Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times

Advertisements

I think that what most people see is the betrayal of trust. That takes a true psychopath, to kill someone who loved you and trusted you. That is scary. Someone like that can never be rehabilitated.

As for the "reasonable doubt" issue, I will agree with you on that one. Evidence should be concrete, laid out, like those CT killers...no doubt there. That is why I always thought the the death penalty in the Casey Anthony case was not appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,137,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The reputation of our country in the world as a bastion of human rights and freedom is something that needs to be taken into account.
Our Judges, Prosecutors, and Legislaters have all but destroyed that reputation. Brutality and murder not only by COs but by other inmates run rampant. Healthcare, meal reductions. horrific living conditions e.g. inmates carried out of Southern prisons for heat exhaustion in body bags. Minimum Mandatories, Truth in Sentencing, 3 Strikes and an ever increasing shift from making the State prove one guilty to one proving themselves innocent is in effect.

We are Incarceration Nation and it's even more alarming and corrupts the system when private business is getting into the scheme. The revolving door pre mid 90's was to lenient but now today's overall sentencing is way too harsh IMO. Prison shouldn't be fun, but a combination of rehabilitation and punishment should be implented for there is way too much of the later.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:23 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,516 times
I was living in Fresno, California when that whole thing was going on. What he saw in Amber Frey seems to elude me. She was a terrible downgrade from Lacy! Each time I need to kill an erection in a hurry, I think of Amber Frey. If he didn't want to be with Lacy, he should have filed for divorce.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:43 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,921,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Do you all remember the Scott Peterson trial? He was found guilty of murdering his wife, Lacy Rocha Peterson, and unborn child.

Scott Peterson was a "way cool" surfer/waiter type student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. I don't know if he graduated or not. I believe he met Lacy there. They then returned to one of the bigger towns in California's Central Valley where they lived a suburban life. Interestingly enough, he was a fertilizer salesman to the huge farming industry there.

The whole thing was weird. After her disappearance, he got involved in "looking for her," making public appeals. I remember when the whole thing blew apart. I had just come back from a vacation in South America and was sitting in the hotel breakfast area in Fort Lauderdale, watching the TV while I ate. The news announced that Lacy's body had washed ashore in the Bay Area. He evidently took her out in a boat from one of the marinas in the Bay Area one night and dumped her into the Bay, thinking he could "hide" the evidence. He then grew a beard, and escaped to Mexico. But they found him.

A lot of questions: Why did he marry her in the first place if he wanted his freedom? Did he do this because he wanted to be with Amber Frey? Is there any background/familial data on him that he would indicate why he was so sociopathic? Did he have a prior record?
What brought this up?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
What brought this up?
What is your problem??? Maybe you also need to ask that of others who have started threads in this sub-forum.

I wandered over to True Crime from other sub-forums and there were threads about famous criminals. Since some of these were landmark cases in my native California, I wanted to know if people had insight into these crimes, and into these people's psyche. Like other people have said, if you walked past him at the supermarket, he would have come across as normal.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 06-17-2012 at 09:27 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I was living in Fresno, California when that whole thing was going on. What he saw in Amber Frey seems to elude me. She was a terrible downgrade from Lacy! Each time I need to kill an erection in a hurry, I think of Amber Frey. If he didn't want to be with Lacy, he should have filed for divorce.
Yes. Someone who has the same opinion. Lacy was both smarter and more attractive than Amber Frey. What a circus. If you recall, enter Amber Frey into courtroom...and enter Gloria Allred right along with her. Allred can't get enough of the limelight.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That is why I always thought the the death penalty in the Casey Anthony case was not appropriate.

And exactly why the death penalty should be abolished. Scott Peterson was found guilty on circumstantial evidence receiving the death penalty, Casey Anthony wasn't. The death penalty may have been a big factor, so, depends on the jury and the defendant.

What if half a jury doesn't believe in the death penalty? During voir dire process, are jurors even asked their feeling about the subject?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
Quote:
LOL!

She's tall blonde and skinny. Us dark haired girls know all about the blind attraction some men have for that combination.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Of course he should have filed for divorce...this is a psychopath tho.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes. Someone who has the same opinion. Lacy was both smarter and more attractive than Amber Frey. What a circus. If you recall, enter Amber Frey into courtroom...and enter Gloria Allred right along with her. Allred can't get enough of the limelight.
GAWD, Gloria Allred only cares about being in front of the camera. I cannot stand her! I keep hoping to see a headline on my homepage about her being hit by a bus, train, or in an airplane crash. I liked it when Charles Barkley put her in her place on live t.v. That was some funny stuff!

Quote:
LOL!

She's tall blonde and skinny. Us dark haired girls know all about the blind attraction some men have for that combination.
Fortunately for the ladies with dark hair, they're my preferred kind. My awesome girlfriend has some meat on her bones, and she's a brunette. Amber Frey is a nasty anorexic mess!

Quote:
Of course he should have filed for divorce...this is a psychopath tho.
True, unfortunately true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime