Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:31 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Debra Bradley was so drunk she can't remember when the last time was she checked on her baby or what she was wearing, her kids should have been taken too. In fact at this point, no one knows who saw the child last other than the mother. She could have been gone for days before they reported her missing.
Correction, Deborah says she was drunk. Since she lies so much and has 436 versions of the story of that night, it probably should not be stated as a fact. I believe she was drinking, but drunk? Blacked out? Who knows? The "possible blackout" is likely a convenient cover story cooked up by Tacopina.

Jerice (Jesse's mother - I know that's the wrong spelling, but I'm going with it anyway), has had her other children removed from her care due to child abuse. She was supposedly rehabilitated and then the children were returned.

While I think the grandmother has some valid points (much less media coverage about Jesse), she does acknowledge that there is a possibility that Jerice could have been involved. But she asks for LE to do what they are supposed to be doing, rather than ignoring and not communicating about this case. However, if I were her, I would use the national media time to focus on the MISSING CHILD specifically. I would raise the concerns about race parity later - that shouldn't be the point right now, IMO.

I hope Jesse is ok, but I am very concerned based on the mom's history and the aunt's statements about Jerice possibly abusing Jesse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Correction, Deborah says she was drunk. Since she lies so much and has 436 versions of the story of that night, it probably should not be stated as a fact. I believe she was drinking, but drunk? Blacked out? Who knows? The "possible blackout" is likely a convenient cover story cooked up by Tacopina.

Jerice (Jesse's mother - I know that's the wrong spelling, but I'm going with it anyway), has had her other children removed from her care due to child abuse. She was supposedly rehabilitated and then the children were returned.

While I think the grandmother has some valid points (much less media coverage about Jesse), she does acknowledge that there is a possibility that Jerice could have been involved. But she asks for LE to do what they are supposed to be doing, rather than ignoring and not communicating about this case. However, if I were her, I would use the national media time to focus on the MISSING CHILD specifically. I would raise the concerns about race parity later - that shouldn't be the point right now, IMO.

I hope Jesse is ok, but I am very concerned based on the mom's history and the aunt's statements about Jerice possibly abusing Jesse.
Agreed, its a smoke screen and not the issue at hand.

But, where our opinion will differ, a half of a box of wine IMO is drunk, whether Debra Bradley wants to admit it or not, makes no difference. Debra Bradley isn't much different from Jhesseys mom.

Whether a new case or ones thats been previously investigated, if criteria is met, then its met and reason to remove the kids.

Debra Bradley is so lawyered up, they ain't gonna touch it.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
After hearing about this POS Mom, I can't believe this woman was allowed to have kids again. Sure, prison for felony child abuse is such a great environment for rehabilitation. This kid never had a chance. Either the Mom killed her, or she ran away from the abuse and got picked up by someone who had been "grooming" her to snatch her. No one cared about her. Because if they had, she would not have been with an abusive Mother. Slap the crying "Grandmother", she is part of the problem here.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:40 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Yes missing black women and children are under-reported in the media...it maybe racism or it could be the oldest reason in the book...Greed...the media report on what gets them the highest ratings($$$)!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Basically, the more of a stink the family raises, the more news coverage. People with more resources -- middle-class families -- can raise more stink. They are also a lot more likely to know others who can raise more stink and keep a case going, like the local sheriff or a county commissioner or something.

Does anyone but me remember a string of child murders in Detroit in the late 1970s? Kindergarteners through second graders were disappearing on their way to school. Some later turned up dead. Most of them only had to make it a single block from home. As far as I know, none of those killings was ever solved. It's been totally forgotten, but the Oakland County Child murders, which were happening about the same time and also never solved, get a yearly retrospective on the news, and the FBI even did a special operators-are-standing-by tip collection event when they thought they finally had a suspect. A guy who works in child advocacy was on the front pages recently saying he thinks his dad is the Oakland County Child Killer. What's the difference? The four Oakland County kids were upper-middle-class and white. The seven kids killed downtown -- and now totally forgotten -- were not.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Basically, the more of a stink the family raises, the more news coverage. People with more resources -- middle-class families -- can raise more stink. They are also a lot more likely to know others who can raise more stink and keep a case going, like the local sheriff or a county commissioner or something.

Does anyone but me remember a string of child murders in Detroit in the late 1970s? Kindergarteners through second graders were disappearing on their way to school. Some later turned up dead. Most of them only had to make it a single block from home. As far as I know, none of those killings was ever solved. It's been totally forgotten, but the Oakland County Child murders, which were happening about the same time and also never solved, get a yearly retrospective on the news, and the FBI even did a special operators-are-standing-by tip collection event when they thought they finally had a suspect. A guy who works in child advocacy was on the front pages recently saying he thinks his dad is the Oakland County Child Killer. What's the difference? The four Oakland County kids were upper-middle-class and white. The seven kids killed downtown -- and now totally forgotten -- were not.
I wonder what the response would be if Nancy Grace latched on to Jhessey Shockley's mom like a bulldog and savaged her like she has others in the past?

Dig up her past, look at her family....really drag her through the mud like she does to everyone. Call them scum, harp about her abuse history, how many kids from how many men? Where are the fathers? Blah blah blah....

That's a very very dangerous route to go for anyone, especially a media source.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM

the parents were never under suspicion in the cases I'm thinking of. And this was well into the Phil and Oprah Era. But years before Jerry Springer.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
the parents were never under suspicion in the cases I'm thinking of. And this was well into the Phil and Oprah Era. But years before Jerry Springer.
They never would have caught BTK if he hadn't started up again.

They did catch the Atlanta child murderer....and Dahmer. (After horrible horrible policework early on.)

I don't doubt some of your comments, it's hard to quantify though.

Without question, the early 70's were a lot more racist than the modern day though. I absolutely agree that quite possibly played a part in some of the cases of the day.

However, back to my comments about Jhessey's mom. I'm going to come right out and say that if you run her through the same ringer that casey anthony went through in the media, you run the risk of being called racist in this day and age.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Jhessye Shockley's Mom Should Be Treated Like She's Guilty

The case of missing child Jhessye Shockley has given us one sad and shocking twist at a time. Get ready for one more: Jhessye's mom, Jerice Hunter, has apparently given birth to another child. And Arizona Central is reporting that child protective services in Arizona have already taken the baby girl away, even as police maintain Jerice is not a suspect in her 5-year-old daughter's disappearance.

Jhessye Shockley's Mom Should Be Treated Like She's Guilty | The Stir

Apparently this mother is not exactly the Good Housekeeping Mother of the Year type.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:15 AM

The thing is, if she was truly that plastered for that long, ANYTHING could have happened. Including a caring relative taking Jhessey in. But it sure doesn't look that way from here. It looks like something terrible has happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime