Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:21 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
When the airport was taken over and shut down by protestors in Bangkok back in 2008, I remember hearing a lot a lot of funny things from stranded tourists. I would think being trapped in Thailand for an extra couple weeks would be a good thing.
That would be horrifying to me. I have zero desire to visit Thailand in the first place, so being trapped there would be awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 08:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
That would be horrifying to me. I have zero desire to visit Thailand in the first place, so being trapped there would be awful.
You would be horrified? Why? It's not like it's some terrorist area that you have to worry about your head getting chopped off. It is after all a very popular tourist destination.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:12 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You would be horrified? Why? It's not like it's some terrorist area that you have to worry about your head getting chopped off. It is after all a very popular tourist destination.
and incredibly cheap. One won't be broke even if being stuck there for half a year.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:35 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
example:

-- "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

-- "There were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

-- "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

--- "No one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

-- "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

-- "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

-- "I'm sure I've stayed in this hotel room in a previous life. I cannot stay here again."

Any funny tourist complaints you have heard?

hmmmmm, I see....reminds me of a an episode 30 some years ago in Hawaii. I was stationed there and like all young guys, bored with little money and no one to be poor with...and yet, we managed. During this time, Australians used to visit like weekend junkets to Vegas....I'd say that the tourists were 1/3 Aussie, 1/3 Japanese, and 1/3 mainlanders......

So, as luck would have it, I was hanging out at a bar called the Rose & Crown in Waikiki with a friend. I met this older Aussie with a rather large chest. A true gem. Anyway, for whatever, reason, when women go to an "exoctic" destination they ALWAYS want some sexual experience they can remember and share with friends. Even with a guy like me...hey, it's late? Don't ask me why and frankly, who cares?

Turns out, this was my lucky night. After trying to fool around in some coves, we opted for her place/hotel room. This Summer/Spring affair went on a bit and finally, she insisted on getting on top. The rest was easy and mission accomplished. Morning wasn't bad either. Accent took awhile getting used to and in between exercises, we did discuss Hawaii a bit. She asked where all the orientals came from. Odd. And yet, I let it go. Kinda guy I am.

Moral of that story? Sometimes you are on top in life and sometimes you are not. However, being on bottom isn't always a bad thing and sometimes, if things are larger than they appear, things might swing your way. Even when you are visiting. No matter what the circumstance or the awkward moment, just lay there and who knows, you too may come through just fine. And while she apparently didn't understand that Japanese fill up the skies with planes too, she meant it with a sincere and curious eye which was all the more awkward when you think about it. She also didn't understand the need for everyone to say; "Aloha and Mahalo"....tried to use the g'day as a comparison.....had to explain pidgin' too....

Tourists are well, tourists and when confronted with foreign destinations they don't always recognize the difference between a cantaloupe and a melon but, they eventually want to be on top if for no other reason than comfort.

Advice? Let them...

Old 11-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb longstreet View Post
hmmmmm, i see....reminds me of a an episode 30 some years ago in hawaii. I was stationed there and like all young guys, bored with little money and no one to be poor with...and yet, we managed. During this time, australians used to visit like weekend junkets to vegas....i'd say that the tourists were 1/3 aussie, 1/3 japanese, and 1/3 mainlanders......

So, as luck would have it, i was hanging out at a bar called the rose & crown in waikiki with a friend. I met this older aussie with a rather large chest. A true gem. Anyway, for whatever, reason, when women go to an "exoctic" destination they always want some sexual experience they can remember and share with friends. Even with a guy like me...hey, it's late? Don't ask me why and frankly, who cares?

Turns out, this was my lucky night. After trying to fool around in some coves, we opted for her place/hotel room. This summer/spring affair went on a bit and finally, she insisted on getting on top. The rest was easy and mission accomplished. Morning wasn't bad either. Accent took awhile getting used to and in between exercises, we did discuss hawaii a bit. She asked where all the orientals came from. Odd. And yet, i let it go. Kinda guy i am.

Moral of that story? Sometimes you are on top in life and sometimes you are not. However, being on bottom isn't always a bad thing and sometimes, if things are larger than they appear, things might swing your way. Even when you are visiting. No matter what the circumstance or the awkward moment, just lay there and who knows, you too may come through just fine. And while she apparently didn't understand that japanese fill up the skies with planes too, she meant it with a sincere and curious eye which was all the more awkward when you think about it. She also didn't understand the need for everyone to say; "aloha and mahalo"....tried to use the g'day as a comparison.....had to explain pidgin' too....

Tourists are well, tourists and when confronted with foreign destinations they don't always recognize the difference between a cantaloupe and a melon but, they eventually want to be on top if for no other reason than comfort.

Advice? Let them...
wtf?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:19 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
hmmmmm, I see....reminds me of a an episode 30 some years ago in Hawaii. I was stationed there and like all young guys, bored with little money and no one to be poor with...and yet, we managed. During this time, Australians used to visit like weekend junkets to Vegas....I'd say that the tourists were 1/3 Aussie, 1/3 Japanese, and 1/3 mainlanders......

So, as luck would have it, I was hanging out at a bar called the Rose & Crown in Waikiki with a friend. I met this older Aussie with a rather large chest. A true gem. Anyway, for whatever, reason, when women go to an "exoctic" destination they ALWAYS want some sexual experience they can remember and share with friends. Even with a guy like me...hey, it's late? Don't ask me why and frankly, who cares?

Turns out, this was my lucky night. After trying to fool around in some coves, we opted for her place/hotel room. This Summer/Spring affair went on a bit and finally, she insisted on getting on top. The rest was easy and mission accomplished. Morning wasn't bad either. Accent took awhile getting used to and in between exercises, we did discuss Hawaii a bit. She asked where all the orientals came from. Odd. And yet, I let it go. Kinda guy I am.

Moral of that story? Sometimes you are on top in life and sometimes you are not. However, being on bottom isn't always a bad thing and sometimes, if things are larger than they appear, things might swing your way. Even when you are visiting. No matter what the circumstance or the awkward moment, just lay there and who knows, you too may come through just fine. And while she apparently didn't understand that Japanese fill up the skies with planes too, she meant it with a sincere and curious eye which was all the more awkward when you think about it. She also didn't understand the need for everyone to say; "Aloha and Mahalo"....tried to use the g'day as a comparison.....had to explain pidgin' too....

Advice? Let them...
Really????

Old 11-04-2014, 10:36 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
once I went to a book shop to buy a card. And one tourist asked me where is the bakery in broken Dutch with using a dictionary. Well I let him see where it is. When I start walking this man chase behind my back and start yell in English. WTF I asked you where is the bank not the bakery. So I said if you have asked in yelling language I could tell you, it was just behind your back at that time and I walk away. When I give hello back that is what I get. phew

Old 11-04-2014, 11:58 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
I heard this one from a park ranger in Mesa Verde National Park. My sister and I were talking to her about some of the craziest questions she'd ever been asked. This one topped her list:

At what elevation do the deer become elk?

Old 11-04-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I heard this one from a park ranger in Mesa Verde National Park. My sister and I were talking to her about some of the craziest questions she'd ever been asked. This one topped her list:

That. Is. Awesome.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:34 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

lol! That doesn't even make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel