Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2017, 01:30 AM

164 posts, read 129,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'd go with that except for the reporter who said if anyone was near that house on the 26th,he would of seen them and shoved a camera in their face, plus the safe, I've seen dimensions at 2'x3', but I haven't seen the weight of the safe, which means it weighs anywhere from 20lbs to 170lbs. A little more or less, of course but if it's over 100lbs, that sucker is drawing major attention being carried out.
Ted Rowlands seems credible to me which messes up the time, doesn't it? You previously rejected the 3.5 hours it supposedly took to rob the Medina home. Ok. So, let's suppose you're right about that. If Todd and Pearce finished and left earlier, before 5 AM, it still could have happened on the 26th.

What we know is that Todd and Pearce weren't there in broad daylight (11:40 AM) on the 24th. And Diane Jackson didn't see them, because she saw 1. three men, not two, 2. Hispanic or Asian men, not Caucasian, and 3. a van, not a car. And 11:40 AM is way after the Peterson's dog was found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 01:43 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyesidid View Post
I do accept that. Amy declined Scott's invitation since she had plans to meet a friend from out of town, but Sharon Rocha wondered if he already knew of Amy's plans because of overhearing her when she already mentioned them.

I don't think if Amy had accepted the invitation for pizza, it would have gotten in the way of his plan to kill Laci at all. It's not like he was inviting Amy over to stay the night. It was just pizza, and would have been a convenient prelude to the alibi he was building which was to suggest everything was fine and normal.
True, but he also allowed the cops w/o a search warrant to search his home, his truck, and his warehouse. Obviously he isn't loaded with common sense, whether you're guilty or not, never let anyone search your home, or your car. Especially when you have a gun in the glovebox.

It would be one thing if he was searching how to get away with murder books, or searched that stuff online, heck kill her on the 22nd and don't tell anyone she's missing till the 24th, cause he didn't give himself much of a window, plus did he ever put the boat in the water before he killed Laci?? If not, the boat sat for a few months and he would have to hope the motor started cause the guy he bought the boat from didn't even start the motor for Scott.

Scott Peterson has huge brass balls, no doubt about that.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Ted Rowlands seems credible to me which messes up the time, doesn't it? You previously rejected the 3.5 hours it supposedly took to rob the Medina home. Ok. So, let's suppose you're right about that. If Todd and Pearce finished and left earlier, before 5 AM, it still could have happened on the 26th.

What we know is that Todd and Pearce weren't there in broad daylight (11:40 AM) on the 24th. And Diane Jackson didn't see them, because she saw 1. three men, not two, 2. Hispanic or Asian men, not Caucasian, and 3. a van, not a car. And 11:40 AM is way after the Peterson's dog was found.
I thought that, but somewhere I saw and I'll have to find the link is that they referred to the morning hours, so maybe it was 12-4 am. Most people don't call that morning though. The police said it happened at 6:30 am, on the 26th. Of course that's taking the word of thieves, who at this point know a woman is missing from across the street of the house they robbed

A van makes sense because how big the safe is, I do believe the woman saw people at the Medinas, probably not the thieves though, better not be, 2 felonies going a few hours apart between 2 houses less than 100 ft apart, that have nothing to do with one another? That would be a miracle unto itself. In Modesto no less. The burglars didn't live far away, unless they are complete morons or blind they would have noticed the police presence at Scotts house starting on the night of the 24th.

I would of moved out of that neighborhood within a week.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:43 AM

As for the Servas timeline, the crap hits the fan apparently on Tuesday nights show on A&E, maybe they are going with Graybills over hers?

Old 09-18-2017, 03:24 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:

Todd and Pearce couldn't have had accomplices? The cream colored van had almost as many sightings in the area the morning of the 24th as Laci and her Golden retriever.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
I thought that, but somewhere I saw and I'll have to find the link is that they referred to the morning hours, so maybe it was 12-4 am. Most people don't call that morning though. The police said it happened at 6:30 am, on the 26th. Of course that's taking the word of thieves, who at this point know a woman is missing from across the street of the house they robbed

A van makes sense because how big the safe is, I do believe the woman saw people at the Medinas, probably not the thieves though, better not be, 2 felonies going a few hours apart between 2 houses less than 100 ft apart, that have nothing to do with one another? That would be a miracle unto itself. In Modesto no less. The burglars didn't live far away, unless they are complete morons or blind they would have noticed the police presence at Scotts house starting on the night of the 24th.

I would of moved out of that neighborhood within a week.
The van at noon at the Medina home has been attributed to landscapers. It looks like the neighbor wants to be a witness to the disappearance, so he doesn't want to believe what police have told him.

"Still, Geragos is expected to call other witnesses to buttress the van theory, including Peterson neighbors Homer Maldonado, 60, a union painter, and his wife, Helen, 56, a homemaker. At about 9:30 a.m. on the 24th, the couple were gassing up their car at a nearby convenience store. There they noticed a beat-up, tan van with a scruffy-looking man. Driving in the neighborhood a few minutes later, they saw a woman they believe was Laci out walking her dog. Within days of the disappearance, they called police to tell what they had seen—but Homer says the cops told him it was probably just a truck belonging to a landscaper “The van we saw was definitely not a gardener’s,” Homer told PEOPLE at the time. “It was more like a camper van.” Now under a gag order, the Maldonados are expected to be witnesses for the defense."

http://people.com/archive/justice-fo...-vol-61-no-23/

Last edited by Lieneke; 09-18-2017 at 07:54 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 07:50 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
It has been proven when it comes to time, Servas is unreliable. My writing is in your quote, no chance I can fix that mess I made, sorry.

Also on hearsay, which this entire case is based on, no one saw Scott kill Laci, no one saw Scott put her in the boat, no one saw her getting dumped in the Bay. Heck, no one knows, how, when, or where she was even killed.
I would love to know how many people get put on death row or a percentage of them, for really not much or zero evidence.

Scott Peterson is Dexter, maybe better cause he dumped a body during the day.
I wouldn't be so quick to discard direct evidence:

Scott told Amber a couple of weeks before Christmas that he lost his wife and the upcoming holiday would be the first Christmas holiday without her. He confirmed that he told Amber this in an audio recording. That is direct evidence that he had prior knowledge that Laci would be 'disappeared' by Christmas day. The day before Christmas, she is reported missing by her parents. If Scott had nothing to do with Laci's disappearance, how could Scott accurately predict that she would be missing on Christmas day?

It has been debated why he chose Christmas day. Perhaps it wasn't so much about Christmas day, but about finding a way to have someone other than him report that she is missing. I recall another planned dinner earlier in December - where Scott was going to make lasagna for Laci and her parents at his house. He then didn't even show up. Could that have been an abandoned plan to murder her - where things didn't work out so he didn't need her parents to come to the house and report her missing? They arrived for dinner anyway. Maybe his initial plan was to have her reported missing from the house, and then he had a better plan to have her missing from the park and her anticipated arrival at another location ... all to draw attention away from the house and away from him.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:15 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The van at noon at the Medina home has been attributed to landscapers. It looks like the neighbor wants to be a witness to the disappearance, so he doesn't want to believe what police have told him.

"Still, Geragos is expected to call other witnesses to buttress the van theory, including Peterson neighbors Homer Maldonado, 60, a union painter, and his wife, Helen, 56, a homemaker. At about 9:30 a.m. on the 24th, the couple were gassing up their car at a nearby convenience store. There they noticed a beat-up, tan van with a scruffy-looking man. Driving in the neighborhood a few minutes later, they saw a woman they believe was Laci out walking her dog. Within days of the disappearance, they called police to tell what they had seen—but Homer says the cops told him it was probably just a truck belonging to a landscaper “The van we saw was definitely not a gardener’s,” Homer told PEOPLE at the time. “It was more like a camper van.” Now under a gag order, the Maldonados are expected to be witnesses for the defense."

Justice for Laci?

This gives more detail regarding the man who reported that he actually saw Laci being pulled into that van on Dec. 24th.
http://www.pwc-sii.com/Research/sightings/harshman.htm

Quote:
Tom Harshman, who lived in Modesto, saw something that really concerned him near the corner of Scenic Drive and Claus Road as he was driving with Elizabeth Harshman between 2 and 4 p.m. on the afternoon of December 24. He saw a young pregnant woman being forced into a van. After driving past this scene, Harshman was so upset that he turned around and went back to the spot hoping to find the van still there and hoping to get more information about the license plate number.

He called the police on the same day he saw this. Calls before December 26 did not go to the Laci tip line but instead to 911 or to the main number at the MPD.

When Harshman’s call was not returned by MPD, he tried again. By December 28 when Laci’s disappearance had become public knowledge, he was sure that the woman he had seen was Laci Peterson.

Considering the witness who saw the van at the Medina's home on the morning of the 24th saw the men with a safe and no landscaping equipment, it's more likely that this was the burglary vehicle and not a landscaping van. Same suspicious van spotted by multiple people on that day.

Last edited by MissTerri; 09-18-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to discard direct evidence:

Scott told Amber a couple of weeks before Christmas that he lost his wife and the upcoming holiday would be the first Christmas holiday without her. He confirmed that he told Amber this in an audio recording. That is direct evidence that he had prior knowledge that Laci would be 'disappeared' by Christmas day. The day before Christmas, she is reported missing by her parents. If Scott had nothing to do with Laci's disappearance, how could Scott accurately predict that she would be missing on Christmas day?

It has been debated why he chose Christmas day. Perhaps it wasn't so much about Christmas day, but about finding a way to have someone other than him report that she is missing. I recall another planned dinner earlier in December - where Scott was going to make lasagna for Laci and her parents at his house. He then didn't even show up. Could that have been an abandoned plan to murder her - where things didn't work out so he didn't need her parents to come to the house and report her missing? They arrived for dinner anyway. Maybe his initial plan was to have her reported missing from the house, and then he had a better plan to have her missing from the park and her anticipated arrival at another location ... all to draw attention away from the house and away from him.
As a guy, who's been happily married for almost 22 years (yea me) and never cheating on my wife, I know men are pigs, I also know men will lie to great lengths to cover up their own cheating, I've seen friends and families marriages broken up due to cheating, all of them went to great effort to hide their affairs from their spouse, both guys and girls. I don't believe in sex addiction either, I believe in extreme arrogance though, which tie in with Scotts attitude in letting cops search wherever they want, he figured no way I get caught.

January 22 2003 l, the tip about the burglars being involved with Laci's death comes in, its already been established by the police officers that Laci went missing on the 24th and the robbery happened on the 26th, the burglars had already been exonerated for weeks, I don't understand why all of sudden there might be a link between Laci and robbery.

The watch, the pawn broker refused the subpoena from the defense and wouldn't turn it over to the defense, it was then sold and the pawnbroker refused to say who bought it. From Laci's jewelry collection she is also missing 2ct earrings.

The dog, pool cleaner who came weekly and testified that Mackenzie was usually outside w/o Lacy in the backyard, even Laci's mom said the dog was always outside. I believe they had a dog door, which is why the mop was outside of that door because the dog came in and out.

The maid testified that she put the curling iron away on the 23rd, the cops found it on the sink during the 24th search, either Laci curled her hair the night before, or she did it on the morning of the 24th.

Scott sold Laci's car after the cops impounded his truck and boat, odd considering how do you get around w/o a car? He still had business to conduct including going to Mexico for a few days on a business trip in February which was confirmed by police. If he was going to flee to Mexico, that would have been the time.

Here's a theory I should go to hell for thinking, those missing 2 carat earrings, the watch, and the proceeds from Laci's car, plus the 15 grand he was caught with were payment for those who did kill Laci. It's why he allowed the searches of his home and business, and it's why he was seen laughing and having a good time at her memorial, and it's why he was stoic during the trial. He does know who killed her but he can't say for obvious reasons.

He initially agreed to do the lie detector test, the next day he refused after speaking with his father. Personally I wouldn't do a lie detector test on who ate the last Pop Tart in my house.

Last edited by James420; 09-18-2017 at 09:56 AM..

Old 09-18-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This gives more detail regarding the man who reported that he actually saw Laci being pulled into that van on Dec. 24th.
The Hidden Harshman Tip

Considering the witness who saw the van at the Medina's home on the morning of the 24th saw the men with a safe and no landscaping equipment, it's more likely that this was the burglary vehicle and not a landscaping van. Same suspicious van spotted by multiple people on that day.
To be fair you would need a trailer to have a landscaping van, I've never seen a landscaping van so to speak for the obvious reason of gas fumes, trimmers, mowers, gas cans, all leak fumes, driving around with those in a van is like driving around with a car bomb, plus not too many people can handle the smell of those fumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime