Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry for your loss, sugar.

Baby Ayla's mother had just filed for sole custody the day before Ayla went missing. That tell everyone what is going on. I'm praying the baby is alive and it's not a "I can't have her, you can't either" case.

As of last night, the father is now missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 11:40 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, sugar.

Baby Ayla's mother had just filed for sole custody the day before Ayla went missing. That tell everyone what is going on. I'm praying the baby is alive and it's not a "I can't have her, you can't either" case.

As of last night, the father is now missing.
The dad received custody in October while the mother was in rehab for substance abuse problems.

They have placed crime tape around the house so I assume they will search the house and property.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM

40 posts, read 148,049 times
Quite the contrary, random babies missing is becoming a norm and I am not even reading the articles anymore. Pretty sad what happens in the US.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
What I don't understand, like in the "Baby Lisa" case, there are no leads, so it just goes to the unsolved case drawer, and life goes on? No one is held accountable...a baby does not just "dissappear". I guess if there is no cooperation from parents, or push to keep searching...it just ends.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:07 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
I have seen so many horrible things done to children in my lifetime, especially working for EMS, that to relate them would break your heart; just to remember them tortures mine at times.

It is for this reason that I am soooo adamant about slow, torturous, and painful deaths for those who harm and kill children - always always for pure selfishness. An innocent child has no choice - and too many people think of children as accessories or legal weapons, not little people with feelings and rights. We used to say that their parents', guardians', and caretakers' attitudes were like the Doritos commercial - "Go ahead and crunch them - we'll make more".

The cops can only do so much - if nobody saw the child, or saw anyone taking him/her, or saw anything suspicious, the cops can work themselves to death looking and asking and digging and prying - but the bottom line is, no proof, no conviction. Trust me, it bothers them, sometimes to the point where they lose their own families and spouses, spending all of their time trying to find and get justice for the Lost Ones...

Tiny bodies are sooo easy to hide.

I have a special "Christmas Wish" for those who do these things to innocents. And if my soul burned in everlasting HELL for wishing it, it would be worth it, for it to come true. Fortunately, I don't believe in hell...

Old 12-25-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What I don't understand, like in the "Baby Lisa" case, there are no leads, so it just goes to the unsolved case drawer, and life goes on? No one is held accountable...a baby does not just "dissappear". I guess if there is no cooperation from parents, or push to keep searching...it just ends.

Maine Police Still Tracking Down Leads In Disappearance Of Ayla Reynolds « CBS Boston

What can you do with a baby in 24 hours that completly makes her disappear? I wonder if she's been dead a while and the mother filing for custody just made it come to the forefront?

Old 12-25-2011, 10:01 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maine Police Still Tracking Down Leads In Disappearance Of Ayla Reynolds « CBS Boston

What can you do with a baby in 24 hours that completly makes her disappear?
You do not want to know the answer to this.

Trust me, you don't.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
You do not want to know the answer to this.

Trust me, you don't.

No, I wouldn't want to really know. I was just "wondering out loud". After watching so much true crime stuff, I can imagine and that's not good either.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Police: Missing Maine Toddler Ayla Reynolds Was Abducted « CBS Boston

Yeah, abuducted to keep her from her mother! I don't believe a word the father says.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
This makes me ill, a 9 year old girl is missing. She was at a male nieghbor's house, and the "story" sounds pretty biazarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime