Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

[
Quote:
quote=Dd714;20616830]Huh? They? Who was tried? Only one person - Casey Anthony was on trial. And yes she can not be tried again in a criminal court for her daughter's death.
The other Anthony's can of course be tried in a criminal and civil court for any offense regarding their granddaughter (but - I think we all agree that Casey alone was responsible for her daughter's death).[/quote]
Unfortunantly not everyone here agrees

Old 08-26-2011, 10:19 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I lived in the Orlando area when this whole tragedy unfolded in the days when there were hopes of finding the child alive and when they were crushed and when the medical examiner with tears in her eyes and a catch in her throat announced her findings...I heard the news day in and day out. I stopped listening WAY back then. I couldn't take anymore. I can't imagine having to listen to the trial. The news in Orlando was more then I could personally take. You literally could NOT turn on the news without having to hear something about it. It was more then I could stand.

All the time I asked myself, why would anyone do something so senseless to such a defenseless little child?? Especially when there are so many people out there who would have taken her.

You look at the pictures of Casey out partying just after Caley was killed and her body dumped but before the body was found and tell me she isn't a sociopath. She is out there dancing and drinking without a care in the world.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:05 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I'm not trying to be off topic, but I found it pretty darn ironic that the local couple who's python killed their 2 year old, with no malice or premeditation on their part, they were DEVASTATED...not partying afterwards, actually got 12 year prison sentences.

I mean, what they did was stupid and negligent....but then some lying piece of crap like Casey goes free. The judicial system is cracking somewhere.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:40 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Dr. Phil is really dissappointing. He is now going the road of "Maury Povich" and "Jerry Springer"...He has the opportunity to take the high road, and ignore the trailer trash crowd, but instead, he just wants to be in the muck and mire of it...There are so many uplifting things he could be discussing, and tackling social issues...instead, he wants to appeal to the mass market, crass, and easy bucks. I have no desire to watch these social parasites, or hear about their dysfunctional, socio-path daughter. And don't even go with all the pictures, and crocodile tears about Caylee...she was a pawn in the control game with Casey.
They need to earn money to pay for the liar's college education.
Isn't that what "good" parents do?
We all know what "good" parents they are, now don't we?
To lie for the whacko seems to be the new definition of a "good" parent.
Everybody who watches is chipping in to send the murderer to college in my opinion.
By the way, WHO IS Caylee Anthony???
Seems the answer to that question is, nothing and nobody.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:55 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm not trying to be off topic, but I found it pretty darn ironic that the local couple who's python killed their 2 year old, with no malice or premeditation on their part, they were DEVASTATED...not partying afterwards, actually got 12 year prison sentences.

I mean, what they did was stupid and negligent....but then some lying piece of crap like Casey goes free. The judicial system is cracking somewhere.
Because Casey Anthony got a stupid and negligent jury.
You can't blame them completely though because everybody was allowed to lie to them.
That is where the crack comes in, just get up there and lie. It is allowed.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:

Thats why the jury system needs revision. That jury on casey case clearly were a group of easily led sheep- will never forget the lame quote by that ford girl, ..."we didnt know the who what where when why and how"...of how Caylee was killed

...lol under her line of thought all of San Quentin would be set free for lack of evidence....unbelievable stupidity

Old 08-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
What would be interesting would be to see how many hours of CSI, NCIS, L&O etc. etc. that each one had watched in their lifetime.
Probably a lot since most were unemployed or retired..one of them during selection said she spent most of her day playing "Farmville" on facebook . sad commentary.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:44 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:

Yes and they blamed the anger over the casey anthony case for their sentence and conviction. It may SOUND ridiculous but I do believe there COULD be some merit to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
They need to earn money to pay for the liar's college education.
Isn't that what "good" parents do?
We all know what "good" parents they are, now don't we?
To lie for the whacko seems to be the new definition of a "good" parent.
Everybody who watches is chipping in to send the murderer to college in my opinion.
By the way, WHO IS Caylee Anthony???
Seems the answer to that question is, nothing and nobody.
Your source please? What do you know that I don't that would lead you to believe the parents are paying for her college?

Check your facts. The money for that interview is going to charity. Yes it is THEIR charity, but to charity all the same.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:25 PM

At this point they should all lay low. At first people felt sorry for Cindy, when she broke down on the stand, etc. However, public tide has turned....they lied to everyone.

And poor Caylee had no voice. I'd be ashamed to be related to anyone in that family and will not contribute anything, buying books etc. Hope that Tim Miller or the lost childrens search firm gets a civil judgment against them...all those people searching, while the family (Cindy and possibly George) sat home knowing Caylee was dead. That is just insane behavior.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
I am going to watch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime