Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2023, 07:33 PM

2,050 posts, read 993,379 times

Advertisements

This thread just took me down an internet rabbit hole, where I found a detailed article about the murder of a guy I was briefly associated with during high school. Turns out when he was 20 he had some issues that led to one of his friends killing him with repeated hatchet blows to the head, and his body was dumped near a pond and set on fire. The charred body was found with the hatchet still embedded in his skull. My memories of him aren't fond and I can see why he was eliminated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2023, 05:03 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,503,893 times
If a person is abused so much in a mental health facility (where the director went to prison later) that they kill themselves, yes.

If a person was killed by someone who got a gun who was mentally ill, yes.

If a person was killed in a mass shooting, yes.

I'm old, perhaps that is a result of age.

Old 12-24-2023, 07:26 PM

927 posts, read 969,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
This thread just took me down an internet rabbit hole, where I found a detailed article about the murder of a guy I was briefly associated with during high school. Turns out when he was 20 he had some issues that led to one of his friends killing him with repeated hatchet blows to the head, and his body was dumped near a pond and set on fire. The charred body was found with the hatchet still embedded in his skull. My memories of him aren't fond and I can see why he was eliminated.

Nice friends.

Old 12-27-2023, 05:00 PM

116 posts, read 35,390 times
I graduated from The Ohio State University with a guy who was childhood friends with George Huguely.

He danced with Huguely's older sister while in high school.

George Huguely was the Former UVA Lacrosse Player who killed his UVA Lacrosse Girlfriend Yeardley Love. Ironically, he got arrested towards the end of my Sophmore Year at OSU and 6 weeks before my first wedding.

George Huguely had alcholic issues and killed his girlfriend on a violent drunken rage. He got second degree murder and is expected to be released in 2030.

He committed the crime in May of 2010. He was a few weeks away from graduation.

He ended up getting his degree from Ohio U. in prison.

Old 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM

2,070 posts, read 890,540 times
A close friend lived next door to ramon salcido.

> He was convicted for the 1989 murders of six female family members and one male supervisor at his workplace. His victims included his wife and two of his daughters, four-year-old Sofía and 22-month-old Teresa. A third daughter, three-year-old Carmina, was left lying in a field beside the bodies of her sisters for thirty-six hours after being slashed across the throat by her father but was eventually rescued.

Details
> On April 14, 1989, after a night of drinking and snorting cocaine, Ramon Salcido drove his three young daughters to a county dump, slashed their throats, and threw them into a ditch, killing Sofia and Teresa; Carmina survived. Salcido then drove to Cotati, California, where he killed his mother-in-law and her two daughters. He then returned to his home in Boyes Hot Springs, where he shot his wife, Angela Salcido. He then went to the Grand Cru winery, his place of employment, where he killed a co-worker, Tracey Toovey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Salcido

Old 04-09-2024, 09:11 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,243,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
I am sorry to hear that about your friend. Wasn't this story on 20/20, Dateline?

Back in late 2000s, we really considered moving there permanently because we loved New Orleans. For me the job market and education were issues, but I think we could have overcome those issues, maybe. Then Katrina hit and a massive rebuilding effort followed. The one issue that was a constant was crime especially if we considered as we age. And I heard alot of stories about the police, they did not play and there were numerous stories of low pay and corruption. All that considered we changed plans. It's a beautiful city and sadly it did not work out.
Thanks. No, this is a story from 1994 when I was a Junior in HS in the city. Heres the link to a story with his sister: https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/2...f-bc09eba88c74

It was covered by the news in N.O. because of the fact it was a cop that was witnessed committing murder. The cops brother, who was a friend of my friends brother who was shot and killed, was actually released from prison in the last couple years due to the law stating that any juveniles given life back then was unjust and cruel punishment.

The cops in NOLA have always been corrupt, for a number of economic and social (racial) reasons. They were complicit in drug trade in most every district, murders, other assaults, etc. People only like to attribute it to one or 2 bad aples like Lynn Davis, Antoinette Frank, and Eldon Williams the dude who killed my friend. From a racial standpoint, and I hate to point it out but it actually helps frame the context of not only what you commented but me as well, you can recall when Marc Morial as the mayor created the rule under his administration that city cops had to live in ORLEANS PARISH. He did so because of the rampant misconduct, corruption and rights violations perpetuated by the NOPD. The vitriolic response garnered back then in the 90s from them is the same today when there is an attempt to hold Police accountable.

Old 04-09-2024, 10:59 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Both my wife and I both took several undergraduate classes from a professor of Psychology, and in fact met in his class and started dating in 1971. We noted at the time that he seemed unusually close to his attractive young female graduate assistant. About two years after I graduated, there was an article in the paper that he had been arrested for killing his wife. He claimed to have come home and found her to have been killed by an intruder and show the police the broken glass from the door, but . . .the glass was on the outside of the door.

Old 04-09-2024, 11:05 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,039,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffie View Post
a client of mine was murdered. My uncle was murdered. My other uncle and grandmother were murdered. And my dad and another client were shot in the face but survived.
dayummmm............yall in the mob or something? Wow

Old 04-09-2024, 11:12 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,039,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Did the younger brother ever tell anybody what his brother said to his dad to make him that mad? You just have to wonder.

20yrsinBranson
What? No verbal smacking or dissing anyone should even ever come close to making someone that mad.That's not anger that's "crazy insane bull****". That guy was going to come unglued sooner or later. Nothing anyone can say to make you do stuff like that.

Old 04-09-2024, 11:29 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Kid I hung around with up until about 15 when he moved away apparently murdered someone during a home invasion.

Really messed up home life, mostly lived with his grandma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime