Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times

Advertisements

Same as Heath Ledger...and many other stars, who mix drugs with alcohol. A bright star, burned out too fast. Those who think they can do it all...come to a tragic end. No conspiracy here...there are so many we could add to this list...most recently Whitney Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 03:35 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,677 times
It can be so amazing -- the difference between the persona and the true person - too often the public so admires and ultimately puts such pressure on actors [to include singers as well]; "we" see them as being able to do anything, especially purchase anything and "we", all too often believe, thus, that they must be so secure because they never have to worry about a mortgage payment, or their taxes, or what to wear, and of course, whether they should go out for dinner with friends or stay home and cook [although I trust many of "the public" probably think they have maids, cooks and butlers to do all of their work] ... [smile]...thus, how can any of them be insecure, or depressed, or worried about anything.

Sure there are some famous actors who are simply brats - no question about that - some who believe they are above the law [and clearly, we have witnessed that as well] -- however, they are still persons, probably have the same 'stuff' we all have, those weaknesses, insecurities, fears.....

And, it continues to illustrate that in fact money does not buy happiness - sure, it helps a whole lot with one type of security - but it does not always make one complete.

It is a tragedy to read about these deaths - from Marilyn Monroe to Whitney Houston - and all those in between.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Marilyn Monroe was a pill junkie, most addicts think they'll beat the odds.
I agree with this. I know there are people who would just love to come up with some conspiracy theory, especially something involving the Kennedy family.

The fact is, the woman took a lot of drugs. All prescribed as far as I know, but at the time their were no computers to keep track of when the last prescription was written and I am sure she, like Elvis Presley; had quite a cashe of pharmaceuticals.

I doubt it was an intentional suicide, but as a former psychiatric nurse who has worked with dual diagnosis patients ( people with both a substance abuse and psychiatric diagnosis) these individuals have a "shelf life." And it appears to be 35 to 45.

Why? A few reasons.

The constant use of drugs - prescription or other wise, causes damage to the liver. Ms. Monroe also used alcohol excessively, and suffered from depression - particularly at that point when she was dismissed from a movie for not showing up.

At that age, organs that have been abused are no longer able to handle what it did 10 years ago.

The strain if many failed relationships was catching up with her and at the time, a woman of 35 or 36 was middle aged; pushing the whole "sex symbol" image.

My guess is that she overestimated her bodies capacity to handle Nembutal and Chloralhydrate, and had built of a tolerance to it so she took another one.

Her official cause of death was kidney failure, which would have occured when her over burdened liver didn't do it's job.

I feel sorry for her and she had a very tragic life.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
I agree Sheena, the only "crime" here, is that no one stepped in to help her get treatment. I have read quite a bit about accidental overdoses, in relationship to chronic pain management, most happen when a person is switched to a different type of medication, often a more effective medication, but with a longer half life. The person takes the meds prior to when they should, to avoid the anticipation of pain, and thus accidently overdoses.

With all the history of substance abuse among the rich and famous, my real issue, is why are the doctors who overprescribed medication not held accountable? I believe no doctors were ever charged with death of Anna Nicole Smith, and her pharmacopia of precribed medication. Whiteny Houston either...only the Dr. In the MJ case was charged, for his obvious malpractice.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Stories have it that she committed suicide and/or it was a hit/execution -
Only in the silly, Enquirer-type publications that dream up fodder to sell to the gullible. The woman's been dead for fifty years, for God's sake.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
I liked Marilyn ,not sure though if the women she stole husbands from thought the same way...she seemed to be able to shut off the people who would be hurt.. her death however, I dont think was an accident or suicide.. too many loose ends and witnesses of who was at the house that night...

Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Did she have mood changes? It could be that she had mood changes throughout the day and at times she was up, and at times down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
INconsistent with someone who is about to commit suicide. She paid by check.

Marilyn Monroe's final purchase shows she was NOT about to commit suicide, claims psychologist | Mail Online

Old 07-13-2012, 11:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Only in the silly, Enquirer-type publications that dream up fodder to sell to the gullible. The woman's been dead for fifty years, for God's sake.
I totally agree.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I generally am all for conspiracy theories [as I am still convinced Kennedy was not killed solely by Oswald-smile]; however, in the case of Marilyn Monroe, I do not believe there was a conspiracy, a cover-up, or anything of the like and I have really thought about all of the possible scenarios.

I think you may have these backwards. I always thought Kennedy was more than one until they did the study of the bullets and actually went and scoped it all out. My issue comes from the reports of men with guns behind the fence but with a commotion who knows what people really saw.

I think all the bullets came from the book depository but it is unknown as to who actually fired them though Oswald is a good suspect.

On the other hand with Marilyn, there were reports of her being found alive until a doctor gave her a shot of an unknown substance at which time she expired. There is much conjecture she was given suppositories to avoid detection.

She was also planning a press conference where she was going to reveal the contents of her diary, which was never found in her residence. There was too much at stake for the Kennedy's to let her live. As morals were not their strong suit, why not have someone kill her?

She indeed was a sad woman but this was no suicide.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times
I think ANY / ALL of these theories are possible. The Kennedys have been bed-fellows with, and associated with, many, many people. But 50 years later, who really cares???? Any who were insiders are likely dead now, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime