Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 01:32 PM

125 posts, read 125,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Italian courts did not agree with you. Their verdict needs to be respected and Amanda Knox needs to serve time for the crime that she was found GUILTY of committing....murder.
The United States of America should not bind itself to an extradition treaty with a nation whose criminal justice system is so appallingly incompetent that it could possibly have arrived at a guilty verdict in this case, nor should the USA respect the verdict in this particular case. We should tell Italy to either get its act together or get lost. If they want to imprison one of their own citizens for 30 years for a crime he so obviously did not commit, there is not much we can do about that (except grant Sollecito asylum if can find his way here), but they are not going to do this to one our citizens.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:34 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
I know it makes no sense. He was found guilty of sexual assault and a role in the murder but not the stabbing.

Rudy did not have a criminal record. That is something the Friends of Amanda keep saying that isn't true. He was never even charged with a crime.

There were 2 other people who restained the victiim. The victiim had no defensive wounds which means she was overpowered by several people. She was an athletic girl and she would have put up a fight if it was just one person. Also since Rudy did the manual rape yet she had two different knife cuts in her neck, he didn't have enough hands to rape plus hold her plus stab her with two different knives.

Also no evidence that he came into the house via that high window which would have been the most illogical point of entry. The grass was not trampled outside, no debris was f ound in the house, no glass was knocked off the sill to the ground below, etc.
I'm mistaken about Guede having a criminal record. You're right, there is a lot of misinformation out there (on both sides).

If a victim has no defensive wounds it does not mean there were more than one assailant. You could find thousands of crimes where a victim was killed by one person and had no defensive wounds.

So the theory is that Guede raped her then Knox and her bf killed her? Did they know Guede? Lets just follow this logic....Knox and her bf find Rudy Guede raping their roommate and then decide to kill her? None of that makes sense.

I think people on both sides of this argument are displaying a shocking amount of confirmation bias. You look for evidence that supports your theory and then just ignore evidence that is problematic.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
THe prosecutor never claimed the murder had anything to do with satanic rituals. You are apparently getting your info from Doug Preston or one of his allies. Doug Preston has a beef with that prosecutor because the prosecutor investigated him for planting evidence to support his theory of the Monster of FLorence murders.
Also, the prosecutor did not have a history of motives involving satanic riituals. He was investigating a case that might have been tied to the Monster of Florence case which began back in the 1980s and a police investigator at that time had the satanic ritual theory because body parts were removed from the victims.

The prosecutor's original motive theory was a drug fueled sex game that spiralled into violence but he modified that to a fight between the girls over something.
You don't have to prove motive in a murder case. It was established Knox was at the cottage.

Rudy Guede's DNA was not "all over the place". It was like in 3 different spots in the bedroom. The same DNA forsenic scientist who determined Rudy's DNA was there is the one who found Raffele's DNA on the bra clasp and Knox's DNA mixed with the victim's DNA in 4 different spots in the house.

Knox was not found guilty because of her casual sex lifestyle, that is a theory that she has pushed. This isn't The Scarlet Letter. There is a mountain of evidence against her.

Knox was never acquited because the Supreme Court has to approve it first. They annulled that appeal trial because it was not conducted properly. They had like 16 reasons for annulling which means it egregiously bad trial.

Yeah, that's even more absurd.

It's pretty obvious what happened here. Rudy Guede raped and murdered this woman. His DNA was on the bloody pillow for chrissakes.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:43 PM

684 posts, read 869,990 times
Quote:
Most convicts were convicted on circumstantial evidence. There isn't always DNA evidence. There was DNA evidence in this case and a good bit of it. You can't explain how Raffeale's DNA in abundance just happened to end up on the victim's bra clasp. You need to explain how it got there if not from him touching it because him touching is the probable scenario.

There is a mountain of evidence. I've already covered much of it. You don't appear open minded on this. Here is a website that covers it all: The Murder of Meredith Kercher

You are asserting the crime scene was not handle properly but that is a false assertion. 2 juries rejected it.
Italy's Appellate Court's ruled there was insuffiicient evidence to support the original guilty verdict. Accordingly, both Amanda and Raffaelle were acquitted and set free.

Given that they were "acquitted", the latest trial ruling necessarily represented double jeopardy. As such, Amanda is still presumed innocent and will remain free.

No Secretary of State in America is going to extradite Amanda to Italy based on its absurd kangaroo court system.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:47 PM

125 posts, read 125,243 times
Quote:

Rudy did not have a criminal record.
"The evidence of Guede’s guilt is irrefutable and should have been more than sufficient to secure a life sentence. Guede admitted he was in Meredith’s room at the time of the attack. His DNA, along with Meredith’s blood, was found on Meredith's purse. His shoeprints, set in Meredith’s blood, were found in the bedroom and in the hallway leading out the front door. As mentioned above, his handprint, in Meredith’s blood, was found on a pillowcase underneath her body. Most importantly, Guede’s DNA was found inside Meredith’s body.

Guede also had a history of break-ins similar to that seen at the cottage. One week prior to the murder, Guede was caught breaking into a nursery school by the school's owner, Maria Del Prato, when she arrived unexpectedly during off hours with two repairmen. Del Prato along with the repairmen kept Guede at the nursery and called the police.

When police searched Guede's backpack they found a laptop and cell phone that had recently been stolen from a Perugian law office. The break-in at the law office was very similar to the break-in at the cottage as Guede entered through an elevated window broken with a rock in both occasions. In the nursery school break-in, Guede was found in the possession of a large knife said to be stolen from the school’s kitchen. He was also in possession of a woman’s gold watch which tied him to another break-in occurring four days earlier. Guede’s break-in at the nursery no doubt made him a suspect in a previous burglary of the nursery in which cash had been stolen.

In the month prior to Meredith Kercher’s murder, Guede had gone on a crime spree. His activities were no secret to the police yet they never managed to properly investigate Guede and never took him into custody. Why? The sad reality is, if the police had done their job properly Meredith Kercher would still be alive today and Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito would have never been wrongfully convicted."

Rudy Guede

Old 02-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You don't have to prove the motive in a criminal case. People kill for crazy reasons all the time.

But there were tensions between the girls over Knox's lack of cleanliness and the fact she was always bringing men over to the cottage. So there was a basis for a big argument that sprialled out of control. Given Know was abusing drugs (she even had a cocaine drug dealer's phone number in her cell phone and she had called him recently), we can't say she would have the best judgment.

Another data point is Knox and her boyfriend both turned off their cellphones a few hours before the murder. Their cell phone records showed that they never did before. So it is possible that they turned them off because they were planning something like a hazing of the victim.

The kitchen knife DNA was not debunked. THe independent experts admitted it was Kercher's DNA on the blade but tried to argue contamination which basically amounted to contamination is possible which the Supreme Court said is dumb argument...they have to prove contamination happened or at least lay out a logical and specific scenario for how it occurred.
This is what conspiracy theories are made up of. Tiny bits of "evidence" taken out of context or not true at all, that are then used to build a case for the conspiracy. All the while the conspiracy theorist is blinded by their own confirmation bias.

So Knox didn't like that Meredith was unclean and slept around, so she and her bf turned off their cell phones and decided to haze her, but things got out of hand and they killed her. This all happened right after Meredith was just raped by a stranger who left his DNA and a bloody print on the pillow. Or wait, did Knox and bf see Rudy raping Meredith and ask him if he wanted to help them kill her?

You can't see how preposterous this all is?

Old 02-01-2014, 02:05 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
"The evidence of Guede’s guilt is irrefutable and should have been more than sufficient to secure a life sentence. Guede admitted he was in Meredith’s room at the time of the attack. His DNA, along with Meredith’s blood, was found on Meredith's purse. His shoeprints, set in Meredith’s blood, were found in the bedroom and in the hallway leading out the front door. As mentioned above, his handprint, in Meredith’s blood, was found on a pillowcase underneath her body. Most importantly, Guede’s DNA was found inside Meredith’s body.

Guede also had a history of break-ins similar to that seen at the cottage. One week prior to the murder, Guede was caught breaking into a nursery school by the school's owner, Maria Del Prato, when she arrived unexpectedly during off hours with two repairmen. Del Prato along with the repairmen kept Guede at the nursery and called the police.

When police searched Guede's backpack they found a laptop and cell phone that had recently been stolen from a Perugian law office. The break-in at the law office was very similar to the break-in at the cottage as Guede entered through an elevated window broken with a rock in both occasions. In the nursery school break-in, Guede was found in the possession of a large knife said to be stolen from the school’s kitchen. He was also in possession of a woman’s gold watch which tied him to another break-in occurring four days earlier. Guede’s break-in at the nursery no doubt made him a suspect in a previous burglary of the nursery in which cash had been stolen.

In the month prior to Meredith Kercher’s murder, Guede had gone on a crime spree. His activities were no secret to the police yet they never managed to properly investigate Guede and never took him into custody. Why? The sad reality is, if the police had done their job properly Meredith Kercher would still be alive today and Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito would have never been wrongfully convicted."

Rudy Guede
Incredible...

I have enjoyed the time I spent in Italy.

That said, I ignored warnings from State Department, family and friends urging me not to drive there and I may have even unknowingly helped a theif...

A friend and I were out just as it was beginning to get dark and we noticed two men struggling to push a car so we joined in and they waved as they went down the hill.

About twenty minutes later we noticed police and asked what happened only to learn 20 minutes ago a car was stolen and it matched the car we helped to push... our fingerprints would have been on the trunk lid...

No good deed goes unpunished...

Old 02-01-2014, 02:23 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times
I see in the article posted Rudy Guede will be eligible for work release this year.

Should the Italian government attempt to extradite Knox, I don't know what the US will do. If the US chose not to assist Italy then I think they could have problems in their extradition dealings with other countries. It would set a precedent for other extradition cases. Especially with Kercher being a citizen of the UK.

Each person has their own opinion of Knox did it, Knox didn't do it, Sollectio did it with Knox, no he didn't, Guede did it, but we know Patrick Lumumba didn't do it.

And ... we still have a young woman dead, gone forever, Meredith Kercher.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:38 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,910,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I really didn't have an opinion about her innocence or guilt until I watched her interview with Diane Sawyer. Something is very strange about her. She reminds me of some people I have known......intelligent in a book way but dumb as a rock about everything else. I had a very uncomfortable feeling watching her during that show.

Her behavior after the murder was bizarre, to say the least. The way she and her BF were carrying on right after the discovery of the body and her antics in court make me wonder about her sanity. Something is just not right about her whole demeanor and her rationale for why she did certain things, like why she confessed.

She may not have done the actual killing herself but she is somehow involved or knows more than she is saying.

Don
Yes, though I am not in agreement with the Italian system of justice in terms of a guilty verdict w/o conclusive DNA evidence, I AGREE with everything you just said. To add, I just started reading about this case two days ago. I have been fascinated since I had no idea that AK accused an innocent man who thank God, had an alibi. I believe that AK has convinced herself that she is a "good person" and could not have been involved. She spent four years in prison and I do think she has made herself believe she is 100% innocent. I think most rational Americans, given the evidence, would agree that AK may not have used the knife but was involved in letting Guede in the apartment and covered her ears when her roommate was being attatcked.

The part if the story that makes me believe the prosecutor's story is the fact that Meredith was not tied down. How did Guede smash her throat with one hand. Meredith knew karate and DID indeed, fight back her attacker(s). There was more than one person who attacked Meredith or assisted Guede. I believe that AK and her boyfriend told Guede he could have access to her beautiful roommate as long as he gave them more drugs. I think they let a rapist into Meredith's room, not knowing he would be so physical, Meredith was screaming and fighting back, then AK and boyfriend came in room and helped Guede hold Meredith down while he killed her.

Here is another thing. There was a lot of blood. Why was there no blood leaving the cottage on the outside. I think it's because they didn't have to run away because they didn't have to. A documentary I watched last night brought up this fact. It makes sense. The killing was sloppy so why is there not blood anywhere outside the cottage?

Old 02-01-2014, 04:20 PM

510 posts, read 906,183 times
I am frightened by the number of people who think she is guilty because they do not like her affect. There is no 'correct' way to act when your roommate has been murdered and you are charged with the crime.

I also don't know what evidence there is that Knox was sexually promiscuous, as some of you claim. And even if she was, that has absolutely no bearing on a murder case.

The Italian police can be very brutal. They would have loved to pin this crime on an African immigrant. I have no doubt Knox was strongly coerced to blame Lumumba. Although it is terrible to pin blame on an innocent person, history shows that most people will give erroneous/false confessions under difficult circumstances.

Mignini's involvement in this case alone convinces me Knox is innocent. He is a corrupt man without a conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime