Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

I was not impressed with Nancy Grace, not that I ever am...but they are basically on an agenda regarding sex offenders. The talking heads act like they have already solved the case...which is completely incorrect. There are so many variables in a case like this...and sometimes, it can be simply a crime of opportunity, done by a person who has had these types of thoughts, but never acted on them, until an opportunity presented itself. It could be a teen, who knows...or even like that case in England, some random kids...who kidnapped and tortured a toddler...

In regards to the above, in the Jessica Lunsford case, what is disturbing about that case, is that we "expect" sexual predators to "follow" rules? No one knew that guy was there...he did not register when he came to town...so, I think that whole registry is a joke. You could have a predator living across the street, who registered when he was released, but no one follows up on those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 02:10 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Two year old Bianca Jones is missing in Detroit ... her dad claims he was carjacked and Bianca was in her carseat in the backseat.

Bianca Jones Missing: Dad Pleads For 2-year-old Girl's Return

We have visibility on all these horrible crimes involving children via the internet. In the past we had no idea if a child was molested, kidnapped or murdered except via TV or newspapers (before internet) unless it was something local ... Susan Smith for instance ... worldwide attention to this case due to television. Casey Anthony worldwide attention to this case due to the internet and TV.

I don't know what criteria the television media uses to determine which child to showcase ... I did see the news on TV about Jorelys Rivera and may never hear another word about her case ... who knows.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:56 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Little Bianca's Dad was on Nancy Grace tonight...he wouldn't answer questions and had his lawyer with him...something just seems wrong!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Little Bianca's Dad was on Nancy Grace tonight...he wouldn't answer questions and had his lawyer with him...something just seems wrong!
I would bring my lawyer to if I were on that show....

Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 PM

Bianca's dad has seven children by seven different women!! According to this Detroit News article a protection order was filed March 10, 2011, by Lane's ex-wife claiming that Lane threatened their 2-year-old son. That protection order is still in place.

Metro and State | Tearful dad of missing girl: I'm being painted as 'bad guy' | The Detroit News (http://detnews.com/article/20111206/METRO/112060395/Dad-of-missing-girl-threatened-to-kill-son--ex-wife-claimed-in-court-filing#ixzz1fmqrVUhZ - broken link)

Once again I hope they find this beautiful child alive ... still hoping Baby Lisa is found alive too.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:01 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Looks like they got the SOB seems like between determining where she was killed, who had keys to the empty apartment and of course who matches the DNA it should be a pretty easy case. Does GA have the death penalty or are they more *progressive* like Wisconsin and just have him stabbed to death by refusing him protective custody?

GBI: Suspect in girl's slaying worked in apartment complex - CNN.com

Old 12-07-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Looks like they got the SOB seems like between determining where she was killed, who had keys to the empty apartment and of course who matches the DNA it should be a pretty easy case. Does GA have the death penalty or are they more *progressive* like Wisconsin and just have him stabbed to death by refusing him protective custody?

GBI: Suspect in girl's slaying worked in apartment complex - CNN.com
Thanks ... that was quick and good news. Yes, Georgia has the death penalty ... Troy Davis was executed recently among big fanfare and protests.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Interesting. As I thought, above, a young person, without a record. Crime of opportunity. So much for the "Nancy Grace" lynch mob for all registered offenders.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:45 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Thanks ... that was quick and good news. Yes, Georgia has the death penalty ... Troy Davis was executed recently among big fanfare and protests.
Good to know.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,936,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting. As I thought, above, a young person, without a record. Crime of opportunity. So much for the "Nancy Grace" lynch mob for all registered offenders.
Actually the detectives indicated that it looked like the crime had been "planned and calculated" - creepy. They are looking into other places that this guy has lived to see if there are other crimes that he is linked to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime