Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM

19 posts, read 55,659 times

Advertisements

Blen (James) grew up in a small town in South Carolina. He was really a good kid. He played baseball and football in middle school. During his childhood he liked things all little boys liked. Hunting, fishing and he loved to go to Pawley’s Island surfing.(There were no really big waves just small ones not like the west coast surfing). He was really content with anything. My son and I spent a lot of time together going to movies and out to eat. Blen enjoyed welding and he loved to ride dirt bikes, go carts and going skateboarding.

He moved to Dillon the December before his death. He was only 28 years old when his life was taken. This should have never happened, so much life ahead of him. He never had the chance to get married and have a family of his own. My son would be 34 years old if he were still here with us. You always expect to die before your children. You don’t know how hard it is to put your child in the ground and bury them. I miss his laughter. Not a day goes by that I do not wonder why. I think of him always and wonder what could have been had he not died. My son is gone forever and my life still revolves around him and my love for him. I will not have peace until his murdered stands trial for what she did. She killed my son. She took him away from this world. Our family is still picking up the pieces from this tragedy. We are devastated.

The last time I spoke with my son was September 17, 2003. We talked several times a day on a daily basis. When I did not hear from him in the next 2 days, I knew something was very wrong. I called a friend to go by his apartment and check on him. Later that night, a police officer knocked on my door and asked if I had a son by the name of James Blen Haselden. My heart dropped as I answered yes. I was told to call a telephone number and ask for Mr. Grissom. When I called he told me that he was sorry to inform me that Blen was dead. I don’t recall too much after that. I went numb. My entire world stopped. I did the hardest thing that I have ever had to do the next day by telling my mom that Blen was dead. She was 84 years old at the time.

When we met with the corner and detective, we learned that he had been stabbed in the heart. We also learned of the events that lead up to the stabbing. It was his girl friend’s sister.(This was the conclusion from the detective’s interview with her and from a witness that saw the incident.) She knew what she had done and left him to bleed to death and rot in his apartment. Her boyfriend and Blen were fighting because he was jealous of her being over at Blen’s apartment often. She stabbed Blen to break up the fight. Blen climbed the stairs to his apartment to seek safety and bled to death alone. He didn’t even have the chance to call for help. Instead of admitting she stabbed him when the police came so his body could be found, she packed up and went to the beach. Blen’s body was not found for 3 days. Someone he thought was his friend murdered him.

Blen was murdered in 2003. It has been 6 long years since my son was murdered and there has never been a trial. This seems like too long to me. I am very disappointed and disheartened with the justice system. I have lost faith in this system one that I had always believed in. The woman accused of his murder was charged and is still out on bond. She has since tried to kill another person. Justice needs to be served and his murderer to stand trial. Blen deserves justice. Our family deserves justice.

View his video on YouTube:
YouTube - For Blen...in Memory of James Blen Haselden

Join his Facebook Group: Login | Facebook

For more information email: justiceforblen@gmail.com

Letters of support can also be sent to the Governor at: info@scattorneygeneral.com
Be sure to put James Blen Haselden in the subject line.

Thank you for your support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,224,171 times
On 03/05/07 you posted the following:
Quote:
I am looking for information on this man. He died in Dillon, South Carolina. I was a close friend and am trying to figure out what happened to him. He died on or about September 20, 2003. I have found one newspaper article that stated his death as suspicious. He was found laying dead on the floor of his apartment. Please, someone help me. I have tried everything and the Dillon Newspaper doesn't have online archives.
Thank you!
On 03/08/07 you posted the following:
Quote:
Below is the only info I can find besides a newspaper article dubbing his death suspicious. Anyone with info please email me at slrp876@aol.com.

James Haselden

James Blen Haselden, 28, of Andrews, died in Dillon.
Funeral services will be Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2003, at 11 a.m. at Earle United Methodist Church. Officiating will be the Rev. J. Robert Huggins and the Rev. Billy E. Rufus. Burial, directed by the Andrews Chapel of Mayer Funeral Home, will follow in Harmony Cemetery.
Mr. Haselden was born May 24, 1975, in Charleston, a son of J. Wyatt Haselden and Joan Davis McDaniel. He grew up in Andrews and lived in Nebraska for two years prior to returning to South Carolina.
He had lived in Dillon since December. Mr. Haselden was of the Pentecostal Holiness faith.
Surviving, in addition to his mother of Johnsonville and father of Georgetown, are his step-father, Landrum W. McDaniel Jr. of Johnsonville; his step-mother, Karen M. Haselden of Georgetown; two brothers, Tyler Haselden and Nicholas Haselden, both of Georgetown; a sister, Kateland McDaniel of Johnsonville; his maternal grandparents, Noveline D. and James M. Cloaninger of Andrews; and his step-maternal grandmother, Grace J. McDaniel of Hemingway.
Yesterday, you posted the following:
Quote:
We are attempting to collect support on behalf of the Haselden family for his tragic murder in 2003. Please see the video below and help support us by joining the cause and contacting the South Carolina Governor. Thank you!
I find that interesting.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 PM

Why so interesting? I've found the info I needed, teamed up with his mom, the police and Victims Advocacy Groups and now am supporting the ongoing information along with everyone else...makes sense to me.

It's not a scam if thats what you may be implying...no money involved whatsoever...just asking people to share Blen's story.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:03 PM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
On 03/05/07 you posted the following:

On 03/08/07 you posted the following:

Yesterday, you posted the following:

I find that interesting.
Hmmm so is she his mother or not???

Old 07-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Joan is his mother and she wrote the information for me to promote.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal83 View Post
Why so interesting? I've found the info I needed, teamed up with his mom, the police and Victims Advocacy Groups and now am supporting the ongoing information along with everyone else...makes sense to me.

It's not a scam if thats what you may be implying...no money involved whatsoever...just asking people to share Blen's story.
Because the original post leads one to think you are his mother..
If what you posted was something his Mom has said/published you just needed to be clearer

In any case my prayers for his Mom & family. I certainly hope they see justice served

Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM

Thank you! I just sent her a link so she can view your comment.

Next posting will make sure to specify...

Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal83 View Post
Joan is his mother and she wrote the information for me to promote.
Ok that clears it up..again I do hope they see justice served....

Old 07-15-2010, 01:27 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Why all the nit picking? This is sad and tragic. Why has this person not been prosecuted?
My heart goes out to this family.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:34 PM

Thank you Sheena,

Sherrie Long has not been prosecuted because they waited so long to have a trial that two of their key witnessed pass away. Because her boyfriend refused to file charges for stabbing him, they cannot use the evidence from that case in Blen's. There are a lot of excuses but what it comes down to is that they originally had everything they needed but didn't move fast enough.

The case is pending and both Sherrie and Roger have these charges on their records. Unfortunately, unless something big happens, they may never see a court room in this case.

This is why I am seeking support. We hope that his story will have an impact on people's lives enough that the prosecution will work a bit harder to give him the justice he deserves. I also want the community of Dillon to be aware of the danger that lurks among them. She has done it twice now, she will probably do it again.

Thank you for the support Sheena! It means a lot to me and Blen's family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime