Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times

Advertisements

The John Next Door - Print View - The Daily Beast

VERY disheartening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 03:53 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
I don't understand who cares about the John's and the prostitutes....maybe it is my European background where it is legal and prostitutes pay taxes

As long as both are doing it out of free will, who cares, and adults...my mom used to say"the risk of losing a husband to a prostitute is smaller then to a mistress"....not that we ever knew if my dad ever went to a prostitute but I doubt it and after over 50 years they are still together

Old 08-04-2011, 01:13 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,610 times
^^^ The US needs to de-criminalize prostitution and insure that under age girls are not forced into this way of life. But if an adult woman chooses this, that's her look out. As for the Johns, again..who cares?

Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM

Because it is NOT legal, the hooker has no incentive at all to report a dangerous john. And everyone knows how popular prostitutes are as targets of people who want to take advantage of that fact.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:22 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I get the fact that it is wrong to traffic children. I also get the fact that it is wrong to purchase sex. I for one have never participated in that kind of transaction. I do remember being at a party and some guy was saying he could provide party favors if we all wanted. He claimed to be able to get us anything from 8 to 80. For one I was thinking that the party had plenty of party favors allready there and secondly I am married.

I did read another article on women that use men to pay off their student loans and other debts. These girls look for so called sugar daddys to help them out. Funny how that is OK but being a prostitute is not. Isn't it one and the same, just on a differant level? Also saw a news story on how women many of them married were becoming prostitutes to help pay the bills.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:28 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post

I did read another article on women that use men to pay off their student loans and other debts. These girls look for so called sugar daddys to help them out. Funny how that is OK but being a prostitute is not. Isn't it one and the same, just on a differant level? Also saw a news story on how women many of them married were becoming prostitutes to help pay the bills.
I feel the same way. Why is one okay and one isn't?

I worked on a Navy base. The prostitutes who worked the local bars and streets were needed and appreciated. A couple of them lived in my neighborhood and had kids. It was what they did to take care of their families. No one cared or judged them for it. (No....neither one of them were even slightly attractive....)

I do feel sorry for women who get into the pimp thing....I think this is usually those who have drug addictions. IF they want out of this lifestyle though, there is help organizations/ministries available.

People who engage in ANY kind of child sex trafficking should be shot on sight. No excuse is acceptable.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
The posted article referred to in the first post of this thread is disingenuous & truly not to be believed. The author wrote this article based upon the work of a noted neo-feminist who simply believes all men are pigs. How else do you come up with stats like "16%-80% of all men buy sex". The stats in the article are twisted and don't begin to approach reality.

Here are some facts; less than 3.5% of all prostitutes in the US are underage and the average age of an underage prostitute in the US is 17. That's above the age of consent in most states except for the few that show 18 as the age of consent. I don't deny that some trafficking does exist but it is out of the ordinary & rare compared to the way it's portrayed in the article. I read this article and commented on it when it first appeared in Newsweek several weeks ago. Based upon my comments, I was attacked by a group of young neo-feminists who called me a pig and accused me of raping 10 year olds. Intelligent discourse???? I think not.

This is the work of women who cannot stand the fact that there are many women who enjoy the same sexual desires as men and who see no shame in that. These women need to get a life and stop worrying about what others choose to do with their lives.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
I think it should be legalized and TAXED! In addition health screening should be mandatory monthly to check for STDs and age limit either 18 but I think 21 is better like drinking. Quarterly tax reports, W-2 forms, medical reports on file, age verification, a legal endeavor. This could be Obama's swan song ... creating jobs.

The expensive call girl operations probably don't pay any taxes. Heidi Fleiss, the Hollywood Madam was pulling in mega bucks. Remember the Manhattan Madam and the Governor of NY. These women went for a $1000.00 an hour. The NY Gov spent more than $95,000.00 at that ho' house.

I watched a reality cop show on TV. The one I watched had female officers dress up like prostitutes for sting operations. They were wired and out on the streets. This was entrapment to me ... they arrested old men ... one guy was 70 years old! It seems to me LEO could put their time to better use.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM

If it were legalized and taxed, it would be regulated, too. HJookwers would keep their own money instead of handing it over to a pimp named Zorro who's going to beat the crap out of her for her pains. Regulation would spare a lot of misery for kids being trafficked, I hope.

But America is far too puritanical to allow legalization to happen.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
The posted article referred to in the first post of this thread is disingenuous & truly not to be believed. The author wrote this article based upon the work of a noted neo-feminist who simply believes all men are pigs. How else do you come up with stats like "16%-80% of all men buy sex". The stats in the article are twisted and don't begin to approach reality.

Here are some facts; less than 3.5% of all prostitutes in the US are underage and the average age of an underage prostitute in the US is 17. That's above the age of consent in most states except for the few that show 18 as the age of consent. I don't deny that some trafficking does exist but it is out of the ordinary & rare compared to the way it's portrayed in the article. I read this article and commented on it when it first appeared in Newsweek several weeks ago. Based upon my comments, I was attacked by a group of young neo-feminists who called me a pig and accused me of raping 10 year olds. Intelligent discourse???? I think not.

This is the work of women who cannot stand the fact that there are many women who enjoy the same sexual desires as men and who see no shame in that. These women need to get a life and stop worrying about what others choose to do with their lives.

Funny how you "know" what goes on in peoples minds.

Most prostitutes are addicted to drugs and are not of "free mind and spirit". The real solution in more available addiction services since jail generally fails to stop drug abuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime