Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 04:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
When someone is on the edge, you back off and far off...they fully knew how unhinged she was by the car rammed in the house, the voice mails, etc. It was also their egos and the power plays/games they engaged in playing. They didn't deserve their demise, but you wonder what their thought processes were.

have to agree with you.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 09:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
When someone is on the edge, you back off and far off...they fully knew how unhinged she was by the car rammed in the house, the voice mails, etc. It was also their egos and the power plays/games they engaged in playing. They didn't deserve their demise, but you
wonder what their thought processes were.

I'd imagine the thoughts and actions of two narcissists (Dan & Betty); Linda were used by Dan as a messenger pigeon.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:14 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'd imagine the thoughts and actions of two narcissists (Dan & Betty); Linda were used by Dan as a messenger pigeon.

Ya, I never thought of it that way, but maybe you're right. But I've also heard Linda's reputation wasn't very sterling before Dan-- not sure how accurate that is. And, how dysfunctional was she before Dan, I don't know. She didn't deserve what she got no matter how she lived her life though.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Ya, I never thought of it that way, but maybe you're right. But I've also heard Linda's reputation wasn't very sterling before Dan-- not sure how accurate that is. And, how dysfunctional was she before Dan, I don't know. She didn't deserve what she got no matter how she lived her life though.
Whatever the gals issue, she wasn't to brite.
You never know, Betty may have ended their lives without much provocation.

Last edited by virgode; 04-26-2015 at 07:00 PM..

Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Neither Linda or Dan deserved to be brutally murdered but I do think they both had some hand in lighting Betty's very short fuse...

Old 04-28-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Neither Linda or Dan deserved to be brutally murdered but I do think they both had some hand in lighting Betty's very short fuse...
Just the car going through the front door would have been more than enough for me to get the hel* out of Dodge. I'm not gonna mess w/ some crazy ex like that. Anyone who watches the crime shows knows these ex's are dangerous and it can lead to what it led to. Him being a lawyer, too, gosh didn't he get it...and putting his new wife through all of it. And, her thinking he was worth it!!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:46 PM

Astonishing, I'll never understand why anyone as dangerous weren't placed in confinment by the court for evaluation. Maybe the judge were afraid he'd be next. Failure of the court system.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:53 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
When someone is on the edge, you back off and far off...they fully knew how unhinged she was by the car rammed in the house, the voice mails, etc. It was also their egos and the power plays/games they engaged in playing. They didn't deserve their demise, but you wonder what their thought processes were.
I know a woman like this in real wife, I've oft times described her as evil, she is the most evil person, I've ever known, and she pushes people....to the point of distruction....I wouldn't say this, if I hadn't had close dealings with her, but her husband hung himself....she knew he was suicidal....that very day, she was over to his apartment, stating that she intended to marry....they had 3 children together. She most definately had an agenda....so, no one knows what she said to him, however, that evening, she stated that she was worried about him and went back over, and found him....

Sorry, but after dealing with her and knowing her....and aware of what she does, even though Betty was so wrong, I can't help but think about how they drove her....and yes, you can absolutely drive people to the edge with words....

My story is a long story, however couldn't be more true....

Believe me, unless you've known someone like this, you cannot imagine....so perhaps your right, maybe the husband and girlfriend drove her and rode her, like this woman I know....she is absolutely sick....scheming and she's gotten away with it all these years.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I know a woman like this in real wife, I've oft times described her as evil, she is the most evil person, I've ever known, and she pushes people....to the point of distruction....I wouldn't say this, if I hadn't had close dealings with her, but her husband hung himself....she knew he was suicidal....that very day, she was over to his apartment, stating that she intended to marry....they had 3 children together. She most definately had an agenda....so, no one knows what she said to him, however, that evening, she stated that she was worried about him and went back over, and found him....

Sorry, but after dealing with her and knowing her....and aware of what she does, even though Betty was so wrong, I can't help but think about how they drove her....and yes, you can absolutely drive people to the edge with words....

My story is a long story, however couldn't be more true....

Believe me, unless you've known someone like this, you cannot imagine....so perhaps your right, maybe the husband and girlfriend drove her and rode her, like this woman I know....she is absolutely sick....scheming and she's gotten away with it all these years.
Sad, isn't it? Dan seemed a strong narcissist and Betty a masochist/victim type. The perfect storm I guess. Neither could back off from their pathology that played out. Imagine what the kids went through.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Astonishing, I'll never understand why anyone as dangerous weren't placed in confinment by the court for evaluation. Maybe the judge were afraid he'd be next. Failure of the court system.

Yup, you do wonder. She was threatening in words and deeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime