Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:55 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,966,721 times

Advertisements

Casey Anthony Costs of Prosecution and Investigation

Hearing is scheduled for 9:00 AM Friday August 25, 2011
Judicial Officer Belvin Perry, Jr

In Session announced they will be live in the courtroom for this hearing. If they allow In Session cameras in the local Orlando TV stations will probably be there too.

Linda Drane Burdick and Jose will face off again. This hearing is still on the docket but Jose has filed an appeal on the four guilty verdicts of lying for Casey. Since (gag) she was found not guilty on the other charges the state can only recoup money spent from the four guilty lying charges.

Hearing in the Zenaida Gonzalez case set for next week
Thursday, Sept. 1 at 8:30 a.m.

It appears Florida is moving along fast with these hearings. Perhaps Casey has received some money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 03:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Casey Anthony Costs of Prosecution and Investigation

Hearing is scheduled for 9:00 AM Friday August 25, 2011
Judicial Officer Belvin Perry, Jr

In Session announced they will be live in the courtroom for this hearing. If they allow In Session cameras in the local Orlando TV stations will probably be there too.

Linda Drane Burdick and Jose will face off again. This hearing is still on the docket but Jose has filed an appeal on the four guilty verdicts of lying for Casey. Since (gag) she was found not guilty on the other charges the state can only recoup money spent from the four guilty lying charges.

Thursday, Sept. 1 at 8:30 a.m.

It appears Florida is moving along fast with these hearings. Perhaps Casey has received some money.

Will there be a jury? If so, that is what likely explains how fast they are moving. They want to get this thing rolloing while people are still outraged.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:40 PM

The cost of prosecution and investigation hearing tomorrow has been canceled and now will be held September 2.

Baez did file an appeal on the guilty verdict of lying of LEO but that is not the reason for the rescheduling. His appeal says it's one continuous lie not four lies.

The Fifth District Court of Appeals relinquished jurisdiction BACK to the Circuit Court and Judge Perry for 30 days, until the assessment for costs of prosecution/investigation is resolved.

The 5th District Court of Appeals won't be looking at Baez's lying appeal for Casey until Judge Perry rules at the hearing on costs.

The delay could be because Linda Drane Burdick filed a 'supplemental witness list' (Melich and Allen) today. Cheney & Lisabeth are crying that they need more time now to depose them.

Lisabeth has filed all of the appeals for Casey so perhaps Cheney and Jose are letting her handle this ... but since the court is allowing cameras I am sure Jose will be there.

There will be witnesses but no jury from what I have read.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:22 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
................ His appeal says it's one continuous lie not four lies.

I'm with you. It's hard to pick whether to laugh or be nauseated over his stupid statement.

She reported for probation yesterday evening (Aug 24). No one has made any official statements yet.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
His appeal says it's one continuous lie not four lies.
Oh for crying out loud. What a load of...horse...puckey. Just accept the stupid charges and let's get ON with it. I'm about sick to death of hearing Casey Anthony's name...along with George and Cindy.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:30 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
who cares!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Thanks CarolinaWomen for keeping us updated!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Thanks CarolinaWomen for keeping us updated!!!
YW

The 5th District Appeals Court ruling on the appeal for the 4 guilty charges for lying amazed me. Allowing Judge Perry 30 days to resolve the cost issues. I sincerely hope Judge Perry will rule in favor of the state on the investigation charges.

In the Zenaida Gonzalez civil case against Casey she has a court appointed lawyer ... still on the Florida taxpayers dollar. She has to pay the probation office a monthly fee ... supposedly she is going to college online ... she didn't graduate from high school ... no GED ... going to college online costs money too. It seems she is still living in her imaginary world.

I am not familiar with being declared indigent ... I have had to work all my life. How does one become un-indigent (?) don't know if that is a word or not. I wouldn't think being declared indigent would be a forever thing.

Baez probably received the money for the TMZ pictures of Casey in Ohio and is doling it out to her ... less his cut of course.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
YW

The 5th District Appeals Court ruling on the appeal for the 4 guilty charges for lying amazed me. Allowing Judge Perry 30 days to resolve the cost issues. I sincerely hope Judge Perry will rule in favor of the state on the investigation charges.

In the Zenaida Gonzalez civil case against Casey she has a court appointed lawyer ... still on the Florida taxpayers dollar. She has to pay the probation office a monthly fee ... supposedly she is going to college online ... she didn't graduate from high school ... no GED ... going to college online costs money too. It seems she is still living in her imaginary world.

I am not familiar with being declared indigent ... I have had to work all my life. How does one become un-indigent (?) don't know if that is a word or not. I wouldn't think being declared indigent would be a forever thing.

Baez probably received the money for the TMZ pictures of Casey in Ohio and is doling it out to her ... less his cut of course.
I think being declared indigent is just temporary. It's kinda like bankruptcy, it gets you out of paying your bills at that time

Old 08-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Casey's Lawyers Depose Witnesses In Investigation Costs

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s lawyers are deposing witnesses on Monday over how much she will have to pay for the investigation and prosecution because of her lies to investigators.

The total the state wants her to pay is $515,000. The defense has said it will put up a fight.

The jury convicted Casey of four counts of lying to investigators.

A hearing is scheduled for Friday morning when Chief Judge Belvin Perry will consider how much she'll have to pay.

Casey's Lawyers Depose Witnesses In Investigation Costs - News Story - WFTV Orlando
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime