Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

I did sort of wonder about the drama/hysterics. Of the girl, I mean, she knew it was being video taped. However, even so, there is nothing my daughter could say or do to make me act that sadistically. Great, she could video tape being sent to her room. Not a lot of drama there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Disgusting....hes mental, a judge in child abuse cases.

Good for his daughter, I applaud her for having the courage to release the tape.

"Mental"? He's a bunghole.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:59 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I did sort of wonder about the drama/hysterics. Of the girl, I mean, she knew it was being video taped. However, even so, there is nothing my daughter could say or do to make me act that sadistically. Great, she could video tape being sent to her room. Not a lot of drama there.
Was she aware of the recording defice at the time of the incident, or did she become aware at a later time?

It looks like an office, I'm wondering why the parents had a video recorder or hidden camera in the room?

Drama and hysterics? The man was completely out of control, how would you have expected her to act?

I'm disturbed by that comment Jasper, I wouldn't expect such a response from you.

Last edited by virgode; 11-15-2011 at 04:14 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
"Mental"? He's a bunghole.
To exempt himself and then get on Judges platform everyday, he would have to be afflicted mentally.

Not familar with "bunghole", I'll assume its derogatory term like "ahole" or "jackwagon".

Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nikita. View Post
It's also right when the judge is trying to get custody of his 10 year old child. When I was a child I fought through custody battles with an abusive father. I think she did a smart thing and helped her sibling out. The ability to expose him to the public for what he really is, while in the meantime hurting his chances for re-election, seems like a bonus to me.
Not to mention that she posted the vid on reddit.com, which is a political forum. That right there makes me not take her very seriously. Not to excuse what he did, just I don't think it took "courage" to do what she did and the way she went about it was less than honorable.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:18 PM

The New York Daily News by Ethan Sacks - November 2, 2011

Daughter says she posted 2004 footage on YouTube after pattern of abuse

Texas Judge William Adam is facing Texas justice after a video showing him severely beating his then-teenage daughter, who suffers from cerebral palsy, went viral. A Texas judge is being investigated over a shocking web video that appears to show him using a belt to whip his then 16-year-old daughter, who has cerebral palsy. Police in Rockport, Texas, called in the Texas Rangers, the state’s top lawmen, to investigate Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, after people complained about the video, The Associated Press reported. The video, uploaded to YouTube on Oct. 27 by a person who claimed to be Adams’ daughter, Hillary, shows a man berating and savagely beating a teenage girl with a belt. The man hits her in the legs and sides of her body. “Is it fun to disobey your mom and dad?" the man can be heard screaming as he unleashes a barrage of lashings. He became enraged when the girl refused to bend over to leave her buttocks exposed for a thrashing. “You don't deserve to be in this f----n house!” the man raged. A woman, whose face can’t be seen in the video but is believed to be Hillary Adams’ mother, yells at the girl to “turn over like a 16-year-old and take it!” At one point during the more than 7-minute-long video, the man leaves the room and returns with a second belt to continue the wicked assault. The confrontation was apparently sparked after Hillary Adams downloaded music files, something her parents had forbidden her to do. It is believed to have happened in 2004. The video was picked up late Tuesday on the website Reddit, leading it to go viral, with more than 600,000 people having viewed it. The Houston Chronicle reported Wednesday that authorities have confirmed the man in the video is Williams Adams. “Obviously, it is a very disturbing video. We in my office as well as everyone on earth is taking a look at it, at this time,” Aransas County Attorney Richard Bianchi told The Chronicle, confirming that the man in the video is Adams. Adams is a family law judge, who presides over child abuse cases, The AP reported. Aransas County Sheriff Bill Mills told the news service Wednesday that Judge Adams disconnected his phone lines because of a deluge of threatening calls. When confronted by a reporter for local KRIS-TV, the judge said: "It happened years ago. I apologized.” "It's not as bad as it looks on tape," he added. With News Wire Services - esacks@nydailynews.com

Correction... I believe she said, turn over and take it like a women.

Dismiss the severity...spoken like a true abuser.., both parents deserve everything they have coming to them.

Last edited by virgode; 11-15-2011 at 09:27 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 PM

Cerebral Palsy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001734/

Heres another out right lie by "Judge Adams", the outragous beating actually resulted after his daughter downloaded music from the computer, as you can hear the parents ranting about in the video.

Adams continued: "In my mind I have not done anything wrong other than discipline my child when she was caught stealing".

Last edited by virgode; 11-15-2011 at 10:42 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
No, sorry, I believe those parents were horrible. I just wondered if the girl knew a video was running...

No one should ever treat anyone like that.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 PM

To refresh your memory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 AM

506 posts, read 1,956,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Not to mention that she posted the vid on reddit.com, which is a political forum. That right there makes me not take her very seriously. Not to excuse what he did, just I don't think it took "courage" to do what she did and the way she went about it was less than honorable.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I think the timing was perfect on her part. I believe that ultimately the motivationw as so her 10 year old sibling would not be under his custody, but the fact that it coincides with his reelection is icing on the cake. Smart girl. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Also, I hate the fact that she is forgiving her mother from this . From the video, her mother is equally as abusive both physically and emotionally, and is downright cruel. She came in on her own to partake in the beatings; she was not coerced. If she is so easily manipulated, whose to say she won't do it again given the right circumstances. Both parents are to blame and need to own up to the horrible things they did here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime