Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 04:31 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,166,084 times

Advertisements

Old 02-01-2014, 04:33 PM

Old 02-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Old 02-01-2014, 04:37 PM

125 posts, read 125,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveKendall View Post
I am frightened by the number of people who think she is guilty because they do not like her affect. There is no 'correct' way to act when your roommate has been murdered and you are charged with the crime.

I also don't know what evidence there is that Knox was sexually promiscuous, as some of you claim. And even if she was, that has absolutely no bearing on a murder case.

The Italian police can be very brutal. They would have loved to pin this crime on an African immigrant. I have no doubt Knox was strongly coerced to blame Lumumba. Although it is terrible to pin blame on an innocent person, history shows that most people will give erroneous/false confessions under difficult circumstances.

Mignini's involvement in this case alone convinces me Knox is innocent. He is a corrupt man without a conscience.
Perhaps, even more frightening is that these very same people have obviously never even bothered to study the case, even a little bit. Yet, somehow they see nothing morally reprehensible about assuming she is guilty and posting their uninformed opinion on the internet.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:48 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
Dershowitz likes to be a contrarian. I don't think he's studied the evidence that closely.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
Dershowitz likes to be a contrarian. I don't think he's studied the evidence that closely.
He's Professor of Law at Harvard University. I should imagine he is well aware of the case and the law.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:59 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,910,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
The Murder of Meredith Kercher

here is why she's guilty
I have been watching documentaries on the trial and yes, the info. you provided keeps me moving in the direction of accomplice to murder for Amanda Knox. I don't think pre-meditated but I do think she is guilty of allowing Guede access to her roommate, knowing full well he planned on raping Meredith. It must be hard to accept this truth about yourself. I watched a video of AK drunk at a party in Seattle before she left for Italy. She shows a less than angelic side to herself. I believe she was very high, drunk and maybe was partly blacked out until Meredith screamed. I think AK hears those screams in her mind and fights it everyday. I would tell AK to come clean and give Meredith's parents the information they desire so they can move forward. I am a mother of a beautiful daughter, myself, and I already see jealous girls that have nasty intentions. I honestly think there was no great plan but AK was very jealous of her worldly roommate and couldn't deal with her feelings. Remember, Meredith was from a big city, called London and AK was from the suburbs of Seattle. I am kind of familiar with the area and it us not an International destination if any kind. Jealousy combined with drugs and alcohol and youth can lead to Ver bad things. I think she allowed horrible things to be done to Meredith she then helped Guede when he punctured her throat. I have met plenty of women like AK in my life and many of them would easily be capable of allowing an innocent friend(?) to be victimized. The leaked video of AK shows a different person than the doe eyed beauty shown in newspapers.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Perhaps, even more frightening is that these very same people have obviously never even bothered to study the case, even a little bit. Yet, somehow they see nothing morally reprehensible about assuming she is guilty and posting their uninformed opinion on the internet.
She was found guilty...twice. She IS guilty in the eyes of the law. You people seem to want to only accept the verdicts that YOU decide are correct.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM

684 posts, read 869,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
She was found guilty...twice. She IS guilty in the eyes of the law. You people seem to want to only accept the verdicts that YOU decide are correct.
(DUH)

Italy's system of jurisprudence acquitted both Amanda and Raffaele. I will repeat the key word so you can't miss it: acquitted. If a person is acquitted, that means they had been in jeopardy.

America's system of jurisprudence does not allow for or practice double jeopardy.

There is no chance that America's Secretary of State is going to allow Amanda to be extradited to Itally for no other reason other than Italy's kangaroo court system didn't like the uproar when Amanda and Raffaele were "acquitted" based on insufficient evidence -- a massive insufficiency by my measure.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:37 PM

125 posts, read 125,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
I am disturbed by Dershowitz's comments in this video. He has been a professor at Harvard Law most of his life. He has been a respected defense attorney throughout his career. He is as informed of the horrors involved with coercive interrogations as anyone, but does not even attempt to mention that coercive interrogation appears to have occurred in this case. He speaks about there being all sorts of evidence to convince Knox but then strangely fails to identify any of it, except what was obtained in the interrogation room. He must know this case stinks on ice, yet he insults the intelligence of everyone who feels a sense of outrage over the profound injustice of the case by relegating it to nothing more than a passing fancy with Knox due to her being young and attractive.

Something appears to have suddenly gone very afoul in the man's mind. Could it be that Amanda Knox does not ethnically qualify for Dershowitz's personal liberal agenda? Could it be that he is getting soft in the head, or could it be that Magnini has got some dirt on ol' Dersh as well?

Shame on you, Mr. Dershowitz.

Last edited by SigTurner; 02-01-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime