Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:03 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,649,548 times

Advertisements

Can't find Mark D. Sievers' birthdate, but here's some of his information in public records:

Free people search and contact details for Mark D Sievers | Whitepages
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 07:03 PM

36 posts, read 141,979 times
(Websleuths no doubt has a thread).

I say the husband and an office person. Or two office people.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:37 PM

438 posts, read 654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
Only accepts cash as in currency? What kind of legitimate medical practice does that? Even if it is: cash, check or credit, but not insurance, it would be a rarity. I wonder if there is a phony medicare billing / tax fraud angle to this.
Many legitimate medical practices do this. Some call it concierge medicine when the clientele is mostly wealthier patients. Some doctors just can't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with the CMS or the Insurance companies to get their money. They take a long time to reimburse you, and sometimes what you get is only a percentage of what you billed for and they may deny the reimbursement completely for a whole bunch of bogus reasons. And while you waiting to get paid for your services you have to use your own money to pay your staff and cover the other expenses incidental to operating the pratice. If you were a practitioner who owns his/her own practice and you had to deal with the reimbursement process you would understand.
This doctor to me doesn't seem to be a practitioner in the traditional vein. I've seen Youtube videos of her promoting alternative treatments like supervitamins and other private label type stuff. She seemed the Dr. Oz type who was more into pseudo research and selling stuff to her patients. Medicare/Medicaid would not reimburse her for those 'treatments' she was pitching on social media. Possibly she was in financial trouble and owed somebody some money.

I suspect that she had another man on the side and that he killed her in some jealous rage, or that the husband set it up. More the former than the latter. Why was her alarm system off when she was at home alone?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:50 AM

Mark D. Sievers public information:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Flori...-P2197663.aspx

I think it's strange that her husband Mark hasn't even been interviewed -- that means they're likely looking at him very closely as a person of interest and probably have had him in an interrogation room for hours/days.

Last edited by Tobiashen; 07-09-2015 at 01:03 AM.. Reason: link wasn't working

Old 07-09-2015, 01:25 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,570,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
Mark D. Sievers public information:

Mark Sievers - Manager for Restorative Health and Healing Center LLC

I think it's strange that her husband Mark hasn't even been interviewed -- that means they're likely looking at him very closely as a person of interest and probably have had him in an interrogation room for hours/days.
He may have refused interviews, court of public opinion would chew him up and spit him out. No doubt he's under interrogation.

Reports say Dr S the breadwinner; doesn't appear true from the link above?

Then this...
An online account at Gofundme.com was opened Monday by Sievers' husband, Mark Sievers, with an introduction by her colleague Lenka Spiska, a licensed massage therapist and intuitologist.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cds6SW6r4eA

This is her associate...who doesn't seem too broken up about her colleague's death.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:39 AM

^^^That, in contrast to this lady, her nurse, who is beside herself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl3K...tXg3E6&index=5

Old 07-09-2015, 05:36 AM

774 posts, read 745,888 times
The go fund me deal was updated:
I want to Thank everyone for their support and prayers during our time of great sorrow. This fund was set up by a good friend of ours but the monies raised are going to be donated to "Good Shepherd Ministries" of Ft Myers, FL in honor of Teresa. This is one of her favorite non for profit charities that she works very closely with to help get people off the street and to find affordable housing. I hope this does not offend anyone. Again, thank you for your continued prayers and G-d bless you all.
Mark

Old 07-09-2015, 06:14 AM

13,406 posts, read 28,741,978 times
Seems according to the local paper Sheriff still not releasing any info

Sheriff: Sievers' homicide not an arbitrary circumstance

Old 07-09-2015, 08:31 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,393,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
Many legitimate medical practices do this. Some call it concierge medicine when the clientele is mostly wealthier patients. Some doctors just can't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with the CMS or the Insurance companies to get their money.
Good point. Now that you mention it, I did read an article about the concierge trend. The article mentioned that the doctors doing it often keep a small number of wealthy (and probably low maintenance), patients while dropping everybody else. They then up the service level by making house calls etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
Why was her alarm system off when she was at home alone?
It might be that it was always off. We had an alarm that came with a house we bought. Being low tech, I never fgured out how to really work it. After two false calls to the police, the thing wound up in the "always off position".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
Lol. Good thought. She could of had a stalker who became a patient and then became inpatient because things were not moving in the direction that he hoped. So he calls doc for a house visit. Doc rebuffs him. He gets mad. And boom.
Or, as doc already had her pick of admirers, she simply rebuffs him at the office and drops him as a patient. The spurned Romeo then buys access to those commercial "people finder" data mining services. After going to the docs web pages and You Tube sites for information to load into the search engine, about 90 minutes of data base searches later, he knows where the doc probably lives.

He then pays her a house call while fantasizing about lasting love initiated by romantic rendevous with a beautiful (and high income) woman. The doc tells him to uhmm.... "beat it". Things then go down hill fast.

Last edited by Cryptic; 07-09-2015 at 08:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime