Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
The school board moved to terminate him, but he was subsequently allowd to resign. So he gets to keep his pension. Well isn't that nice?

F***er needs to be taken care of in jail.
Who cares if he gets to keep his pension? A pension doesn't do much good behind bars. He's charged with 23 counts which means that even with some sort of plea bargain, he'll end up pleading guilty to at least 5 counts. 5 counts of lewd acts on a minor under 14 in CA could easily add up to a 25+ year prison sentence, and considering the fact that he's 61, he'd likely die in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Who cares if he gets to keep his pension? A pension doesn't do much good behind bars. He's charged with 23 counts which means that even with some sort of plea bargain, he'll end up pleading guilty to at least 5 counts. 5 counts of lewd acts on a minor under 14 in CA could easily add up to a 25+ year prison sentence, and considering the fact that he's 61, he'd likely die in prison.
Who cares? The taxpayers, that's who cares. Considering he did this on the job, especially. He should have been fired and not allowed to resign.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
Quote:
It was mentioned on a radio interview today with a detective that the children never felt victimized because they were "playing a game" and were rewarded with cookies for playing. The cookies had the perp's semen on them, too. Chances are, they never knew they were being used in such a way. Even though the perp never touched them sexually (that they know of), the acts of ingesting the semen are regarded as sexual molestation in a legal standpoint.

As the story broke all day today with all the details, my stomach started to churn. Thought I was going to vomit.
Hopefully someone will take care of this pos

Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,078,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The story mentions nothing about the childrens reactions. How do you know they will be scarred for life? Children are amazingly resilient. I predict that many will go on to lead very happy fulfilled lives.
Thank you!
let's not keep these kids in victim mode. If we repeatedly tell sex abuse survivors that they are victims who will be scarred or screwed up for life, that's what they will come to believe.
We need to tell them, "yes, something awful happened, but you are strong enough to overcome it, and LIVE your life!" I'm glad I didn't have the media moguls and "self help" gurus continually spouting "victimization" when I was growing up and overcoming my abuse

Old 02-01-2012, 02:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
^^^I agree, kids need to be protected from being victimized again, by the trial and police, social workers...

What is creepy about this whole thing...is there are 23 counts they can "prove"...that means he probably did this to 100's of children in his career. Who knows what he did?

I agree, he should have been put on leave without pay, and terminated.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
^^^I agree, kids need to be protected from being victimized again, by the trial and police, social workers...

What is creepy about this whole thing...is there are 23 counts they can "prove"...that means he probably did this to 100's of children in his career. Who knows what he did?

I agree, he should have been put on leave without pay, and terminated.
They're trying to find 10 more kids in those photos that have not been id'd yet. This occurred, that they can determine, betwen 2005 and 2010. However, he worked for the district for 30 years, so who knows how many victims there may have been in that span of time. I did hear on the news that 5 more potential victims have come up.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:04 PM

29 posts, read 59,388 times
Another video...

Carolyn Costello - Sick Ass Teacher - KTLA (01-31-12) - YouTube

Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
No one mentioned the cockroaches! Ewww!!!

I hate cockroaches!!!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:00 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,118 times
Quote:
It was mentioned on a radio interview today with a detective that the children never felt victimized because they were "playing a game" and were rewarded with cookies for playing. The cookies had the perp's semen on them, too. Chances are, they never knew they were being used in such a way. Even though the perp never touched them sexually (that they know of), the acts of ingesting the semen are regarded as sexual molestation in a legal standpoint.

As the story broke all day today with all the details, my stomach started to churn. Thought I was going to vomit.
That is disgusting, my stomach doesn't feel well after reading that.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Yet another reason why the LAUSD should be broken up.
The superiors and co-workers of this sicko had to have been aware of his activities. Much like the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, they covered up his foul deeds.
Not only should this bastard be behind bars for life (and hopefully he will be murdered in jail) but those in charge should be indicted for the coverup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime