Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 03:27 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
Don't know anything about it being her favorite. It was the blanket from the bed and I expect the kidnapper took it to cover her as he carried her away, a lot less suspicious than to carry out a kid in just her pjs.

A lot "less suspicious" putting a blanket over a body than just a body being carried out. A blanket over a body now looks like a blanket over a body. Duh. However, if we go beyond silliness, there is a psychological implication in forensics about putting a blanket over a body.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:38 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,676,843 times
Quote:
I totaly agree. Here is a very hard to look at page on the garrotte that begs the question, what loving parent could do this not once but twice?
Http://www.jameson245/garotte.htm

You are making an assumption that they were "loving" parents. The only proof we have of that is what they said or did, in public, when people were watching or what was said by a friend, relative, neighbor. We have no accounts of what the truth was behind closed doors. We have "hearsay" of what people said about them.

People thought Ted Bundy was "the boy next door" till exposed.

BTK killer was a church deacon. Mild mannered and quiet. We knew nothing of him till exposed.

Just because we are projecting the qualities of "loving parent" onto someone doesn't make it actually so.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:45 PM

26,767 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Apparently the Boulder PD learned a lot from their mistakes in the Ramsey case. They brought the FBI in immediately when Susannah Chase was found beaten in an alley not too far from the Ramsey home, a year later.
Chronology: The Susannah Chase murder - The Denver Post

Old 06-08-2015, 03:56 PM

19,856 posts, read 9,418,708 times
Quote:
Yes, no and read the thread.
Well, I have my answer. I am so terribly sorry for you, and I hope you get some help.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:02 PM

26,767 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
You are making an assumption that they were "loving" parents. The only proof we have of that is what they said or did, in public, when people were watching or what was said by a friend, relative, neighbor.
Actually, we have the media searching every piece of evidence they could find--for years--to link PR and JR to the murder. They, as well as the Boulder PD, and later the FBI, combed through both of their pasts: childhoods, schools, neighborhoods, places of employment, military service, coworkers, credit records, phone history, places with which they did business, etc. If the evidence had been there, it certainly would have been found.

Quote:
People thought Ted Bundy was "the boy next door" till exposed.
Read up on Ted Bundy. He had plenty of serious problems long before he killed, including a fascination with knives before he was 5 years old, severe emotional detachment as a teenager, rage at his siblings, anger about finding that his "mother" was actually his sister...

Old 06-08-2015, 06:34 PM

388 posts, read 425,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
So what if CW's ex-girlfriend said she thinks he did it? Without hard proof, this is meaningless. Maybe they had a bad break-up & she was angry with him as a result. Women have unjustly gotten guys in trouble when they're upset with them.

As far as I'm concerned, her accusations mean nothing.
Let me make this clear. He was cleared by the DNA? The same DNA that cleared others, including John and Patsy. Maybe later we could review that legal document, right from the DA.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:36 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,651,906 times
Quote:
In many of those cases there was mental illness and history of prior violence. In other cases there was clear motive - - Susan Smith's boyfriend didn't want kids. Even in those cases with no prior indications, afterwards they did not speak or act as innocent people. And there was evidence they did it.

There was no reason for the parents to take JonBenet to the basement that night if they DID want to molest her.
How do you know for sure? Tell us what you know; we all want to solve this. Who did it? Who are/were the suspects? Why haven't we ever heard about ANYONE? Give us inside information -- the point is, we all want to know who killed this child. I don't care if it was a stranger who tried to set Patsy up by writing almost 100 percent exactly the way she did or Ghost of Christmas Past -- who did this? Tell us -- really.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Re: the 118 K: In Schiller's book, he writes that the Ramsey's housekeeper, Linda Hoffmann-Pugh, said that when she cleaned the Ramsey home, the Bible on JR's nightstand was always open to Psalm 118. She said she would occasionally lean over and read it before she dusted.
Linda would say anything for a buck after she lost her job.

This is exactly why many of us want the full grand jury testimony made public. Let the lies be exposed and let the chips fall where they may. Secrecy isn't helping anything.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
For goodness sake, IT WAS THE PARENTS!!!

How on earth anyone can read that ransom note and see anyone but Patsys syrupy manipulative tone is beyond me.

The most important thing in ANY investigation = follow the evidence.

Every scrap implies Jonbenet was murdered at home, by those who allegedly loved her.

Same old story. There's nothing new or unique here except Ramsey Money and scheming.

Abuse gone too far.
I have spoken to Patsy for hours and would not call her a syrupy manipulativr speaker at all.
Agree you should follow the evidence. Also should make sure the evidence you are following is true, verified type stuff. Not a blog based on tabloid stories or discredited people.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,651,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Why would a man who had lost his oldest child in a car accident four years before, who was bereft to the point of being unable to speak of her without breaking down, and who said he had never in his life known that magnitude of grief, kill his child? It doesn't make sense.
How do you know? How do you know anything for sure? You say you met these people in Atlanta, after the murder. How could anyone but John and Patsy themselves know exactly what they went through at each moment in their lives for four years, or even for one day? No one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime