Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 01:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
Nope, but the story was there was no way it was an intruder because the snow covering the ground around the house was undisturbed. The fact is, there was little snow around the house and no one had to disturb it to get in - - even if they went in through the broken window.

Besides, the photos were taken after the body was found - that means after 1 pm. If the killer went in before dawn, any tracks left on a dusting of snow could have been gone with the sun. Just saying...
Even with the little snow seen I the photo, there's enough to leave footprints.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:23 PM

388 posts, read 425,747 times
48 Hours 10_4_2002

See if this works. There are images of the house on that page as shown on 48 Hours. There was snow on the front lawn, not on the side of the house where the broken window was located.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I couldn't find the photo but did find this:

"No footprints" report

The photos displayed, entitled "The Sidewalk and Surrounding Area," [purporting to demonstrate that police reports of "no footprints" were misleadeing] are an excellent example of the way in which Smit tosses all objectivity aside, bending the evidence to the advantage of his "clients." The police arrived at 6AM, well before sunrise. The photos shown were obviously taken in clear sunlight. The police report emphasized the presence of frost, not just snow, on the ground. If any frost had survived after sunrise, it would probably not show up in such photos anyhow. Thus the photos are completely irrelevant. Yet Smit, referring only to snow and NOT frost, presents them as evidence of police incompetence and/or bias. Smit himself was not at the scene at that time and had only photographs to work by. Yet he questions the observations of an experienced policeman at the scene that morning.

- - - - -

That's from this blog which has some other interesting photos and observations.

I saw some of the initial police notes, handwritten bits, learned the word egress, never knew it before then.

Those notes on " no footprints in the snow" referred to the snow on the front lawn, possibly because Mr Barnhill said he had seen someone crossing the yard the day before - thought it might have been JAR.
There was no mention of the side lawn in the notes I saw, though I do admit they were far from complete, just part of what was leaked to certain media people.

Again, while I may be properly called a Ramsey supporter, others can also be branded BORG. Look for the depositions and programs who really did not pick sides but sought out the truth. 48 Hours really did examine both sides. They didn't take my word for what happened with Foster, they investigated it all. Did the same with all Ramsey information.

Yes, they took Lou Smit's word over Steve Thomas' but that's because Thomas' was discredited time and time again. People like Coffman and Shapio and his own teammates didn't keep his secrets. Under deposition, he showed his own true colors. Don't take my word for it - - read the legal documents that ARE still available online.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
- - - - -

That's from this blog which has some other interesting photos and observations.

I know that page. He used Frank Coffman as a man who is a good source, BUT... here's a little true story. Police took photos of JonBenet's bed, then made it and took more. They showed those photos tpo the housekeeper to see if she would show shock - - as in, we didn't make the bed when we took her! The photo was a lie, LHP had no such reaction and that should have been the end of it. But LHP told Coffman what the cops said to her, about the photo - - and it was not but a couple of hours before the BORG (and yes, he certainly IS BORG) were posting that only a mother would have made that bed, or that there was proof JBR never went to bed that night. Peter Boyles and certain media picked up and it and an urban myth was born.

I don't always care to see Frank used as a source. Sometimes he did have good stuff, but not always. If he had papers to back up what he said, I liked him. Other stuff was just BPD bull.

Really, check out the real findings on the stun gun and look at the crime photos of the side yard. Much more honest than that blog.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Spending time with the Ramsey's, you've lost case objectivity. Lou Smit did the same. Comparative to reading tabloids, believing every word.

Nope. I wasn't unwilling to go visit several BORG leaders to let them show me "evidence that would change my mind". Spent days with Darnay in NYC doing just that, time in Boulder with others, including Frank Coffman and Jeff Shapiro. Their evidence was nothing more than an insistance that their theory was right, why even Steve Thomas thought so! Well, we know what his thought process was when accusing the Ramseys. He's a father now, I wonder if he ever thinks back and wonders how he could have thought Patsy did THAT, or how John would have covered for her if she had.

If you can't remember the FBI were at the Ramseys home the morning after their 911 call, I'm not sure other accounts accuracy.

It has been 20 years, I was not there and I personally think I do pretty well remembering things off the top og my head. I still think the FBI masde it to Boulder but not to the Ramsey house. I certainly believe that if they HAD gone to the house and seen what was going on, they would have stepped in and things would have been different. Just thinking - - was the Schiller movie supporting at FBI at the house idea? I don't think so but it's been a long time since I watched it.

Thanks for participating in forum discussion.

Welcome, though I won't be on it too much more today. I havve gone from thread 1 to current and don't think I need to be here 24/7. Just wanted to get the discussion started again. The Carnes info is on another thread here now - - lots you can learn from that - - especially info from Fleet and Priscilla's depositions.

I would've had my recorder going. Your saying highly regarded Cyril Wecht, told you something other than reports and interviews? You're so intimating he stuttered? Had smirk in his voice?

I believe that was on the Dave Lucas radio show out of NYC. Perhaps someone else kept it. I know others heard it.

Are you suggesting Patsy lied to investigators?

Nope, just saying she didn't memorize word for word any certain statement and while she may not have said she picked up the note in that interview, to the best of my recollection she did in other interviews. You'd have to read all of them to know for sure she never said she touched that note, I believe she did and was not lying to anyone. Just telling the story and sometimes missing out on a detail that appeared in another interview.

You couldn't seriously believe this?
Yes, I do. Police had some "experts" write a report saying 118 was from the psalm. Others said it was the bonus. No one really knows what it meant to the killer. My husband says maybe a time, I say maybe the amount of a certain bill the killer owed. There are a toin of theories on that one.

By the way, can you share your theory here - from start to finish explaining all the facts we know to be true. I would be interested in seeing a thread with all of you telling YOUR stories of what happened.

Burke wore size 8 1/2 or 9.
[b]Burke never owned Hi-Tec boots. None were found in the house. I heard JAR may have owned some way before the murder but they would have been in Atlanta if anywhere. In the end, police never linked the boots to the Ramseys at all. If they had, you would have no problem showing me evidence of that. It would be documented in some of the depositions, but it is not.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
To: 'Jameson"

Are you aware that many people online have "called you out", and in short, have said that you are no one important and visit the "jonbenet forums" just to have the chance to show off (or whatever)?

Perhaps you could share your credentials, or provide a link to them?

(If you have already posted them here, can you please tell us the post number? Thanks.)
Yes, no and read the thread.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:03 PM

gone for now but hope some of you actually look at the Carnes thread on this forum. Lots of new information for people who care to know the truth.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:56 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you can't remember the FBI were at the Ramseys home the morning after their 911 call...
Virgode, do you have a link to this? And do you mean 12/27 or 12/26 (you said the morning "after" the 911 call)? I can't find anything that says the FBI were involved that early, other than agents setting up phone taps at the Boulder PD.

Last edited by CA4Now; 06-08-2015 at 03:07 PM..

Old 06-08-2015, 03:06 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Re: the 118 K: In Schiller's book, he writes that the Ramsey's housekeeper, Linda Hoffmann-Pugh, said that when she cleaned the Ramsey home, the Bible on JR's nightstand was always open to Psalm 118. She said she would occasionally lean over and read it before she dusted.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:11 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
For goodness sake, IT WAS THE PARENTS!!!

How on earth anyone can read that ransom note and see anyone but Patsys syrupy manipulative tone is beyond me.

The most important thing in ANY investigation = follow the evidence.

Every scrap implies Jonbenet was murdered at home, by those who allegedly loved her.

Same old story. There's nothing new or unique here except Ramsey Money and scheming.

Abuse gone too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime