Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 374 times

Advertisements

I am planning to attend a foreign socials in the Philippines next month. I have yet to sign up since I’m quite worried about how things work in that country. I have heard a number of horror stories about foreign men and women getting scammed by locals there. I’ve also heard that in the downtown areas, there’s a lot of robberies and theft going on. Is Philippines really that bad? Need someone to enlighten me on this one. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 05:43 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Perhaps you can find some Youtube videos of people that have actually been to the Philippines where they talk how safe/dangerous it is.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:21 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
I don't know what a "foreign social" is, but it sounds like a temporary visit of some kind. I have lived for the past year in the Philippines second city (Cebu, metro 4-million) and it a safe, laid back, friendly city and I have no real concerns about my safety.

But if a "foreign social" means going out at night meeting strangers and going with them to bars that are still open after hours, I wouldn't even do that in Fargo.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:56 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
It's like anywhere, depends where you go. There are parts of Manila that are perfectly safe with nice malls, expensive cars everywhere, green areas, etc. where you can be out hellraising all hours without concern, and others that I wouldn't drive through in an armored car.

Like cubuan I have no idea what a foreign social is, can you elaborate and perhaps explain what it involves? Big difference between attending an event at a nice hotel in Manila versus wandering around off the beaten track in Mindanao.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:11 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Umm, I hope this isn't one of those 'international dating tours' several people have discussed on this forum.

Anyways, plenty of research available online, with a simple Google and YouTube search of safety in the Philippines.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:40 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Something tells me this guy is going to come back in and post what "foreign socials" group he signed up for - giving away his real intention - advertising his tour company or more likely his mail order bride business.

EDIT - oh yeah this guy is a spammer. Google the phrase "planning to attend a foreign socials in the Philippines " and get all sorts of hits in TripAdvisor, Travel&Living, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel