Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 12:44 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,632,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I find those GM commercials with Howie Long to be probably the single most arrogant commercials made in recent years. Yeah a Malibu gets 1MPG more than the Civic, but see how that helps you when the thing is all loose and falling apart at 100K.
I find GM dealers to be the worst so far as far as what your talking about.
We may disagree, but I respect you for not resorting to name calling and childish behavior as exhibited by some of the other individuals here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
In his first public comment about the massive safety crisis surrounding his company, the President and CEO of Toyota apologized to his customers for causing them so much worry.

Toyota CEO Apologizes: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' - ABC News

He needs buy back the defective vehicles he sold. Then I will respect and believe him. Talk is cheap from any "caring" president.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Wait, I thought Consumer Reports publishes totally biased nonsense...

Oh, I get it! When CR agrees with YOUR agenda...they suddenly become a legitimate publication...LOL
Actually, I thought they were biased and obviously I was wrong. This actually gives me much more confidence in CR.

I'm big enough to apologize when I am wrong. The question is, are you?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:59 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,880,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
That made NO sense at all. Laughable. If you only knew.
LOL

Old 01-30-2010, 01:02 PM

2,169 posts, read 3,391,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But its unlikely that past big 3 customers that left will be goig back to what they ranwawy from. Even the big 3 have admitted repeatedly that they put vehicles that were defect out to dealers for tehm to deal with. There is not a single dealer where I live now that hadles just onme of teh big 3 exclusively. they all have multiple brands. As one salesman told me you can make it seeling small americacars and the truxck sales are still evryhting witht eh big 3. Otherwise many would drop thier big 3 vehicle line.Its obvious jsut looking at their lots;a few cars and tons of trucks and SUVs.Usewrs reviews are uselesss with all the fake UAW flooding the sites now.
There's a whole generation that has been lost, but that doesn't mean the Big Three need to give up on future generations. Those in the 25-34 range missed the worst of 70s and 80s Detroit, and a poll done a while back found that Gen Y'ers had a more favorable opinion of the Big Three than Baby Boomers and Gen X'ers. Why do you think Ford has been targeting college students so hard with the Fiesta Movement? They are trying to rebuild their image among the younger generations that will be the future of their profits.

In 2006, only 45% of people polled said they would consider buying a Ford. In 2009, that number was up to 63%. That is a significant improvement and shows that if you continue to improve upon quality, people will begin to take notice.

There are some customers that will never come back, but there are others who are taking a second look after many years of absence.

What is ironic to me is that the people who left the Big Three years ago for Toyota and Honda are suddenly acting like the Big Three loyalists they used to bash, apologizing for defects and while calling the competition's quality products junk. They have become their own worst enemy.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
LOL
Seriously, if you only knew.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:06 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,873,801 times
Somewhat ironic that Mr. Toyoda was driving an Audi, which was the make that made people familiar with the term "sudden acceleration".

Old 01-30-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Somewhat ironic that Mr. Toyoda was driving an Audi, which was the make that made people familiar with the term "sudden acceleration".

So he makes runaway cars and drives the car that coined the phrase. Geee.....that is a real confidence builder.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:14 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,880,825 times
Quote:
Seriously, if you only knew.
Then explain.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,228,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
So to all the Domestic nut swingers, I think you should calm down now.

It's overdue. They need to send some work back to Japan. I want my older Toyotas back.

The American made Toyotas are good overall, but if anyone has been in a Toyota Crown or Toyota Chaser, they'll forget about Avalons and such.

Better cars, way better cars.

Quote:
What irks me, is the fact that Toyota would have kept on selling the defective vehicles if they weren't forced not to.

Yes, Toyota needs to go back to Japan-only assembly. They are becoming far too Americanized and the quality slide is immense and very visible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post

It's also sad that being Americanized is an insult in the automotive world.
LOL, you guys are really in La-La Land... This is the newest Toyota deflection tactic. I wonder if this excuse will last as long as the "floor mat" issue.

Hey, if your fantasy makes you happy then all the best American and European automakers are having a great time watching Toyota get blasted out of the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion