiots. They probably think you plug it in your living room. They rather support bailed out companies with taxpayer money and/or drive 30 years old cars and explain how they get 30 MPG.

Then its a Toyota which is the most hated brand on here.
No, it's because of attitudes like yours. I continue to drive my Malibu because I'm waiting for my wife's car to be paid off before getting something smaller and more fuel efficient. It might be the 40mpg Hyundai Elantra. I can't afford a hybrid or diesel. I know I wouldn't want a Prius but not for the reasons you think. I live in hot and humid south Louisiana and the Prius is a greenhouse. I'll use up those batteries trying to cool off the interior of tha glass oven. Two people at work drive a Prius (without being a smug Massengill). They each have covered parking both at home and at work. But even then they have to crank up the AC to overcome the glass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion