Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niugnep1 View Post
Why so afraid of giving the exact location? It's not like it's identifying information.

Wisconsin is not known for luxury. I think you need to temper your expectations. You'll be able to find clean and comfortable, but don't expect anything too extravagant.
Not true at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 11:08 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What do you mean it depends what I mean? If you're staying in a small town, anywhere in the U.S. I might add, you're not going to find a 4 star place to stay, that's just a fact. If you want 4 star, stay in Milwaukee.
I live in Northern Ireland and we manage to have 4 star hotels. America promotes itself on it's grandeur so I am shocked to find basic hotels.

I have tried to lower my standards but I can't find a clean, decent hotel. They're all either dated or they've got rotting interiors, I have stayed in 3* hotels before and i've been fine - the only difference being that these hotels were new and had a clean, modern interior.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niugnep1 View Post
Why so afraid of giving the exact location? It's not like it's identifying information.

Wisconsin is not known for luxury. Frankly, outside of Green Bay, Milwaukee and maybe Madison, there aren't going to be a lot of four stars. I think you need to temper your expectations. You'll be able to find clean and comfortable, but don't expect anything too extravagant.

And waiting until January to book a room in Wisconsin is fine. They likely just haven't reached the open booking window. I can't think of many places in WI that will sell out six months in advance.
I've been looking in Greenbay but even there, there's no 4* hotels - mostly just Day's inn and Fairfield inn. I mean honestly that's fine but surely there is a market for at least one 4* hotel!!

From looking at the houses we have indeed lowered our expectations but we can't seem to find anything clean/modern. The only place we've found is a residence inn but it's blocked until January, it's really stressful searching for hotels and trying to find something remotely nice. I don't understand why 3* hotels can't just get a nice interior, we're not asking for a butler - it's really not that hard.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I live in Northern Ireland and we manage to have 4 star hotels. American promotes itself on it's grandeur so I am shocked to find basic hotels.

I have tried to lower my standards but I can't find a clean, decent hotel. They're all either dated or they've got rotting interiors, I have stayed in 3* hotels before and i've been fine - the only difference being that these hotels were new and had a clean, modern interior.
Then I guess you'll just have to slum it like the rest of us plebeians.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:16 AM

What? This is the kind of place that we have to stay in!
Fairfield Inn Appleton (WI) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

I don't care that they've got those hotels (I've stayed in 3* before), i'm annoyed that they don't give us the opportunity to book a 4* hotel when we are willing to pay for it. It's stupid.

Even a place like this would be nice:http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R..._Columbia.html

Old 09-12-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
What? This is the kind of place that we have to stay in!
Fairfield Inn Appleton (WI) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

I don't care that they've got those hotels (I've stayed in 3* before), i'm annoyed that they don't give us the opportunity to book a 4* hotel when we are willing to pay for it. It's stupid.

Even a place like this would be nice:Washington Marriott at Metro Center (Washington DC, DC) - Reviews - TripAdvisor
What are you not understanding exactly? Not all places offer 4 star hotels. If you can't handle it, don't go there. Simple. Continually complaining about a simple fact is pointless.

Edit: Here. http://www.copperleafhotel.com/

Now I've done your work for you. You're welcome.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:24 AM

I've already said i've tried to lower my standard but that I can't find a decent 3* hotel like the one above. (pretty hard considering they don't even have a courtyard Marriott)

I don't want to stay in the Days inn.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:31 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Based on your other threads, I thought you were broke??

Old 09-12-2015, 11:31 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
You're boring us to death. Hope you find a place, or not.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You're boring us to death. Hope you find a place, or not.
Considering I just gave a good option & there was no response, I believe this person is just looking to be difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel