Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
In defense of John Ramsey, I believe his book is about moving on after the horrible things that can happen to you in life.
I agree. I would think that writing the book would help a parent get through the loss of his or her child. Writing a book appeared to have helped John Walsh deal with his son Adam's murder. It has little to do with narcissism.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Exactly...The book wasn't published until 2011, after all the evidence and suspects had been gone over again in 2009.

Quote:
In defense of John Ramsey, I believe his book is about moving on after the horrible things that can happen to you in life. Remember, he lost TWO daughters and his wife.

I do not expect John Ramsey or any other parent in his position to spend the rest of their lives trying to find out who killed their child when authorities with all kinds of resources can't do it. Is he supposed to destroy the rest of his family and himself trying to do the impossible?

Sometimes murders are never solved.....do you really want to put down their families because they don't spend the rest of their lives and all of their resources searching for a killer that may never be found?

Do you really want to put all of the people who are living with the horror of having murdered or missing children in that position? Haven't they suffered enough? You want to put a guilt trip on them too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I agree. I would think that writing the book would help a parent get through the loss of his or her child. Writing a book appeared to have helped John Walsh deal with his son Adam's murder. It has little to do with narcissism.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
In defense of John Ramsey, I believe his book is about moving on after the horrible things that can happen to you in life. Remember, he lost TWO daughters and his wife.

you really want to put all of the people who are living with the horror of having murdered or missing children in that position? Haven't they suffered enough? You want to put a guilt trip on them too?
I'm not putting a "guilt trip" on anyone and I'm not "putting all of the people who are living with the murdered or missing children in that position". Don't add words to my posts that I didn't say. I have true empathy for victims of crime and their families, just not him because I don't think he was a "victim" at all. Anyone can write a book about anything claiming anything. If people want to believe him, that's up to them.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:06 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Yes, people do go on with their lives after a tragedy. The issue I had with this entire case was the defensive attitude of the family. Everyone reacts differently to situations, but the immediate circling of the wagons made me extremely skeptical of the situation.

The family never had posters up, looking for leads or information regarding their daughter's killer. They never asked for leads, on the numerous shows that they were on, all they did was talk about how they felt persecueted. Jon Benet was not the focus, it was always about them. Which I found odd. That makes me feel like they knew there would never be leads or new information about this case.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, people do go on with their lives after a tragedy. The issue I had with this entire case was the defensive attitude of the family. Everyone reacts differently to situations, but the immediate circling of the wagons made me extremely skeptical of the situation.

The family never had posters up, looking for leads or information regarding their daughter's killer. They never asked for leads, on the numerous shows that they were on, all they did was talk about how they felt persecueted. Jon Benet was not the focus, it was always about them. Which I found odd. That makes me feel like they knew there would never be leads or new information about this case.
As someone on the fence about John and Patsy's involvement, you make a really good point. I never thought about it, but odd.

They never seemed concerned with finding the perpetrator who committed the crime in their home while asleep. It may have made a difference with the impression folks were left with, if they showed some interest in finding out.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Same as when that guy, "claimed" he killed Jon Benet. The family was oddly silent. If a man had confessed to killing my child, especially if I had been implicated in the murderer...I would have been chomping at the bit for information. I would have flown to Colorado to confront the guy who ruined my life, killed my baby. Instead the family's reaction was again, oddly silent. And no, no one just moves on with life and does not go back to see the man responsible for killing their daughter.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
John Ramsey has always seen oddly detached to me.

The impression I get is of a hard working career man who provided plenty of cash and not much else. He worked very hard and was one of those fathers who don't see their children all week due to sheer hours spent at work. He seems honestly sideswiped by what had occured in his family, and was trying to deal with it the best way he could...who knows what his own thoughts were at the time? I believe his only crime was to be oblivious to his family and absorbed in his career - like a million other men around the world.

I believe PR was largely left to herself with the children. I see the frenetic social life she led as an indicator of someone who was deeply insecure and focused on appearances. She was obviously lacking something in her own life as she poured so much time and money into JBR's pageant career. She was one of the original "toddlers and tiaras" mums...she had JBR's baby teeth capped so she didn't have gaps (a process which is very uncomfortable if not downright painful on a baby's mouth). She had JBR's hair lightened - again, not very comfortable on a baby's scalp. In my opinion this is excessive, abusive behaviour which had been going on for a long, long time unchecked or even unnoticed by John.

This is why I feel that Burke needs to speak. As a child he would've been in the house with his mother and sister and been witness to the dynamics. I completely understand why they don't want to, as JBR and PR are both now gone...they would like it to rest in peace. John may even fear prosecution for not being more forthcoming with the police...who knows.

I believe this will remain in the "unsolved" basket officially, but I believe I know exactly who killed JBR. Anyone else with half a brain must agree with me.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
. . .

I believe this will remain in the "unsolved" basket officially, but I believe I know exactly who killed JBR. Anyone else with half a brain must agree with me.
Your little precis sounds very plausible, but it in no way, to my obviously half a brain, points to who did it.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Your little precis sounds very plausible, but it in no way, to my obviously half a brain, points to who did it.

I should have said, anyone with half a brain who knows the details of this case...*'m talking the fine details, a lot of which have been overlooked in the media over the years.

If you study this case as thoroughly as I have, (and the McCann case too), there is only one conclusion to reach. It simply defies belief that anyone else but PR wrote the ransom note.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Uh-oh. Here we go, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime