Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 01:42 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,952,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Wow, those cages look the same size as their cell. Really, from one cage to the next. Yikes.
I envisioned him playing basketball in the yard and enjoying the view. He deserves everything he has. He could have divorced Laci - she would have been fine on her own - but he didn't want the financial and parental responsibilities of a child. He wanted to live in his pretend world of being a rich bachelor from Hyannis Port.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 01:59 PM

42,841 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I envisioned him playing basketball in the yard and enjoying the view. He deserves everything he has. He could have divorced Laci - she would have been fine on her own - but he didn't want the financial and parental responsibilities of a child. He wanted to live in his pretend world of being a rich bachelor from Hyannis Port.
They might let inmates who are well behaved out of their cages for yard, I don't know anyone working there any more so I have no one to ask, but even if they do it's still not a place anyone would want to spend the rest of their life.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:51 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,498 times
That's right, we don't. Quote for me from these articles the evidence that Scott wanted a divorce. Go take a look at the trial transcripts and read how all of Scott and Laci's friends/family described their marriage and Scott's treatment of her. There's no evidence at all that Scott wanted a divorce.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Amber wasn't his first adulterous relationship, so having sex with another woman was not related to his wife being pregnant.
You don't know what motivated Scott to pursue his relationship with Amber or any other woman prior; neither do I. Clearly it was wrong, and he's guilty of engaging in boorish behavior. That doesn't make him a murderer.
Quote:
He murdered his wife because he didn't want children. He had always said that he didn't want children, and was very happy that Laci had surgery as a child where an ovary was removed. She believed that she could not have children, so the pregnancy was a surprise for both of them. Laci was happy about it, Scott wasn't.
Cite for me the evidence that Scott wasn't happy with Laci's pregnancy. One witness mentioned his comment about "kind of hoping for infertility", but couldn't say whether it was a joke or not. The bulk of the court testimony and evidence indicates that they had decided together to build a family, that he was excited and looking forward to being a father. He accompanied Laci to her doctor visits and Lamaze classes, he put a lot of work into the nursery, etc. He behaved very much like a happily expectant father. There's no reason to believe Scott didn't want Conner, but the larger point is this: Even if he didn't, that is not evidence that he killed Laci.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:35 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Amber wasn't his first adulterous relationship, so having sex with another woman was not related to his wife being pregnant. He murdered his wife because he didn't want children. He had always said that he didn't want children, and was very happy that Laci had surgery as a child where an ovary was removed. She believed that she could not have children, so the pregnancy was a surprise for both of them. Laci was happy about it, Scott wasn't.
Agreed.

From a police report of an interview with the woman, "Janet": "I asked [Janet] if her and Peterson talked about having a family. [Janet] said her and Peterson had gone to a rodeo on one of their dates and there were kids present at the rodeo. Peterson told [Janet] he did not want kids because they would get in the way of his lifestyle. [Janet] said Peterson made it clear that kids were not in his future."

Laci Peterson case: What the jury didn't hear - CNN.com

Old 06-10-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Go take a look at the trial transcripts and read how all of Scott and Laci's friends/family described their marriage and Scott's treatment of her. There's no evidence at all that Scott wanted a divorce.
Read the link previously posted about what Peterson's sister thought of the marriage.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:53 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A month or so before Laci was dead, when Peterson started his affair with Amber Frey, he told Frey he was single.
Scott Peterson Trial Fast Facts - CNN.com
And how many men enter an affair telling their girlfriend they're married? None? That's what I thought.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Read the link previously posted about what Peterson's sister thought of the marriage.
Personal opinions expressed to the media are not evidence. If you have evidence, please present it to us.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Personal opinions expressed to the media are not evidence. If you have evidence, please present it to us.
I'm not going to go argue with you, since that appears to be your specialty. (It's interesting, though, that you have John Ramsey as the murder suspect in that case, when there is no evidence against him, but you believe that somehow, Scott Peterson is unfairly targeted as a murder suspect in this case.)

Old 06-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
I'm not going to go argue with you, since that appears to be your specialty. (It's interesting, though, that you have John Ramsey as the murder suspect in that case, when there is no evidence against him, but you believe that somehow, Scott Peterson is unfairly targeted as a murder suspect in this case.)
I think John Ramsey killed JonBenet, and I think Scott Peterson is unfairly targeted as a murder suspect.

So that makes at least two of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime