Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:42 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times

Advertisements

Drugs are not victimless and the pushers of illicit drugs are the lowest of the low, they ruin lives and kill people for money.

I'll probably get hammered for this but Singapore has effective drug laws.

Singapore's policy keeps drugs at bay | Michael Teo | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Quote:
With all these efforts, Singapore has one of the lowest prevalence of drug abuse worldwide, even though it has not been entirely eliminated. Over two decades, the number of drug abusers arrested each year has declined by two-thirds, from over 6,000 in the early 1990s (http://www.cnb.gov.sg/drugs/drugsituationreport/drugsituationreport2006.aspx - broken link) to about 2,000 last year (http://www.cnb.gov.sg/drugs/drugsituationreport/drugsituationreport2009.aspx - broken link). Fewer than two in 10 abusers released from prison or drug rehabilitation centres relapse within two years. We do not have traffickers pushing drugs openly in the streets, nor do we need to run needle exchange centres. Because of our strict laws, Singapore does not have to contend with major drug syndicates linked to organised crime, unlike some other countries.
Maybe you think Singapore's drug laws are to strict but I don't, drugs kill, ruin lives and destroys civilization. If you disagree take a look at the before and after photos of drug abuse victims and think those people were once someone's brother, sister, daughter, wife or husband. Their lives destroyed for what?

I don't know how many of you have heard of it but there's a new drug coming out of Russia that sounds out of a John Carpenter movie.

Krokodil: Russia’s Designer Drug That Will Eat Your Flesh

Quote:
It sounds like a direct-to-Netflix horror movie plot — a cheap, addictive drug available in a foreign land, that turns the user's skin a scaly green color. Soon it rots the flesh, causing the user's skin to emulate that of a crocodile, leaving bone and muscle tissue exposed to the world. But the Russian drug known as krokodil is real.
Photos are not for the squeamish.

You have been warned. Seriously.

Seriously, Don't Use Krokodil

Feds are monitoring but luckily it doesn't appear that it will catch on in the United States.

DEA Monitors New Krokodil Drug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

I don't know how many of you have heard of it but there's a new drug coming out of Russia that sounds out of a John Carpenter movie.

Feds are monitoring but luckily it doesn't appear that it will catch on in the United States.
Goodness that is some nasty stuff ... is it cooked in homes/sheds/barns like Meth? The ingredients in meth is toxic but that Krokodil has to have something even worse in it than meth.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Seriously, Don't Use Krokodil

DEA Monitors New Krokodil Drug
Opiate pain management med abuse is pretty bad.

I hope they can keep it out of the country. They need to crack down on the physicians over prescribing and keep the problem here now under control.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:22 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
We have kudzu in the south ... kudzu grows up to 12 to 18 inches a night ... I always thought I could get rich cutting it, drying it out and bagging and selling it as marijuana .... if people buy such a toxic mixture as meth I am sure I could sell baggies of kudzu ... probably one time sales only bags and bags of kudzu. Hubby said some of my customers might do bodily harm to me when they don't get that high ... but who knows maybe kudzu provides a high!

Kudzu Covered Houses
Oh, my God! I live in the North East and have never seen the stuff. How do you kill it, wait until winter and chop it down? Is it difficult? It looks like English Ivy, which is a real struggle because it is green all year round where we are. My sympathies to the South.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Are you serious? Alcoholics spend half their time barfing up their socks. The thing is, being drunk is worth it to them, and their solution is getting more to drink.
Maybe they barf, but clearly the bad does not outweigh the good feelings as it does to most of us.

My teacher also said it seems to be genetic. Alcohol is a sugar and both alcoholism and diabetes seem to run in the same families.

Yeah, I know diabetes is on the rampage in the country, but that is because we overdo our diets in certain ways. We can also become alcoholic, building up our tolerance to the stuff by drinking regularly and upping the quantity from time to time.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,575 times
Hmmmmm.... There was lots of Meth at my high school in San Diego in the mid 80s, Hardly know anyone who did not use to some extent. I did Meth off and on from about 88 when I got out of the Army till I started getting really into rock climbing in about 94. I have fine teeth and skin and at 46 normaly pass for late 30s. Never really addicted and always took lots of breaks.

Probably being an active racing sailor, windsurfer, and climber kept me from being a complete addict. Seems to me not having a life makes it easy become an addict.
I knew lots of sailors who did the stuff now and then, great for overnight races, none were addicted.

I do not like snorting coke at all. Tried Crack/freebasing 2 or 3 times, I can see how people get hooked, was kind of fun but not my thing.

That said I have lost friends and loved ones to meth and do not doubt the dangers. In California "Home Made" meth is mostly a thing of the past, high end stuff from big labs in Mexico have replaced it making the situation worse.

Meth and crack are in my opinion the most dangerous drugs but no drug turns you in to an instant addict.

Well Red Wine is my drug of choice now although when I am in the Netherlands I do smoke a little Hash, and I take a Psychedelic trip maybe 1 once or twice a year.

Last edited by GER308; 02-17-2012 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,575 times
sorry double post

Last edited by GER308; 02-17-2012 at 04:30 AM.. Reason: double post

Old 02-19-2012, 02:18 AM

295 posts, read 554,894 times
i agree meth wil ruin your teeth and face but I have the notion that those photos are photo shopped and and the models before is what they still look like ....... I maybe wrong but i work in modeling industry and this has been done for anti heroin ads

Old 02-19-2012, 05:19 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times
I'd be very interested to see some of those photos.

I believe these [OP link] are genuine, retouched mugshots.

Last edited by Tantalust; 02-19-2012 at 05:28 AM..

Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Default I wish..

I never looked at the krokodil photos, Because I did and i cannot unsee it now.

It's like a bad sci-fi movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime