Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 10:08 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times

Advertisements

Funny thing, after raising a kid myself, I no longer hear the crying. The seat kicking, on the other hand, I can't stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 01:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
The seat bumper/kicker. Also the people removing heavy luggage from the overhead bin BASHING me on the head with it after landing. Has happened more than once. Am I invisible?

Old 06-10-2018, 08:14 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
I don't understand why it's such a big deal if someone uses your seat to help pull theirself up, or to steady theirself while walking down the aisle. So you feel a little movement in your seat for a second---big deal. Would it be better if they fell over into someone? I'm not exactly "old" yet, but I need to do it sometimes.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:02 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
Just last week I flew from Tampa to Charlotte. Apparently the flight was delayed because of some issues with the air circulating system. I was seated at the back of the plane and a number of us were in danger of missing our connecting flights. The passengers behind me wanted to sit further up front so they could debark sooner rather than later so they were begging the flight attendant to find them alternate seats. The lady behind me kept getting up (I was situated in the center seat) and using the back of my seat as leverage. It was annoying. I was glad that her party was able to move.

While this was all going on the pilot came on the speaker system and apologized for the delay. He said that the cabin would be warm on taxi-ing and take off, but that once the plane would be in the air the air quality would improve. Not one minute after the pilot made the announcement a woman sitting a couple of seats away began to pant and repeat, "It's hot in here, it's so hot in here." I thought she was going to have a panic attack which would further delay the flight.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:19 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
This "pile everything you own in the overhead compartments" so it takes 45 minutes to disboard. If it was my airline, I'd forbid it, and allow smoking. Fat people taking up two seats (including yours) and farts are way more offensive to me than cigarette smoke.

Planes have thoroughly become Greyhound buses with wings. I avoid them at all costs.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 06-10-2018 at 09:29 AM..

Old 06-10-2018, 09:36 AM

7 posts, read 4,455 times
Parents who insist on keeping their noisy kids awake so that they sleep when they get to their destination - boy that kills me.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:41 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I don't understand why it's such a big deal if someone uses your seat to help pull theirself up, or to steady theirself while walking down the aisle. So you feel a little movement in your seat for a second---big deal. Would it be better if they fell over into someone? I'm not exactly "old" yet, but I need to do it sometimes.

The big deal is that on many occasions, I've literally had hair ripped out of my head.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:00 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
The big deal is that on many occasions, I've literally had hair ripped out of my head.
Indeed. And I don't mind people using my chair to help them get up every now and then, but it becomes a big pain in the butt when someone who can't hold their water for very long (or who regularly needs to stretch) is doing so, thereby regularly waking me up/preventing me from sleeping.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I flew from San Diego to Hawaii next to a couple who let their infant son cry his lungs out until he tired and fell asleep, which seemed to have taken forever. To say that I was pissed would be a MAJOR understatement.

On the same flight, the person sitting directly behind me had his music playing so loudly that the sound/base was emanating from the earphones and disturbing what little peace I had after the crying baby finally fell asleep.
I don't get what you mean by "let" their infant son cry. Do you know of a magic way to stop an infant from crying? I mean, obviously, if he's hungry, you feed him. I'm assuming that was not the case. But babies cry, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:22 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't get what you mean by "let" their infant son cry. Do you know of a magic way to stop an infant from crying? I mean, obviously, if he's hungry, you feed him. I'm assuming that was not the case. But babies cry, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.
My wife used to breastfeed our baby (under a blanket) and it kept her pretty quiet during uncomfortable flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel